North Texas 2010 (Real Outlook And Message To All Nt Posters)

NTFB4LIFE

No doubt our new hire is a good one but Coach Dodge and his recent OC and current staff did about the same job statistically as USF maybe even better, so.... Coach Dodge's offensive is NOT a step down for Canales. Defense wins championships PERIOD maybe we need to get USF's recent DC also :lol: ... I feel for Coach Dodge because his offense is not the problem. DEFENSE has been the cancer for NT for the last 3 years. Also as I have read this forum for awhile now and there are some people on here that keep asking for a TE. Umm who was #83 the last two seasons...I think he had his hand on the ground the entire two seasons he played. I even had seen an ACE formation with a whopping number of 2 TEs. So please quit asking for a TE when Coach Dodge has the TE implemented already. More than half the plays this season had #83 on the field. To some of the posters on this forum: Do you actually go to the games? ;) When the offense scores 319 points in a season and your D gives up 427 points you have to wonder if Coach Dodge(as the Head Coach) is tired of Deloach's BASE college defense and not as from an offensive view where it is Dodge's Offensive vs. Deloach's Defense that Vito and alot of you like to make Coach Dodge and Deloach equal. Coach Dodge is the Head Coach and someone needs to tell the AD that since he hired Deloach for Dodge. Sorry Mendoza, I guess Deloach gets 3 years to screw up to your 1. Oh but yes here is the EXCUSE from the Mean Green Nation for Deloach's defense: turnovers, turnovers, turnovers however that is called being part of the game, just like stopping an offense for 3 downs is part of the game too. Now where is the excuse for this fact?-> There are about 5 games maybe 4 where the last drive came down to the defense stopping the opponent's "O" and WINNING the football game after the offense scored the go head. Now where is Coach Dodge's excuse? Mean Green Nation does not have one for him because we like to rip on him, rip on his son and rip on his trusted staff from Carroll. We should make it even easier for him to win games next year with a fan base like North Texas has. Yet the greatest thing that I find funny is the expectations at Carroll are far higher there than this supposed Division 1 school. :rolleyes: Anyway, overall both sides of the ball have problems(most teams small D-1s do) and I agree Canales will help this spring with the turnovers but the point is as for the entire football team the offense and the special teams were by far better than the defense this last season. This defense went from an extreme all man coverage scheme(Mendoza) to an extreme quarters(Cover 4) all zone base defense scheme(DeLoach). Someone might want to tell Deloach that North Texas is not Nebraska, we don't have a great D-Line and can only rush 4 men in this passing conference. Deloach might want to throw in a blitz or 2 in there once and awhile especially when we give 10 yard cushions. We could have the greatest offense in the NCAA and score 80 points a game but without a solid defense North Texas will never win and compete for a bowl game. Hopefully Canales does an awesome job and relieves Coach Dodge from the offense because I have a feeling he will have to take over on the other side of the ball or chew on some of the defensive staff until Coach Dodge finally gets what he wants.

Go Coach Dodge and Go Riley for 2010!! Coach if you do make it to 7-5 I would still throw in the resignation papers anyway, NT doesn't deserve you!!! <- (Curious,how many posts will I get from that last sentence)

Here are the stats from last season:

2009 OFFENSIVE TEAM STATS

Rank Team G Pl Yds Avg TD Ydspg

36. North Texas 12 833 4904 5.89 42 408.67

71. South Fla. 13 805 4753 5.90 44 365.62

2009 DEFENSIVE TEAM STATS

Rank Team G Pl Yds Avg TD Ydspg

24. South Fla. 13 836 4183 5.00 30 321.77

97. North Texas 12 843 4948 5.87 54 412.33

Here is the link if you need to look it up: NCAA Overall 2009 Stats

FIRE AWAY BABY!!!

