Great D-Rc Editorial On Bataille/jackson Battle

SUMG

Read how pissy Lee Jackass gets over Bataille's attempt to move some classes in Dallas to another place. What a pompous jerk he is:

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/drc/opinion/editorials/stories/DRC_editorial_0313.1a10a7edb.html

• Upvote 3

For those of us that want to express our vote of no confidence in the leadership of Mr. Jackson, what is best way to have our voices heard and who do we express it to? My opinion....this man is bad for UNT.

Why is he never available for comment when the press asks? Does he have another job that keeps him busy or something?

Keith

Edited by keith

The more I read about this the less sorry I feel for Dr.B. Don't get me wrong, my hatred of LJ is not waning, it just seems like she was starting to really overplay her hand.

Maybe she did, but that's how she saw her job. She was never going to be the "little woman" and she obviously didn't know how petty and ruthless Jackson could be. I feel sorry for both Dr. B. and our University. After this incident, I seriously doubt that we will ever get as strong an advocate as Dr. B, to be our President again.

Jackson has to go.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

Bataille didn't see us as 'little ole' North Texas' and wanted to make sure we never were anything less than we should be. Jackson sees the NT system as a glorified Junior College and will make sure he is right. Please get this Joker away from my school.

• Upvote 3

The more I read about Lee Jackson's handling of our university's chancellorship the more convinced I am that he views NT-Dallas much the same some in the police department view their pet projects. He will push and push to protect his "baby", regardless of common sense or resistance. It's more about self-promotion through glorification of his little corner of the world that he created.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The more I read about this the less sorry I feel for Dr.B. Don't get me wrong, my hatred of LJ is not waning, it just seems like she was starting to really overplay her hand.

I just don't see how she and Ransom could in good conscience not oppose the centralization of the HR and IT functions in Dallas. I guess that leaves the difference in percentage tuition increase, but UNT had a real difficult task in raising the money to work together the tier one research status; I'm fairly certain there's some part of the requirements that additional tuition money could have helped with. Now, increased financial support seems that much further away, what with the resignation of the woman in charge of the initiative to raise $170 million, allegedly over the Bataille "resignation". In view of that, I guess the $1 million payout seems like chump change, and unworthy of an effort by two adults to resolve differences.

I guess, having worked in IT for a career, the consolidation of that in Dallas is really galling to me. How can that improve things in Denton and at the UNTHSC? Honestly, I doubt if it is even good for UNT Dallas. And no, it's not that I'm saying Bataille's way or the highway, it's mostly that these recent moves by Jackson and the BOR just seem bad for the system, and possibly only good for one person's ego.

• Upvote 2

I wonder if UNT didnt have a women Pres, maybe Jackson would be acting different? Just from the things I have been reading, he was not mad about the situation, but instead who was causing the change.

I don't think so. Jackson also forced out Dr. Pohl. As convenient as it would be to call Jackson a sexist jerk, I think he's an equal-opportunity jerk. I think you're on to something about the situation, but rather than it being a specific person, I think it was just that he doesn't like anyone opposing him on anything. I also think he is somewhat jealous of the support the past two presidents have enjoyed (although Pohl wasn't nearly as popular with the faculty as Bataille).

LJ = yet another one of you know who's "splendid" appointments.

Who? The sitting board of regents back in 2002? You do understand that the chancellor is appointed by the board of regents, right? You also understand that the regents are appointed to 6 year terms by the governor, right? You would also understand that the one you are slinging mud at was in office for less than 2 years when Jackson was hired, right? You are a well educated UNT alumnus so you would use that intellect of yours in concluding that it would be VERY unlikely that all 9 regents on the board Sept 1, 2002 were appointed between Dec 21, 2000 and that date.

C. Dan Smith, a UNT alumnus is the only person still serving on the board that was around when Jackson was appointed. You can say that your target's appointees have not fired Jackson, but you cannot say that they solely appointed him.

From the system website, what a joke it is that they devote our vital resources for LJ's flailing pet project.

The UNT System has three components.

UNT at Denton, founded in 1890, is the flagship university of the UNT System, a student-centered research university. It is the state's fourth largest university and the most comprehensive university in the Dallas-Fort Worth region. UNT has nearly 35,000 students enrolled in 99 bachelor's, 104 master's and 49 doctoral degree programs.•UNT Health Science Center at Fort Worth was established in 1970. It focuses on the training of future osteopathic physicians, on providing an increasing number of health profession programs, and conducting a vigorous research program. UNTHSC is nationally recognized for leadership in developing primary care physicians.

UNT Dallas Campus (also known as the System Center) was established in 1999 to enhance access to public higher education in Dallas and Ellis counties. It is located on 264 donated acres at Camp Wisdom and Houston School roads. The school offers junior-, senior- and graduate-level courses leading to bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees. The institution name will change to UNT at Dallas when enrollment at the Dallas Campus equals 1,000 full-time equivalent students. It will then become the first public university in the city of Dallas.[/quote]

I wonder if Lee Jaokson is going to put out a release saying how pleased he is that our FLAGSHIP university in DENTON is in the NCAA Tournament. Actually I doubt he even knows what happens outside of his cozy little hamlet full cronies in DALLAS!

I just don't see how she and Ransom could in good conscience not oppose the centralization of the HR and IT functions in Dallas. I guess that leaves the difference in percentage tuition increase, but UNT had a real difficult task in raising the money to work together the tier one research status; I'm fairly certain there's some part of the requirements that additional tuition money could have helped with. Now, increased financial support seems that much further away, what with the resignation of the woman in charge of the initiative to raise $170 million, allegedly over the Bataille "resignation". In view of that, I guess the $1 million payout seems like chump change, and unworthy of an effort by two adults to resolve differences.

I guess, having worked in IT for a career, the consolidation of that in Dallas is really galling to me. How can that improve things in Denton and at the UNTHSC? Honestly, I doubt if it is even good for UNT Dallas. And no, it's not that I'm saying Bataille's way or the highway, it's mostly that these recent moves by Jackson and the BOR just seem bad for the system, and possibly only good for one person's ego.

Oh the stories I could tell... Let me just say many people on campus have serious, serious doubts about this move.

I wanted to puke when our interim president gave his stump speech at the Pourhouse Sunday. I respect the office, but that was not appropriate to give him mike time, especially given who was president most of the season.

That is really not fair. Dr. B is no longer President. Someone from the administration has to speak. And the Interim President's name is going to be on the diploma's of all those graduating in May. A similar thing happened to me back in the Dark Ages when I graduated. Jitter Nolen had been President the entire time until the last few months. I had met him on several occasions. But the interim guy was the one who signed my diploma as he was the President at the time.

Of course, I'd need to look at my diploma to remember the name of the interim who signed it and I don't remember the name of our current interim right now either!

I wanted to puke when our interim president gave his stump speech at the Pourhouse Sunday. I respect the office, but that was not appropriate to give him mike time, especially given who was president most of the season.

Not a lot of class showing with the above post. :angry: Kudo's to the interim president for demonstrating his support for the Mean Green !

Edited by MeanGreen61