Even though I love seeing the Boys not in the playoffs , I'm not here to throw it in your face. My Skins also missed the playoffs and we split the season series.

It would be easy to just say all of the above , but i just wanted to see whom the Cowboy fans blame the most. Something has got to be done, I mean it wouldn't bother me if this same team and staff were all kept in place for the 09 season. It would scare me if Bill Cowher were on the sidelines next year instead of Phillips

Edited by NT03

Roy Williams, whata waste of a trade and a 1st and 3rd round draft pick.

Also TO hopefully will shut his mouth for the summer..

So much fun to see Romo choke once again in the big game!!!

I have said since the day Jerry Jones ran off Jimmy Johnson (and I am huge Cowboy fan) that they would never win another Super Bowl (once Jimmy's players were gone) as along as he was the GM. The guy is a great business man, but he is not a football guy, and what you said above proves it. He signs Romo to a $64 million dollar contract when he had done nothing. All he is, is an average QB. Roy Williams has done nothing since the day he got here and definately was not worth a 1st and 3rd round pick.

Wade Phillips.......

Should be shot, or ran out of town or both and then shot again.

Did he know they were playing for a playoff spot, the coaches from Philly seemed to know it.

For that matter did Wade know that last week was the last game ever at Texas Stadium and they were playing for a playoff spot?

How much more unmotivated can a team appear?

After pulling the gun out of my mouth and thinking about the season for a while, I thought it'd be nice to compile a list of Cowboys that played this year.

Excluding rookies this is what I can come up with:

Jason Witten

Marc Colombo

Bradie James

DeMarcus Ware

Jay Ratliff

Miles Austin

Nick Folk (although it'd be nice to see a kickoff land past the 15 yard line at some point)

Thats seriously all I've got. Seven freaking players.

If anyone can add to my list I'd be happy to hear from you.

The Cowboys are neither here nor there for me, so here's my outsider's view on the matter.

The way I see it is that Jerry Jones fits in a class with Al Davis and George Steinbrenner. All three are owners that have the following:

1) Past championships

2) Incredibly well developed brands

3) A stranglehold on respective markets and revenues

4) An ego too big to realize that they should be on the business end of the organization, not the operations end

5) A steadily declining ability to understand the dynamics of team play over throwing money at individuals

When an organization fails, it is only right to start at the top when looking for a reason. Unfortunately, just as things go in the corporate world, and increasingly in our culture in general, Jerry and his personally chosen cadre of yes-men will probably fire the kid who drives the golf cart and fills the Gatorade buckets before they'll take a look at themselves and how things are being run from the top down.

For those of you who are Cowboys and/or Yankees fans, I hope those $40,000 seat licenses, $1,500 per seat per game tickets, and $12 beers are worth it (Raiders excluded from this because they still play in the Oakland Mausoleum)

After pulling the gun out of my mouth and thinking about the season for a while, I thought it'd be nice to compile a list of Cowboys that played this year.

Excluding rookies this is what I can come up with:

Jason Witten

Marc Colombo

Bradie James

DeMarcus Ware

Jay Ratliff

Miles Austin

Nick Folk (although it'd be nice to see a kickoff land past the 15 yard line at some point)

Thats seriously all I've got. Seven freaking players.

If anyone can add to my list I'd be happy to hear from you.

Good list. The only one I could think of to add to it....was injured. That would be punter Matt McBriar.

And btw...IMHO...every bit of time that was wasted trying to get something out of Patrick Crayton...should have been spent on Miles Austin. I know he was hurt and missed a few games, but he has big play capability. And I'm not sure I can say that for many other of our WRs.

Edited by SUMG

Big Bill deserves all the credit for Miami's success.

--I honestly believe that Parcell left Dallas because Jerry signed TO (aka "the Player") and refused to part with him. Parcell had enough class to not air this out publicly.

I haven't liked the Boys sense they fired Landry. Jones is a idiot. The team will never win another Super Bowl while he is the owner, because no decent coach will touch that job thanks to him. When you can't win with the "Tuna" as your coach, it's time to look at the man holding the strings. The sad thing is people should have seen this when Bill left. Instead everyone was ready to say the game had passed him by. How 'bout them Dolphins!

I haven't liked the Boys sense they fired Landry. Jones is a idiot. The team will never win another Super Bowl while he is the owner, because no decent coach will touch that job thanks to him. When you can't win with the "Tuna" as your coach, it's time to look at the man holding the strings. The sad thing is people should have seen this when Bill left. Instead everyone was ready to say the game had passed him by. How 'bout them Dolphins!

Not defending the current regime in anyway, but did you hear them discussing how Bill Parcells taught Todd Haley how to game plan during the Cardinals/Falcons game? Parcells believes that the path to excellence is drilled repetition of about 25 plays a game and would often ask Haley to cut his 50 play plans in half. Since most coaches script their first 10-15 plays, this mean the other team will see most of what they are going to get by the end of the first quarter. If they plan for you correctly and are not outclassed size or talent-wise, they are going to hang with you. Unlike the 1980s and early 1990s, you have to bring wrinkles and throw people off balance. Remember how the freaking Lions figured out the offense and were giving tips to the Seahawks before Parcells last playoff game? Remember how the Panthers completely shut them down? I also think the Ravens and Patriots had their way with Parcells defensively as well.

His executive role is perfect for him because he has an eye for developing and overhauling a roster and deserves probably even more credit for that than he gets (and he gets a lot.) I'd love to have Sparano coaching the Cowboys, but I'd also want an offensive coordinator with a broader view of his job and what he can do. If you gave someone like Josh McDaniels the weapons the Cowboys wasted this year, you'd be amazed by what the offense would be.

Now that I have ranted - yes I don't believe Jerry Jones is as interested in winning as people seem to think. I think he is mainly interested in headlines, buzz moves and signings, and trying to stubbornly prove people wrong to the detriment of the organization.

Got this in my inbox today (going along with the above):

The Texas State Police are cracking down on speeders heading into Dallas. For the first offense, they give you 2 Dallas Cowboy tickets. If you get stopped a second time, they make you use them.

Q. What do you call 47 millionaires around a TV watching the Super Bowl?

A. The Dallas Cowboys

Q. What do the Dallas Cowboys and Dr. Billy Graham have in common?

A. They both can make 70,000 people stand up and yell "Jesus Christ".

Q. How do you keep a Dallas Cowboy out of your yard?

A. Put up a goal post.

Q. What do you call a Dallas Cowboy with a new Super Bowl ring?

A. A thief.

Q. What's the difference between the Dallas Cowboys and a dollar bill?

A. You can still get four quarters out of a dollar bill!

Q. How many Dallas Cowboys does it take to win a Super Bowl?

A. Nobody remembers and we can't seem to find out!

Q. What do the Cowboys and possums have in common?

A. Both play dead at home and get killed on the road!