Apr - Did You Know That...

stebo

What? That we're a bigger, better academic institution that has more funding?

No its doesn't seem right.

It doesn't seem right that' Dodge has blown any competitive advantage this program used to have.

Todd Dodge has one of the most difficult sets of circumstances in the country, Darrell Dickey knows because he used to work here everyday.

What? That we're a bigger, better academic institution that has more funding?

No its doesn't seem right.

It doesn't seem right that' Dodge has blown any competitive advantage this program used to have.

Dickey did it long before Dodge got here, and he did it when he had arguably the most momentum this school has ever seen, DD is the biggest screw up ever.

Todd Dodge has one of the most difficult sets of circumstances in the country, Darrell Dickey knows because he used to work here everyday.

Actually, Dodge has never suggested that. He's always very positive about what NT has right now. Coaching decisions are certainly questionable, but supporting the school and its fans is not one of his problems.

Dickey did it long before Dodge got here, and he did it when he had arguably the most momentum this school has ever seen, DD is the biggest screw up ever.

We could have done more with all that momentum (that DD created, mind you), but that last part of your sentence is comedy gold. Dodge is laying 50 points to anything else we've ever had here in the screw-up arena... on the field, off the field, you name it, he's done it. Oh well. No worries for long.

We could have done more with all that momentum (that DD created, mind you), but that last part of your sentence is comedy gold. Dodge is laying 50 points to anything else we've ever had here in the screw-up arena... on the field, off the field, you name it, he's done it. Oh well. No worries for long.

Not comedy to me, and I find that Dodge has cleaned up quite a bit for DD. To me Dodge out classed DD in just about every respect.

Not comedy to me, and I find that Dodge has cleaned up quite a bit for DD. To me Dodge out classed DD in just about every respect.

I have to agree 1000000%. Dodge walked into Hurricane Katrina and has just finished cleaning up the mess he inherited. Have there been mistakes along the way? Sure. But when you are cleaning up a mess as big as the Dickey mess, there are going to be mistakes. People seem so confident that he will be gone... I am just as confident that he will be here. We are still getting good crowds to the games, attendance went up this year, and even though we are losing - it is an exciting brand of football to watch. I can remember sitting with my group in the stands when Dickey was here and we would just comment - "if he would just attempt to win the games by throwing the ball down field then it would be (at the very least) fun to watch).. Dodge ball is still exciting to watch and according to the poll - more people think he should stay then go. If RV was going to pull the trigger, he would have done it already. Maybe there will be some sort of shake-up... who knows, maybe Dodge will become the offensive coordinator/head coach and Deloach will be the DC/assistant head coach for next year. I think that Ford will be gone and Dodge will get one more year to turn things around. The chances of him turning it around are slim but we have invested 3 years into this system and it is a gamble to abandon it when there is progress. If we were still getting blown out of every game then maybe it would be a lock but with the exception of 3 games - we have been in every single game well into the 4th quarter. The team just needs to learn how to win.

Dodge walked into Hurricane Katrina and has just finished cleaning up the mess he inherited.

It is insulting to relate a football program to most expense disaster in this country's history.

This is about a sensitive as Nick Sabin comparing Bama's loss to UL-M as 911.

It is insulting to relate a football program to most expense disaster in this country's history.

Oh get a life... It is insulting that you do not come to games or donate to the program yet claim to be a fan. We all know that you have a boner for DD, take a valium and chill out.

I have to agree in total on this one. I lost my House the September before last due to Hurricane Ike, and until you've gone through a loss and devastation (not like Katrina, but close) like this, it puts things in perspective. Granted, I have moved on, and still donated to my Alma Mater's Athletic Department. But after this Football Season, I don't know if I can fully conceive in donating to a program that has as inept a Head Coach as Todd Dodge. I mean, is the Sun Belt that hard of a Conference? Apparently to Dodge it is, and his TWO SBC Wins in almost three Seasons states it all!

Check out this link, pan down to APR information in the article/interview. That doesn't seem quite fair now, does it?

http://ultoday.com/node/923

Arkansas State's APR is 30 points higher than UNT's in football. Basketball is the only sport we've had real issues with and that's because when you hire a coach that can barely speak a coherent sentence odds are slim that he'll notice bad academics, but that's improving under Brady.

Check out this link, pan down to APR information in the article/interview. That doesn't seem quite fair now, does it?

http://ultoday.com/node/923

Would anyone here trade places with Troy, Arkansas State or Louisiana-Monroe?

UNT has 7,000 more students than Troy, 25,000 more than Arkansas State and 29,000 more than Louisiana-Monroe. We also have more than double the endowment of all three schools. I'd be embarrassed for UNT if we needed an exception to the APR to educate our athletes.

I think you're trying too hard to be upset. It was a metaphor, not the end of the world.

Oops. I just compared this to the end of the world. I am sorry.