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 9

i don't know that being excited for a new hire on the offensive staff communicates a satisfaction for the way the defense performed last year. was the pass rush sufficient? hardly. did our defense force turnovers? rarely.

the fact is, though, we have first hand experience watching deloach change these deficiencies at north texas. We have to trust that there will be improvement on that side of the ball. to say that there wasn't improvement from '08 to '09 would be inaccurate so can't we hope for progress in '10?

i think the excitement is exactly what you mentioned. a hope that the offense will be more efficient and control the turnovers and the defense will also improve. if both of these things happen, there's reason to be excited.

could the defense benefit from TD's ability to now manage both sides of the ball equally rather than being so offensively focused? i think so.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Deloach might want to throw in a blitz or 2 in there once and awhile especially when we give 10 yard cushions.

Welcome to the board. Solid post. I particular agree with you that until we get better in the front four DeLoach needs to mix in a blitz now and again.

Hard not to agree with the context of the post but how many more games could NT won "IF" our field goal kicker could have made that one PAT or that one FG in those games that we lost?

Personally, I have to agree that we have seen improvement since the arrival of Coach Dodge but not as fast as we all expected. We have seen points being scored offensively but an abnormal amount of points being scored defensively. One must ask is it the coaches, players or a combination? I say combination but weighted more so toward the players. The debate over the quality of players vs. the coaches has been beat in the ground too much on the board and really do not want to lengthen this post on this RIP topic.

We must all agree that Coach Dodge is a phenominal recruiter not only in players but in the quality of coaches he and RV have obtained. Quality players, coaches must equal a quality program that will equate to this year being a winning season. NT now has experienced players and an excellent coaching staff.

Hard not to agree with the context of the post but how many more games could NT won "IF" our field goal kicker could have made that one PAT or that one FG in those games that we lost?

Personally, I have to agree that we have seen improvement since the arrival of Coach Dodge but not as fast as we all expected. We have seen points being scored offensively but an abnormal amount of points being scored defensively. One must ask is it the coaches, players or a combination? I say combination but weighted more so toward the players. The debate over the quality of players vs. the coaches has been beat in the ground too much on the board and really do not want to lengthen this post on this RIP topic.

We must all agree that Coach Dodge is a phenominal recruiter not only in players but in the quality of coaches he and RV have obtained. Quality players, coaches must equal a quality program that will equate to this year being a winning season. NT now has experienced players and an excellent coaching staff.

I agree with the concept of the kicking game needs to improve; however, how much of that can be laid at the feet of the kickers and punters, since all of them I can think of since Dodge became HC have regressed? I mean, how long before the coaching staff can figure out how to get the blocking schemes and personnel for the kicking and punting games to succeed in such basic tasks as getting PAT kicks completed for a reasonable percentage? I just don't understand this; especially after seeing one of the kickers from his SL Carroll days kick the game winning FG for the Saints last week. Just reading about him was revealing, that he had the longest streak of successful PAT kicks in Carroll's history, until that was beaten by the next two SL kickers.

Does anyone have any thoughts here? Also, I guess that since eulesseagle is saying the fault for our recent failures is "weighted more so towards the players" and "NT now has experienced players and coaching staff", there's little that could be given as excuses "weighted toward the players" for next season, since what few who remain from the previous staff have had the benefit of that "experience".

Edited by eulessismore

Just because we line someone up outside of the tackle with his hand on the ground doesn't make him Jason Witten or Dallas Clark. Tightends for the past thee years have been there to block so give that arguement a rest. We could line Cole or Outlaw up tight but wouldn't make them tight ends either. Deloach HAD to run zone 99% of the past two seasons because we simply didn't have the speed to play man. The more talent we get, the more man we will play. Why do you think we are signing so many db's and linebackers that have experience in JUCO.

BTW: Dodge piled up those offensive numbers against an SBC schedule. Canales against a BCS schedule. Same letters, big difference.

• Upvote 4

The only thing I have to say is that when Coach Dodge's first recruiting class was announced (which he was in charge of), and everyone was getting excited about all the WR's being recruited, my response was (in honor of the late Clara Peller) "where's the beef?".

Can anyone show me where the beef is in our current recruiting class?

