Decision Has Been Made

SilverEagle

I agree that bitching and moaning is useless at this point. Well, for that matter, it's always been pretty useless. The decision has been made......FINALLY.

NOW, since the decision has been made and it's reported that Coach Dodge will return for next year, and no great statement of confidence has been attached to the announcement....here's what I want to know.

All of you who have been declaring blind faith to the people that have been hired to run (?) our athletic program, how would you sell this situation to new recruits?

I really would like to hear your insights about this. Because if I was even a 1/2 star recruit, you would have to do some real fancy talking to convince me to come play for someone who has been "brought back for a fourth year".

I would like to hear from everyone. But especially the ex-football players from NT, the parents of the current players, and all you blind faith people. Let's hear it!

PUT DOWN YOUR POM POMS AND START SELLING!

how would you sell this situation to new recruits?

Three more years baby, three more years!!! Villarreal signs deal

You like new stuff, right? We'll, we've got a shiny new stadium coming and we'll have a new coach and AD by your senior year at UNT - even it you lose your redshirt in the final three minutes of the last game in your freshman season. Now tell me kid, what other school can make those kind of promises to you?

If I'm a recruit from the state of Texas,

"Son, we haven't played to our standards recently, and we want to put the Mean Green back where they belong, which is winning championships and going to bowl games.

We want to return to our standards. We want to go to New Orleans every year. That's our standard. We want to have a dominating defense and destroy the SBC every year. That's our standard. We want to be the next BCS buster. That's our standard. We want to have the finest facilities in our conference. That's our standard.

We can offer you the chance to help our team reach it's goals and to get a degree that's recognized everywhere in the state of Texas, no matter whether you continue your football career after college or not. We can offer you the chance to play in the best facilities in the conference, and some of the best in the region. We can offer your parents the chance to see you play live almost every week of the season, and know that you are committed to a program that cares about your welfare. We think you are a great player and we would love to have you in Denton."

SON! Have I got a deal for you!

1. Top shelf education (what Mom and Dad want to know).

2. Facilities that compare favorably with anyone's.

3. Opportunity to get on the field and compete earlier than at some of your options.

4. A style of play that suits your abilities and gives you a stage on which to shine (offensive prospect).

5. A proven defensive coordinator that built a top ten defense at UNT earlier in this decade and is back to do it again, with YOUR contribution (defensive prospect).

6. Did I mention the women?

OK I'll play

1.) lost 7 games by a touchdown or less last year.

2.) only won 5 games in the last 3 years so you should be able to compete for playing time right away (other than the obvious spot)

3.) location, location, location and the chance to make contacts in the DFW area that could help you after graduation

4.) top shelf stadium coming online 2011

5.) did I mention the coeds?

6.) best kettle korn in the land served at home games

7.) Athletic center

8.) chance to compete against a top 5 team in the country every year at their venue

9.) chance to go to the best non BCS bowl location in the country

10.) Did I mention the coeds?

Well, first thing I would do would be to keep them away from all the naysayers we have on this board. I would also let them know that UNT needed them to help turn the program around and into the winning program it can and should be...they could actually PLAY instead of possibly sitting on the bench at some other school. That they would be getting a quality education at an emerging research institution with an engineering school, business school, med school, etc., etc. I would show them how the team was so close in many games the previous season and how they could have helped UNT win those games. I would tell them about the job opportunities for UNT grads after graduation, and about the opportunities they had while attending UNT...such as the great co-eds that some have already mentioned...you bet your life I would talk about "campus life" and coeds at UNT. There is nothing more a young man would probably like to hear after talking football than to start talking "ladies"....I would point out the new stadium that is a reality for then, the facilities in all sports that have been vastly improved over the last few years, and I would talk to the young man and his parents about my expectations for both the players and the program so there would be no mistake about what was expected of them as a student and a team member at UNT.

And, then, of course, I'd tell them all the regular stuff.....

If anyone thinks UNT has no basis to recruit quality players, well...no one is going to convince them otherwise...not even the players who are signed.

Just thought I'd drop my 2 cents worth in the pot....Glad to see TD back...GO MEAN GREEN!

Why?

Great Head Coach and staff who not only coach the game of football but are teaching these young men values that will take them far in their careers.

Great opportunity to be on the ground floor of something big at UNT.

Coming from a small town (Nederland), who lost it's College football program, (Lamar University) Beaumont, it is great to be part of a growing program with a solid fan base and financial support.

We have an AD who understands beyond the wins to allow a system time to set in.

New Stadium

Three years of building our program are behind us and the foundation is set.

If you are a kicker it's a no brainer sign here.

If you are a defensive player who wants to play now sign here.

Look kid our staff knows we have to win next year and in order to do that we need a player like you to come in and immediately make an impact to our program. We feel like you are that player, sign here.

You WILL graduate here now.........

I could go on and on with reasons why to come to North Texas, a few big reasons that come to mind are, University President, Head AD, BOR's, and the majority of financial backers believe in the system in place and believe next year is the year it all comes together.

After that..........

Come to UNT because the future will be bigger than most can imagine...

Well at least that is what I see!

Edited by James Mosley

NO! "Can't Find My Way Home" is a classic. Can't begin to name the number of movies that have worked it into their soundtracks. Topless girl album cover. What is that she's holding?

Link here.

Not even worth it...that guy is clammering for a Jonas Brothers / Creed Super Bowl Halftime Show

Why?

Great Head Coach and staff who not only coach the game of football but are teaching these young men values that will take them far in their careers.

Great opportunity to be on the ground floor of something big at UNT.

Coming from a small town (Nederland), who lost it's College football program, (Lamar University) Beaumont, it is great to be part of a growing program with a solid fan base and financial support.

We have an AD who understands beyond the wins to allow a system time to set in.

New Stadium

Three years of building our program are behind us and the foundation is set.

If you are a kicker it's a no brainer sign here.

If you are a defensive player who wants to play now sign here.

Look kid our staff knows we have to win next year and in order to do that we need a player like you to come in and immediately make an impact to our program. We feel like you are that player, sign here.

You WILL graduate here now.........

I could go on and on with reasons why to come to North Texas, a few big reasons that come to mind are, University President, Head AD, BOR's, and the majority of financial backers believe in the system in place and believe next year is the year it all comes together.

After that..........

Come to UNT because the future will be bigger than most can imagine...

Well at least that is what I see!

I'd offer you a job recruiting if I had any say in the matter!

How are any of you potential recruiters going to answer the question "if I come to North Texas will Coach Dodge be there past next year?"

Well son if Dodge leaves our AD is committed to success and has put together quite a list of potential coaches that will make you and the team even more successful.