Time To Consider Going Back To 1aa

meangreenbob

Jesus Christ will return before this school will ever be competitive at this level. Lets dominate 1AA..........if we can?

Yup your right, WKY should follow as well after the thumping by TN.

Get over it we are not able to hang with the #4 team in the nation, we will be fine with most teams, just not ready foir big time football yet, again.

I agree.. I was at albertsons on University dr. and heard a guy named Jay talk about how bad north texas sucked while babbling about the score today and I asked if he was a student and he said yes. This is an example of what the football team is to 90% of our school, its a joke. Fans like those on this board are a rare breed, North Texas might as well be 1AA, its not like it would matter..

I agree.. I was at albertsons on University dr. and heard a guy named Jay talk about how bad north texas sucked while babbling about the score today and I asked if he was a student and he said yes. This is an example of what the football team is to 90% of our school, its a joke. Fans like those on this board are a rare breed, North Texas might as well be 1AA, its not like it would matter..

If the football team was a joke to 90 percent of the school, why did the students vote to increase fees to pay for a new stadium?

Losing a body-bag game to Alabama says *nothing* about the football program. Our win against Ball State and the close loss to Ohio are more indicative of where the program is at today.

If the football team was a joke to 90 percent of the school, why did the students vote to increase fees to pay for a new stadium?

Losing a body-bag game to Alabama says *nothing* about the football program. Our win against Ball State and the close loss to Ohio are more indicative of where the program is at today.

On top of that, we had around 10 thousand of them show up on a rainy night against Ohio. No, things are still SLOWLY moving forward. Nice to see we finally started taking it down field and used our speed to score!

When will UNT stop whoring itself out for these body bag games? I mean 900k for the next Bama game is great and all but at what cost?

Fast-forward to 2011, the new ~30k stadium is finished and UNT no longer needs the money from road body bag games, the only reason UNT plays top 10 teams is part of a home-and-away series that brings them to Denton. I was born and raised in this town and not once outside this board have I heard such optimism about the Mean Green. Although it's very, very refreshing to hear year after year something good about the team. UNT needs to step it up and not whore itself to teams that would rather not play against of the same caliber. The FBS games are a bigger joke. If anything, the mid-majors should just schedule games between themselves and worry about the conference championships.

Jesus Christ will return before this school will ever be competitive at this level. Lets dominate 1AA..........if we can?

[sits down to write letter]

Dear Dad.

Hi there. I just got the urge to send you a letter. I read something today that made me think of you. I remember all those little league games I played in. Some we won; Others, we got our butts handed to us. I also remember the JV game in High School when I took a handoff up the gut off center and got levelled by the middle linebacker I didn't see because he was in zone coverage off to my right (my peripheral vision was never any good, was it?). Remember that he gave me a viscious concussion, and I lost my sight for about 40 seconds? I got up, trying to find the huddle by following voices, and stumbled around, eventually falling down. Man, that must have been embarrassing for you until after the game when you were told how badly I was injured. I spent 2 weeks overcoming the effects, temporary memory loss, disorientation.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks. During those bad times, you never stood in the stands saying crap like "I should put a wig on him and put him in the girls' league so he could dominate them," or "I wish I could trade him in for one of those guys. Then I could be proud!" You showed up for every game and cheered 'cause I was one of yours. When I did well, you said "good job, but you better practice hard for next week" at the dinner table that night. When I did badly, you said "That was a tough game, but you played hard. You better practice hard for next week. If you want to throw the ball around later or go over plays, let me know." I appreciate the way you handled yourself during those tough losses. It taught me a lot that I have applied to my life since then.

Take care Dad.

The start of this topic only makes me think that you actually thought UNT could compete with Alabama who is the #4 team in the nation. This game was a loss before this game was even scheduled. We got money out of this so now we just need to worry about the opponents in our echelon.