Club Seats

MeanGreen61

KRAM1 posted this Club Seat info in another thread. Curious, how many of you have purchased or plan to purchase Club Seating ? I plan to, but will be in the White or Silver section. Green is just too much green for this retired guy. :)

Let's clear up, a bit, the cost for Club Seats..

1) In the Green Section (between the 35 yard lines) - $12,500 gift (one time) per seat payable over 5 years + min. $500 donation to Mean Green Club + Cost of tickets ($350 per seat per season)

2) In the White Section (Between the 15 and 35 yard lines) - $6250 gift per seat (one time) payable over 5 years + min. $500 donation to the Mean Green Club + Cost of tickets ($350 per seat, per season)

3) In the Silver Section (between the goal line and the 15 yard line) - $3,125 gift per seat (one time) payable over 5 years + Min. $500 donation to the Mean Green Club + cost of tickets ($350 per seat per season)

You get: priority parking benefits, private elevator access, concierge service, access to club level 2 hours before kick-off, complimentary game-day buffet, complimentary non-alcoholic beverages throughout game, full cash bar, etc.

It's a pretty sweet deal and reasonably priced compared to other stadium deals I am aware of around the country. To "reserve" a spot it only takes a commitment on your part and a $500 deposit.

Your gift towards Club Level Seating is 80% tax deductible.

This info is straight out of the most recent brochure regarding seating at the stadium.

Edited by MeanGreen61
  • Upvote 2

The SGA president who helped organize (and presided over), the student fee vote has to pay for his seats at the new stadium? Am I the only one who sees something very wrong with this?

Did not think Flyer was the SGA president. That, however, does not diminish all the great work he did to help get the vote passed. Without the work Flyer did, I doubt we would even have a "stadium" thread to discuss the new stadium. Way to go Flyer!!!!!!! Run for election and you have my vote in the bag!

Oh, forgot to add...my bride and I signed up for Club Seats last week. Maybe now she won't take the car and leave me stranded to find a ride home after a rainy game! Yes, she did that on on more than one occasion...I have witnesses!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 2

My school, and those that support it, stepped up and built us a new stadium. Now we have to do our part to pay for it.

I hope is that those of us that put up the jack for club seats will enable the university to continue a pricing strategy that allows casual, "off the street" or non-UNT affiliated fans to be able to attend games at a reasonable price, i.e. family section, etc.

Of the group of 20-25 with whom we typically tailgate and attend games, at least half did not go to NT and attend because they enjoy being with friends, seeing college football at a price they percieve to be a good value.

I think we will get new fans that want to see football, hopefully winning football, in a first-class facility. But I do think there is a contingent of fans described above. To maximize "butts in seats," I look forward to seeing a price structure that can accommodate the high-toned all the way down to steerage.

GMG

• Upvote 6

I'm in the same situation, my friend. Hard to convince the wife to spend this kind of money when "we can do so many other things"

But like I tell my wife, "Why would you want to do anything other than go to a Mean Green game?"

;)

I'm thinking about this for my wife: "You want us to spend more time together right? Well, on Saturdays I'll be in the club section at the new mean green stadium. Logically, if you want us to spend more time together, shouldn't you be in the club section as well?"

Will I get punched in the head?

• Upvote 3

I'm thinking about this for my wife: "You want us to spend more time together right? Well, on Saturdays I'll be in the club section at the new mean green stadium. Logically, if you want us to spend more time together, shouldn't you be in the club section as well?"

I think you should be a case study for all of us married men and let us know how it turns out.

But like I tell my wife, "Why would you want to do anything other than go to a Mean Green game?"

;)

Maybe kicked in the nads but certainly not punched in the head.

The flying V section is the only green section I'll be able to afford.

render-18.jpg

With the squids getting older, I'm on the verge of downgrading my two Mean Green Club section seats to the family four pack deal. Still plan to stay in the Mean Green Club though. Wish I had more to give.

GMG

I like being closer to the field than what it looks like you are with the club seats. We're in row 12 now. I think I really need to see how far they actually are from the field.

GMG!