---That is my concern too. However the past administration may have created this monster. If someone had gotten me and taken me to some isolated island and kept me for six years (especially if I had done nothing to deserve it) I might come out with a desire for revenge and be a terrorist against an army that was in my country.

---Two ways to spin this one. . Besides it was not Obama that released him ... He was released in 2007 by the "other group".

Hope we haven't jumped the gun a bit early on this deal at Gitmo.

• Upvote 1

One could say that shutting down the GTMO detention center will free many terrorists.

One could even say that if any of those freed terrorists ever kills an American, President Obama's presidency will take a hit.

One could further say that if any of those freed terrorists take part in a 9/11-scale attack, that Obama's presidency will be in shambles.

One could say that shutting down the GTMO detention center will free many terrorists.

One could even say that if any of those freed terrorists ever kills an American, President Obama's presidency will take a hit.

One could further say that if any of those freed terrorists take part in a 9/11-scale attack, that Obama's presidency will be in shambles.

--You are absolutely right..... and one could say that the Bush administration might have created this terrorist by keeping him in prison for years perhaps for doing nothing.

---If we are going to export democracy to the rest of the world then our principles should go with it ... six years is not a speedy trial. How hard was it to discover that he actually had a carpet store in Saudi Arabia?? We may have created this monster.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1

If the guy was released from Gitmo while it was still open, then how can one conclude that closing Gitmo will create more stories like the one you link?

Shhhh...facts will get you nowhere.

Obama was never in the armed forces. I also watched the entire inauguration and didn't see Obama kiss a single baby. Therefore, we can conclude that Obama hates the troops and children. We's doomed I tells ya...doomed.

If someone had gotten me and taken me to some isolated island and kept me for six years (especially if I had done nothing to deserve it) I might come out with a desire for revenge and be a terrorist against an army that was in my country.

these aren't nice, little innocent lads that help old ladies cross the street. Doubt very very seriously any of these guys at Gitmo are there for beating up Girl Scouts and stealing their cookie money. They are there because they are a threat to our national security.

Edited by GreenMachine

these aren't nice, little innocent lads that help old ladies cross the street. Doubt very very seriously any of these guys at Gitmo are there for beating up Girl Scouts and stealing their cookie money. They are there because they are a threat to our national security.

No, some are there for having purported ties to people who are purported terrorists who may or may not have committed heinous acts at a undetermined time.

No, some are there for having purported ties to people who are purported terrorists who may or may not have committed heinous acts at a undetermined time.

and as a cop I'm sure you've detained people with purported ties to people who are purported drug dealers who may or many hot have committed heinous acts at an undertmined time.

---Exactly.... that is also what Saddam did ..... but the difference is he just killed them anyway often just for who they knew. ... Detaining them by us is not a problem, our police and system does it all the time... but it should not take six years to investigate and discover that he likely is not guilty of anything......That is why he was eventually released.... That is the ENTIRE point..... the time taken... not that they were "captured".

---The problem now the remaining ones could be even worse if turned loose.... and no doubt some are very awful people and should be kept. Some may have not been bad guys but after six years of prison.. they want revenge and are terrible now. We (Bush administration) may have created these terrorists... besides their family who are not locked up may now be terrorists because of what has happened to a family member. There is no good answer to these guys now.....

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1

---Exactly.... that is also what Saddam did ..... but the difference is he just killed them anyway often just for who they knew. ... Detaining them by us is not a problem, our police and system does it all the time... but it should not take six years to investigate and discover that he likely is not guilty of anything......That is why he was eventually released.... That is the ENTIRE point..... the time taken... not that they were "captured".

---The problem now the remaining ones could be even worse if turned loose.... and no doubt some are very awful people and should be kept. Some may have not been bad guys but after six years of prison.. they want revenge and are terrible now. We (Bush administration) may have created these terrorists... besides their family who are not locked up may now be terrorists because of what has happened to a family member. There is no good answer to these guys now.....

Maybe he was stuck in a US detention center because his home country did not want him back, besides why go back when he get three square meals a day custom made for his Muslim restrictions, etc...

Sounds like a sweet deal for what many consider to be poor farmers taken in the dead of night by those bastard American Infidels.

and as a cop I'm sure you've detained people with purported ties to people who are purported drug dealers who may or many hot have committed heinous acts at an undertmined time.

Detaining them by us is not a problem, our police and system does it all the time... but it should not take six years to investigate and discover that he likely is not guilty of anything..

Ding ding ding...we have a winner!

I'm against the freeing any and all inmates/prisoners. Once you've locked someone up for whatever reason, freeing them will only lead to a repeat or even worse offense. I'm reminded of Otis the town drunk. If Andy would have just kept his ass behind bars it would have saved everyone so much trouble. As far as I'm concerned this needs to be a one strike and you're out FOREVER planet. It's the only way to keep ourselves 100% safe.

:mellow:

I'm against the freeing any and all inmates/prisoners. Once you've locked someone up for whatever reason, freeing them will only lead to a repeat or even worse offense. I'm reminded of Otis the town drunk. If Andy would have just kept his ass behind bars it would have saved everyone so much trouble. As far as I'm concerned this needs to be a one strike and you're out FOREVER planet. It's the only way to keep ourselves 100% safe.

:mellow:

what about all the guys that have been exonerated due to new DNA evidence in Dallas County lately? If someone should be pissed looking for vengence, its these guys that have been locked up for 15+ years.

what about all the guys that have been exonerated due to new DNA evidence in Dallas County lately? If someone should be pissed looking for vengence, its these guys that have been locked up for 15+ years.

I will second the BINGO by Green P1 and add this. We are in greater danger of being harmed by domestic terrorist than by any foreign threat. Every child that grows up neglected (first by their parents and then by society) will grow up to do you more potential harm than anyone with a middle eastern/Muslim background.

You want to make American safer? Go out and regularly do an act of kindness for a poor child and it's family.

I will second the BINGO by Green P1 and add this. We are in greater danger of being harmed by domestic terrorist than by any foreign threat. Every child that grows up neglected (first by their parents and then by society) will grow up to do you more potential harm than anyone with a middle eastern/Muslim background.

You want to make American safer? Go out and regularly do an act of kindness for a poor child and it's family.

Kumbaya, my Lord... Kumbaya!

Cue patriotic country song...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZrbMyw-x80&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZrbMyw-x80&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>