• Upvote 2

Not to say our Defense does not need to improve big time, I think we will start to see more of Deloach's Defense this year. I remember a Deloach liked to blitz, but not some much lately. But then again I have heard Todd Dodge say time and time again he didn't believe in blitzing.

But I did watch the games and I know the D did pay for a bunch of Pick-6s, intersections in our red zone, an amazing amount of poor coverage on punt and kick returns, I even remember a couple of 6-10 yard punts with no return from our side of the field, and back to back 3 and outs late in the game. So we did put the defense in a bad position several times a game, but according to you that should not count, it is just and excuse. Its damn hard to defend a pick-6, or a punt return for a touch down, or an interception return to the 3 after you just got off the field. Those things don't mater they are just excuses. Just goes to show stats are not everything, and the old adage "The best defense is a good offense" still holds true. I did see us put a bunch of points on the board against some really bad teams, I did watch the Offense lose us some games against several bad teams in the 4th quarter. I did watch the offense do nothing against several good teams. USF made it to a bowl game and scored points on pretty some pretty damn good teams. If we played their schedule you better believe Riley would have had worse stats and been knocked out more times. So I find your praise of Dodge unfounded and weak. To imply Mendoza got shafted is just a complete joke. I do feel

I do believe the whole team needs to improve on all fronts, as for Dodge he is head coach his loses and wins are his, to have the nerve to tell the fans here that if he manages a winning season in his 4 th year is so great that he needs to resign because he is too good for UNT? How sad can you be? Are you related to the Dodges?

Edited by KingDL1

If it were available I'd love to see a stat that tells how many of those yards Dodge's offense put up were between the 20's. Also, how many times we got into the red zone only to fumble or throw a pick. THOSE are stats that actually tell a story.

And to echo KingDL, lining someone up where a TE would play doesn't mean you employed a TE. Not when you often took sacks for lack of a checkdown option and not when the center of the field was unused offensively. What Dodge did last season was put a few extra OL players out there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Did you watch games last year? I seem to recall at least 3 games being lost by the offense on pick-6 interceptions (receiver or qb fault?). That's not to mention the lame special teams play and missed field goals that would have also sealed wins. Defense was not so defending either but it was a group effort in losing 10 games not just one area as you imply.

• Upvote 2

If it were available I'd love to see a stat that tells how many of those yards Dodge's offense put up were between the 20's. Also, how many times we got into the red zone only to fumble or throw a pick. THOSE are stats that actually tell a story.

And to echo KingDL, lining someone up where a TE would play doesn't mean you employed a TE. Not when you often took sacks for lack of a checkdown option and not when the center of the field was unused offensively. What Dodge did last season was put a few extra OL players out there.

Red Zone:

Rank Team 2009 Last 3 Last 1 Home Away 2008

43 North Texas (2-10) 80.4% 71.4% 100.0% 79.3% 82.4% 81.8% <-- Actually not too bad.

Sacks given up:

Rank Team 2009 Last 3 Last 1 Home Away 2008

8 North Texas (2-10) 1.0 1.3 1.0 1.2 0.8 2.3 <-- With a TE staying in a blocking we didn't do bad at all.

RECEIVING GP No. Yds Avg TD Long Avg/G

Seidle, Bryant 11 2 14 7.0 0 8 1.3 <-- Blocks 98% of the time he played.

Agreed, but with one TE in, the QB still has 3 WRs to throw to and I noticed Coach Dodges offense uses its RB as the check down. The TE position is for blocking in this scheme.However in the previous season we only rushed when #83 was in, but this year we threw the ball out of TE formations and rushed out of the spread formations that we typically passed out of last season. So the offense made itself more diverse this season. We were not just running the ball out of TE formations and vice versa.

Also the TE still has enhanced our Rushing Games since Coach Dodge has used the TE position:

RUSHING GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G

Total.......... 12 420 2470 247 2223 5.3 27 71 185.2 <----2009 With 5 or 6 TE formations and a fast QB the rushing treat has been better.

