Louisiana Monroe (12/13/09)

CMJ

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We open conference play at home. Now the games really become important.

This is an absolutely critical, do-or-die four game stretch at home. The importance of this four game stretch cannot possibly be overstated.

Can we go 4-0?

Edited by TheTastyGreek

Might as well drop the basketball program completely if we can't go 4-0 on this homestand.

Not so long ago, this board was chock full o' people jeering JJ: He's a loser, typical JJ choke, we'll never win with this guy, he's just another UNT disappointment, RV should fire him and himself, he can't recruit, he can't play the two-minute, he's an bumbler at clock management, he's made us an embarassment, he doesn't like puppies.

I say if we aren't leading Lame-O by at least 12 in the first three seconds of the first half, those people were right.

Edited by Green to the Bone

Of the four games....a lot of folks are already putting the Southeastern La. game in the W column. Those guys are 6-1 (pretty light schedule)....but they did beat FAU by 13. And that Jackson State team that we struggled with, at home, SELU beat them by 22 in Jackson:

http://www.lionsports.net/schedule.aspx?path=mbball&

Also, SELU is picked first in one of the divisions in the Southland Conference (by the preseason b-ball mag which I have).

So I'd love 4-0, and I think we can definitely do that........but it ain't gonna be easy (I don't think).

Of the four games....a lot of folks are already putting the Southeastern La. game in the W column. Those guys are 6-1 (pretty light schedule)....but they did beat FAU by 13. And that Jackson State team that we struggled with, at home, SELU beat them by 22 in Jackson:

http://www.lionsports.net/schedule.aspx?path=mbball&

Also, SELU is picked first in one of the divisions in the Southland Conference (by the preseason b-ball mag which I have).

So I'd love 4-0, and I think we can definitely do that........but it ain't gonna be easy (I don't think).

Ridiculous. We already proved our dominance over the slc when we beat uta on the stage.

Sure UNT can go 4-0, they could also go 0-4, but the series of games is pretty darn important. I think UNT has a better than even chance of going 4-0, but conference games are always a bit unpredictable early in the season before each team has a chance to actually see what the other teams will look like against conference foes. It should be interesting to see the turnout for this Sunday's game against UL-Monroe. It's up against the Cowboy-Charger game at 3:15pm and it is a Sunday afternoon.

What about students? Will they be back on campus...those that head out for the weekends, will the alumni turn out on a Sunday afternoon that is looking like it will be a nice day to be outside, will the "local" non-grad fans turn out? We'll see...I'll be there with the bride to see how it goes. Should be good fun and I am looking for a MEAN GREEN WIN to jump-start the conference games.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!

I really don't think that we can underrate the severity of the situation here with this huge four game stretch. Lose even a single game during this huge four game stretch and the following series of events will transpire:

JJ and staff relieved of their duties.

Super Pit imploded in favor of new parking lot

Trilli rehired as basketball coach