Gmg.com Bowl

KRAM1

OK...great Anyone have any "graphic skills" ? Who wants to design this years T-Shirts? I am working on Fouts and the date this week, but need to get going on the T-shirts as well.

Anyone have any graphics talent they would like to share? How about PM'ing me with some ideas/drawings, etc. I know for a fact from some of the "stuff" I have seen on here that we have some "creative" folks out there...me, not so much.

I'll look for your PM's...thanks. Hope to be back to everyone this week with the date/time.

OK...I heard back from the athletic dept. We can use Fouts:

APRIL 25th (Sunday)-would make for a nice afternoon game ... say 2PM or 3PM start time

May 15th (Saturday)....perhaps again a 2PM start to help with any kiddo's playing that day earlier

or

we can go on

May 16th (Sunday)

May 22nd (Saturday)

May 23rd (Sunday).

here's the deal...too many choices...SO I will say it is either Sunday April 25th or Saturday May 15th. The voting.... via private message here on GMG.com will last through Sunday. Then either the majority of those who vote will rule...or if no one votes I'll make the call. As things go here on GMG.com, I know there wioll be "date controversy and time controversy...but, as we all know...you can't please all the people all the time...biggrin.gif

Also...we need:

1) Confimed playing commitments

2) T-Shirt Sizes

3) Cost = $25.00 each to cover T-Shirt and some $$$ for the GMG.com Andrew Smith Scholarship fund...Is that fair????

ALSO...In dire need of two Coaches...STEBO?????? Want to coach once more? Anyone else...we will need you.....CAN WE DO THIS?????

OK...I heard back from the athletic dept. We can use Fouts:

APRIL 25th (Sunday)-would make for a nice afternoon game ... say 2PM or 3PM start time

May 15th (Saturday)....perhaps again a 2PM start to help with any kiddo's playing that day earlier

or

we can go on

May 16th (Sunday)

May 22nd (Saturday)

May 23rd (Sunday).

here's the deal...too many choices...SO I will say it is either Sunday April 25th or Saturday May 15th. The voting.... via private message here on GMG.com will last through Sunday. Then either the majority of those who vote will rule...or if no one votes I'll make the call. As things go here on GMG.com, I know there wioll be "date controversy and time controversy...but, as we all know...you can't please all the people all the time...biggrin.gif

Also...we need:

1) Confimed playing commitments

2) T-Shirt Sizes

3) Cost = $25.00 each to cover T-Shirt and some $$$ for the GMG.com Andrew Smith Scholarship fund...Is that fair????

ALSO...In dire need of two Coaches...STEBO?????? Want to coach once more? Anyone else...we will need you.....CAN WE DO THIS?????

Yep - I will captain the Green team. We can use the same rules as last year, draft for the players 2 weeks before the game. No ringers unless it is agreed upon. The biggest problem that we had last year was wrangling up the actual flags from Rec Sports. I think that Justin (UNT 92 Fan) came through on that but maybe it was Nightmare.... There are some traditions that go with the game, Andrew Smith picture, prayer, donation of proceeds to his scholarship fund, etc... This game has certainly grew legs since we had the first one in 2001 or 2002... I can't remember what the board was bickering about but everyone was arguing. Harry got onto the board and said something like "You all just need a football fix and it is a long way till Fall" - and the game was born. Hard to believe that this will be the 7th or 8th game... Whatever we need to do to keep the tradition going, let's do it.

BUMP

Thanks for the replies so far...need a few more to determine the date...Voting on the date runs through this Sunday...then it will be set.

Who can secure the flags for us from Rec Sports this year?

Who has the Andrew Smith Photo?

We have Stebo as Green Team coach...we need a White Team coach...any "volunteers"?????

OK, let's talk fun stuff? Anyone up for a bit of tailgating before and after the game? Adult beverages perhaps...along with the soft drinks for the kiddo's...any volunteers want to head up the pre-post game fun activities?

The more folks that will help with this the better the event can be...

I still need:

1) Votes on the date

2) T-shirt sizes

3) Volunteer to get the flags from rec sports...Flyer? Bstnsportsfan? Perhaps a registered student would have more luck than an alum....just thinking...

4) White Team Coach

5) Pre/post-game "fun" organizer/volunteer.

Looking good folks...should be fun...

OK, vote is going well and so far it looks like Saturday, May 15th at 3PM is going to win out...but voting is still "open" until the end of the day Sunday as promised.

In addition, we have our two coaches and referee...

Green Team Coach - STEBO

White Team Coacg - FireFIghterRick

Referee - None other than UNT Flyer

We do need to figure out the flags...We have a couple of folks checking with the rec center...and we have an offer from a GMG.com member to purchase the flags for us so they will always be available...name will remain anonymous at this time until we know if we will need to call upon his very generous offer...but, let me say the spirit and generosity of GMG.com and Mean Green Nation members never ceases to amaze me....

Question....how many flag belts are needed and how many players for each team on the field at any one time? Hey, I'm "old" and can't remember...

Also...I still do not have T-shirt sizes for many of those who have said they will play....you know what will happen if you don't let me know...you'll get a shirt probably way too big or way too small...so, let me know. Thanks to those who have private messaged me to vote on the date/time and to provide info and sizes.

Fee will be $25.00 per player...donantions accepted as well...to cover costs and a donation to the Andrew Smith Scholarship fund. Payable in cash or check at the time of the game...thank you.

GO MEAN GREEN! And...Go GMG.com bowl!!!!!