Total.......... 12 370 1840 312 1528 4.1 14 42 127.3 <----2008 Had couple TE formations and no threat for our QB to rush from the Zone read.

Total.......... 12 381 1830 405 1425 3.7 16 77 118.8 <----2007 Threw most of the time there first year.

• Upvote 1

2009 Game ending/critical drives:

Ball St: Offense, Defense, and Special Teams put it away!! Running on all cylinders!!

V 1-10 H27 NORTH TEXAS drive start at 10:22 (4th).

V 1-10 H27 Mathis, Jeremi rush for 4 yards to the BSU23 (JONES, Davyd;WOODWORTH, Sam).

V 2-6 H23 Dodge, Riley pass incomplete to Dunbar, Lance (JONES, Davyd).

V 3-6 H23 Dodge, Riley pass complete to Lott, Alex for 13 yards to the BSU10, 1ST

DOWN NT (BURCH, Koreen).

V 1-G H10 Dodge, Riley rush for 8 yards to the BSU2 (COSBY, Spain;EDDINS, Robert).

V 2-G H02 Dunbar, Lance rush for no gain to the BSU2 (KNIPP, Alex;COSBY, Spain).

V 3-G H02 Dodge, Riley rush for no gain to the BSU2 (DUFFIN, Drew;EDDINS, Robert).

V 4-G H02 Knott, Jeremy field goal attempt from 19 GOOD, clock 07:36.

=======================================

NORTH TEXAS 20, BALL STATE CARDINALS 10

=======================================

Ohio: Offense scores and defense gives it up….

Nt 1-G at Nt30 Change of possession, NT ball on OHIO25, 1st and 10.

Drive: 6 plays, 20 yards, TOP 00:00

Nt 1-10 at Ohio25 NORTH TEXAS drive start at 15:00.

Nt 1-10 at Ohio25 PENALTY NT false start (Santiago, E.) 5 yards to the OHIO30.

Nt 1-15 at Ohio30 Tune, Nathan pass complete to Outlaw, Michael for 6 yards to the OHIO24 (KELLER, Noah).

Nt 2-9 at Ohio24 Dunbar, Lance rush for loss of 3 yards to the OHIO27 (RENFRO, Lee).

Nt 3-12 at Ohio27 Tune, Nathan pass incomplete to Outlaw, Michael, PENALTY OHIO roughing passer (LUCHSINGER, K.) 13 yards to the OHIO14, 1ST DOWN NT, NO PLAY.

Nt 1-10 at Ohio14 Montgomery, C. rush for 7 yards to the OHIO7 (RENFRO, Lee;NOTESTINE, Dak).

Nt 2-3 at Ohio07 Montgomery, C. rush for 7 yards to the OHIO0, 1ST DOWN NT, TOUCHDOWN, clock 15:00.

Knott, Jeremy kick attempt good.

North Texas 30, OHIO 23

Nt 1-G at Nt30 Change of possession, OHIO ball on NT25, 1st and 10.

Drive: 4 plays, 25 yards, TOP 00:00

Ohio 1-10 at Nt25 OHIO drive start at 15:00.

Ohio 1-10 at Nt25 PENALTY NT pass interference (Adams, Adryan) 15 yards to the NT10, 1ST DOWN OHIO.

Ohio 1-G at Nt10 SCOTT, Theo rush for loss of 3 yards to the NT13 (Owusu-Hemeng, S).

Ohio 2-G at Nt13 SCOTT, Theo pass complete to GARRETT, Chris for loss of 2 yards to the NT15 (Nwigwe, Tobe;Robertson, C.).

Ohio 3-G at Nt15 SCOTT, Theo pass incomplete to MCCRAE, T..

Ohio 4-G at Nt15 Timeout OHIO, clock 15:00.

Ohio 4-G at Nt15 SCOTT, Theo pass complete to PRICE, Taylor for 15 yards to the NT0, TOUCHDOWN, clock 15:00, PENALTY NT roughing passer (Gilmore, E.) 1 yards to the NT2.

