Our 2011 Qb

eppy4life

Riley/Canales did a great job leading this team at the end the season. I've heard many on here suggest Riley should be our QB next season. I understand his mobility really helps open things up for Dunbar and co but his inabilitiy to throw the ball down the field really limits this thing. I thought we looked much better with a QB who forced the safeties back.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Riley/Canales did a great job leading this team at the end the season. I've heard many on here suggest Riley should be our QB next season. I understand his mobility really helps open things up for Dunbar and co but his inabilitiy to throw the ball down the field really limits this thing. I thought we looked much better with a QB who forced the safeties back.

I watched two games..including the KState game and in each game Riley threw some very long passes that right on target. Might need to adjust our evaluation on his passing ability.

I watched two games..including the KState game and in each game Riley threw some very long passes that right on target. Might need to adjust our evaluation on his passing ability.

I noticed that as well the first game he started as QB. I remember a pass that was a little high but mostly too hot for the receiver to handle after it had traveled at least 35 yards.

I thought Riley's arm looked better this year then ever before, I only worry about his longevity at QB.

• Upvote 1

I thought Riley's arm looked better this year then ever before, I only worry about his longevity at QB.

Speaking of longevity. Does anyone know how Riley is doing with the compressed disc? It was scary to see him get carted off the field and I hope he is doing well.

I wish Coach Mac could have been at UNT during the whole recruiting cycle but it is what it is...

What I think we can expect (if not this cycle) is across the board improvement in all facets of our recruitiing with team speed being toward the top of the list. Coach Mac told D&M on The Ticket this AM how he gets goose bumps when he looks outside his new office and watches that new stadium rising from the ground.

Fry did pretty good with his first recruiting haul starting out in December of 1972 and the players he recruited would in their 3'rd year beat the University of Tennessee Volunteers, UH Cougars, etc, etc, etc. I would bet Coach Mac has seen film of much of that season.

Exciting times ahead...

GMG

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I agree. This whole inability to throw the ball down field is nonsense IMHO.

Keith

My vote goes to Riley just because of his leadership skills, I'm not saying that Tune or Thompson lack in that area, but we just have not seen it from them as much as he have with #11. I also like Rileys ability to scramble and make plays happen. The only thing that would make me want Thompson or Tune is the fact that Riley is injury prone, I would love to see the same QB week in and week out.

Riley's arm strength has improved a lot since last year but it still isnt as good as thompson's...but dodge is a better scrambler...i say who ever wins the job deserves it. BTW Riley is alright from the injury, he was at the basketball game yesterday sitting in the pit crew and looked ok.

My vote goes to Riley just because of his leadership skills, I'm not saying that Tune or Thompson lack in that area, but we just have not seen it from them as much as he have with #11. I also like Rileys ability to scramble and make plays happen. The only thing that would make me want Thompson or Tune is the fact that Riley is injury prone, I would love to see the same QB week in and week out.

It wont be Tune.

Our most durable quarterback this year...more durable than Tune and Thompson combined...was Riley Dodge. Football is a rough game. Injuries occur all the time - everyone is injury prone.

Keith

• Upvote 1