Ohio 1-G at Nt02 1st and 2.

SCOTT, Theo pass attempt to PRICE, Taylor good.

OHIO 31, North Texas 30

Alabama: Both sides didn’t do anything

MTSU: Both sides didn’t play well

ULL: Defense has 10 point cushion and gives it up

Ul 1-10 at Ul42 LOUISIANA drive start at 02:26.

Ul 1-10 at Ul42 Masson, Chris OL pass complete to Lee, Louis for 20 yards to the NT38, 1ST DOWN UL.

Ul 1-10 at Nt38 Masson, Chris OR pass incomplete to Aubrey, Luke, QB hurry by Owusu-Hemeng, S.

Ul 2-10 at Nt38 Masson, Chris middle pass incomplete to Green, Ladarius.

Ul 3-10 at Nt38 Masson, Chris rush SR for 5 yards to the NT33 (Hill, Royce).

Ul 4-5 at Nt33 Masson, Chris OR pass incomplete to Aubrey, Luke, PENALTY NT holding (Hill, Kylie) 10 yards to the NT23, 1ST DOWN UL, NO PLAY.

Ul 1-10 at Nt23 Masson, Chris RF pass complete to Sails, Undrea for 15 yards to the NT8, 1ST DOWN UL (Smith, Ira).

Ul 1-G at Nt08 Sails, Undrea rush OR for 4 yards to the NT4 (Gilmore, E.;Hill, Royce).

Ul 2-G at Nt04 Masson, Chris OL pass incomplete to Green, Ladarius.

Ul 3-G at Nt04 Masson, Chris OL pass complete to Miller, Marlin for 4 yards to the NT0, TOUCHDOWN, clock 00:27.

Albrecht, Tyler kick attempt good.

Louisiana 38, North Texas 34

FAU: Offense scores to go on top then D blows it…

NORTH TEXAS drive start at 12:06.

Nt 1-10 at Nt35 Tune, Nathan pass complete to Outlaw, Michael for 46 yards to the FAU19, 1ST DOWN NT (Bartels, Marcus), PENALTY FAU roughing passer (Colley, Jimmie) 10 yards to the FAU9, 1ST DOWN NT.

Nt 1-G at Fau09 1st and 9.

Nt 1-G at Fau09 Dunbar, Lance rush for 9 yards to the FAU0, TOUCHDOWN, clock 11:38.

Knott, Jeremy kick attempt good.

North Texas 40, Florida Atlantic 37

Drive: 2 plays, 65 yards, TOP 00:28

Knott, Jeremy kickoff 61 yards to the FAU9, Polo, Tavious return 24 yards to the FAU33 (Gordon, Robby), PENALTY FAU holding (Morgan, Y.) 10 yards to the FAU23, 1st and 10, FAU ball on FAU23.

Fau 1-10 at Fau23 FLORIDA ATLANTIC drive start at 11:38.

Fau 1-10 at Fau23 Morris, Alfred rush for 5 yards to the FAU28 (Atkinson, S.).

Fau 2-5 at Fau28 Morris, Alfred rush for 3 yards to the FAU31 (Nwigwe, Tobe;Robertson, C.).

Fau 3-2 at Fau31 Smith, Rusty pass incomplete to Bonner, Chris.

Fau 4-2 at Fau31 Groody, Mickey punt 5 yards to the FAU36 (blocked by Gilmore, E.).

Drive: 3 plays, 8 yards, TOP 01:31

Nt 1-10 at Fau36 NORTH TEXAS drive start at 10:07.

Nt 1-10 at Fau36 Tune, Nathan rush for 5 yards to the FAU31 (Bradwell, E.).

Nt 2-5 at Fau31 Tune, Nathan rush for loss of 5 yards to the FAU36 (Bradwell, E.).

Nt 3-10 at Fau36 Tune, Nathan pass complete to Jackson, Jamaal for 7 yards to the FAU29 (Alexander, Ed).

Nt 4-3 at Fau29 Timeout North Texas, clock 08:14.

Nt 4-3 at Fau29 Tune, Nathan pass incomplete to Carey, Darius.

Drive: 4 plays, 7 yards, TOP 02:01

Fau 1-10 at Fau29 FLORIDA ATLANTIC drive start at 08:06.

Fau 1-10 at Fau29 Smith, Rusty pass incomplete to Jean, Lester.

Fau 2-10 at Fau29 Smith, Rusty pass complete to Bonner, Chris for 51 yards to the NT20, 1ST DOWN FAU (Smith, Ira).

Fau 1-10 at Nt20 Morris, Alfred rush for 3 yards to the NT17 (Hill, Kylie).

Fau 2-7 at Nt17 Smith, Rusty pass complete to Harmon, Jason for 16 yards to the NT1, 1ST DOWN FAU (Adams, Adryan).

Fau 1-G at Nt01 Morris, Alfred rush for no gain to the NT1 (Adams, Adryan).

Fau 2-G at Nt01 Smith, Rusty rush for no gain to the NT1 (Atkinson, S.).

Fau 3-G at Nt01 Morris, Alfred rush for 1 yard to the NT0, TOUCHDOWN, clock 04:55.

Gornall, Ross kick attempt good.

Florida Atlantic 44, North Texas 40

Troy: The entire team didn’t do anything…

Western Kentucky: Defense made the game close until the end when it finally stepped up:

Riley had the college career high.

ULM: Same as Troy both sides didn’t do anything.

FIU: Offense didn’t keep them in the game with a dropped pass in the end zone.

Army: Offense didn’t drive down to win with 1:30 left on the clock.

Ark St: Offense didn’t roll until 2nd half but could be tied if not for late touchdown by Ark St along with the defense giving up 27 in the first half.

After looking at the season again:

Defense gave up 4 games that if they made the one stop to the opponent’s offense in the final drive we win four games.

Offensively if we had not dropped a pass in the end zone and not throwing a pick on the last drive we tie up one game and try to win in OT and with Army drive down to win that game.

To me this team could have been 6 – 6 but without our D making a stop when we need it we are 2 -10. If the offense makes its plays in the two games FIU and Army this team is still only 4 – 8 this season compared to having a 6 – 6 season with a solid defense. So which side needs more improvement…

• Upvote 1

Coach Dodge is the Head Coach and someone needs to tell the AD that since he hired Deloach for Dodge. Sorry Mendoza, I guess Deloach gets 3 years to screw up to your 1.

Let me premise this by saying that I still believe that Todd Dodge will turn things around in 2010 and as Head Coach I will give him all the credit. That being said:

1. Prove with a credible source, who is willing to be quoted, that Villareal "hired DeLoach for Dodge."

2. Yes or No! Do you belive that Mendoza would have done a better job than DeLoach and, if so, why?

Let me premise this by saying that I still believe that Todd Dodge will turn things around in 2010 and as Head Coach I will give him all the credit. That being said:

1. Prove with a credible source, who is willing to be quoted, that Villareal "hired DeLoach for Dodge."

2. Yes or No! Do you belive that Mendoza would have done a better job than DeLoach and, if so, why?

1. I can try to find one, but its kinda obvious. Deloach came into market at the end of Dodges first season and Deloach had been at UNT before with a good defense. If you are the AD would you push your first year college head coach to go get this guy. Probably yes... but the problem Deloach really hasn't helped Coach Dodge so this might be why Coach Dodge is getting a year four...from the ADs standpoint he pulled a Jerry Jones and now hes letting Coach Dodge keep his own staff this season. <-- this was on the GoMeanGreen podcast!!!

2. No and No, I want a Defensive coordinator that adjusts, not a person that is extreme one way(Man) or another(Zone). Somebody in a previous post said we don't have the speed to run man. Agreed, you have to have speed to run man, but to put the entire D but the front four in pass coverage zone, spread offenses in this conference will eat you up, this is my point about adjusting, you have to blitz, especially with a struggling defense. Hell you are going to get beat by the pass anyway then put a hit on the opponents QB. Rush more than FOUR...

Edited by NTFB4LIFE

Based on the writing style, length, emotion, and multiple uses of emoticons, my guess is that the writer is female. Based on the football knowledge I'm guessing a current or former offensive coach's wife.

I like him/her.

Talks football.

Talked some mess about the bs TE stuff.

Made me post.

Fallin in love. ...

ntfb-

impressive post on offensive and defensive stats/plays but i believe we, who attended the games, saw our field goal kicker miss game winning decisive goals/pats. granted, one less interception, one more defensive stop, one less fumble would be considered game changers and NT could be anywhere between 3-9 and 7-5. one can make a ligitimate case for any senario. just like the little dutch boy there were too many holes in the dike to, initially, plug. anyone of us can place blame on any aspect of the team over the last three years but what i saw, as our weakness last year, was the kicker. was some of Coach Dodge's decision's altered due to the kicker's ability? don't really know and i personally do not know anyone on the team or close to the team to start an unfounded rumor. only Coach knows that.

i still say NT is improving and no matter how one conceptualizes the blame or no blame game on offense, defense or special teams i believe this will be the year.

ntfb-

impressive post on offensive and defensive stats/plays but i believe we, who attended the games, saw our field goal kicker miss game winning decisive goals/pats. granted, one less interception, one more defensive stop, one less fumble would be considered game changers and NT could be anywhere between 3-9 and 7-5. one can make a ligitimate case for any senario. just like the little dutch boy there were too many holes in the dike to, initially, plug. anyone of us can place blame on any aspect of the team over the last three years but what i saw, as our weakness last year, was the kicker. was some of Coach Dodge's decision's altered due to the kicker's ability? don't really know and i personally do not know anyone on the team or close to the team to start an unfounded rumor. only Coach knows that.

i still say NT is improving and no matter how one conceptualizes the blame or no blame game on offense, defense or special teams i believe this will be the year.

Kicker's stats:

Field Goals

FIELD GOALS FGM-FGA Pct 01-19 20-29 30-39 40-49 50-99 Lg Blk

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Knott, Jeremy 10-15 66.7 2-2 4-4 3-6 1-3 0-0 41 3 <--- so he actually missed 2 field goals

PAT

PAT-ATTEMPTS.................. 35-41 85% <-- missed 6 PATS (4 Blocked) missed 2 PAT attempts by the kicker

I went to games too and don't remember our offense driving down to the 30 yd line with 10 seconds left, where our kicker is consistent at making by the way(6-6), and him missing it to lose a game. I pulled all of the stats in previous posts and not one that had us missing a field goal to lose in a final drive. Now lets talk PATs, he was 35-41 85%, and more than half of those 6 miss attempts were blocked!!! So that kicker isn't the weak point to this team. I think North Texas fans like to jump on the college experience bandwagon, yet the offense ran by previous HS coaches have improved a great deal and a successfull JC coach runs the special teams which has been 10 times better than the previous 2 seasons.

My point is that Deloach and his defense gets excused due to his GREAT experience in college...I don't see that experience anywhere when his defense comes to play...

Edited by NTFB4LIFE
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

BTW: Dodge piled up those offensive numbers against an SBC schedule. Canales against a BCS schedule. Same letters, big difference.

I'm not really picking a side here, but just flipping the perspective. FWIW:

Canales piled up those numbers using AQ talent, and probably had a few creampuffs along the OOC way.

Dodge did not have that luxury. He has SBC level talent/depth and plays one or two national title contenders every year.

Isn't that last part like a Mean Green tradition? laugh.gif

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1

Be careful NTFB4life, the last time I posted something about The Great DC .I found myself on a Suspension list on the forum. He is so good that with all of these BCS openings I am suprised he hasn't left yet. I did here one of the Kansas JC's are looking for a DC.

Did we just waste some more money on a OC? We should have spent the money on a DC first.

Defense Wins Championships :D

Edited by greenblooded43