I Hate This Board

shaft

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides Dibrell, what other players at this position have left? I don't think Coach George is the reason Dibrell left town.

Tina Blog

If I am not mistaken I believe Evan Walker left. I could be wrong though.

I dont think Clayton George is the issue but then again I am on the outside in this whole situation. It is really tough to say why Dibrell left...I don't think we will know for some time.

If I am not mistaken I believe Evan Walker left. I could be wrong though.

I dont think Clayton George is the issue but then again I am on the outside in this whole situation. It is really tough to say why Dibrell left...I don't think we will know for some time.

Walker was suspended due to his issues with Denton County Law Enforcement officers.

Many of us have requested the AD to hire employees/coaches with ties to North Texas. Clayton is a letterman.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Marcus King left and for whatever reason B.J. Lewis was moved to defense and I haven't seen or heard from him since. Of course, Fentriss was supposedly injured and left. If charges against Walker were dismissed then why is he suspended? And, Korey Washington was kicked off of the team. That's six of our top receivers who have left for varying reasons in the past year. That's enough to at least raise some eyebrows.

Marcus King left and for whatever reason B.J. Lewis was moved to defense and I haven't seen or heard from him since. Of course, Fentriss was supposedly injured and left. If charges against Walker were dismissed then why is he suspended? And, Korey Washington was kicked off of the team. That's six of our top receivers who have left for varying reasons in the past year. That's enough to at least raise some eyebrows.

That's 5 players by the way.

Rick

Just look at who is the WR coach and you will find the reason for several players leaving

I'm hearing there is no TRUST of our coaches on the "O" side of the team.

Coaches do not commuicate with players and many future players have no idea where they stand with the Coaching staff.

Is this true KBJ ?

Next year is going to be a really exciting year. One year closer to a real stadium, and a winning/losing record scenario that would work in our favor either way. If Dodge brings another year of sorriness - he's gone(hopefuly)!! Iif he wins 4 or 5 games, we can look forward to a possible resurrection of the program! Woo Hoo!

2009 will be a pivotal year.

Edited by Got5onIt

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but when I read about staff changes and then hear DeLoach's name even mentioned in the same post, I just can't take it. Please, please, please, tell me that DeLoach is not going anywhere anytime soon....

Yes, this quote and reports that state Dodge and Deloach don't look like they get along on the sidelines has me worried. If Deloach were to leave, I think this sends a bad message to potential replacements. Deloach is a well respected defensive coach and if the situation is so bad that he will not return, who would want to follow that.

Tasty, is this what you are hinting?

Deloach and Leftwich are to two coaches with the most "skins on the wall" that we can not afford to lose.

The team you see this weekend will be "without Fitz and a few others " the team in 2009. They will be older but will they get better over spring?

I get to Fouts very early every game to look for recruits who have picked the game for a visit. I have seen a few here and there and some look like skill players that may help North Texas in a few years.

My worries " I have not spotted a " BIG NASTY " yet !!!!!

The MEAN GREEN need some big fellas now!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong we maybe have 15 scholarships to give out next year.

I believe Coach Dodge needs to give a couple of the walk-ons scholarships.

Deheck (LB) (not sure if hes not already) who is getting playing time on special teams and some time at Linebacker. He has earned it.

Baine (WR) I have been told is a terror on the scout team against our first team "D" and has made the transition to WR well from playing QB in high school.

That leaves 13 scholarships for 13 "BIG Nasties" on both sides of the ball.

We have all the skill players we need on this team they just need some help from some BIG BOYS up front.

Our current Big Boys have hearts of lions but we need some help !!

Only problem all the lineman on th JUCO recruits boards are going elsewhere.

The team you see against TROY will be your team in 2009.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Maybe I have some of these wrong and if I do I wish someone would correct me, but I believe that there could be as many as 20 scholarships given in this next recruiting class.

Here is my list:

QB

1. Dodge

2. Tune

3. Vizza

RB

4. Dunbar

5. Mathis

6. Montgomery

7. Mosley

WR

8. Barrett

9. Brigham

10. B. Johnson

11. Lott

12. Roberson

13. Rucker

14. Taylor

OL

15. Bailey

16. Drake

17. Feeley

18. Gill

19. Glass

20. Hollivay

21. Jenkins

22. J. Johnson

23. Kaiser

24. Menard

25. Santiago

26. Tomlinson

DL

27. Brown

28. Cantly

29. Cole

30. DeSoto

31. Franklin

32. Gilmore

33. Hawthorne

34. Krider

35. Owusu-Hemeng

36. Ross

37. Russo

38. Scoggins

39. Stewart

40. Sykes

LB

41. Akpunku

42. Nwigwe

43. Penson

44. Phillips

45. Robertson

46. Seidle

47. Warren

DB

48. Adams

49. Agbottah

50. Bush

51. Cook

52. Gordon

53. Hamilton

54. K. Hill

55. R. Hill

56. Neal

57. Shorter

58. Williams

ST

59. Knott

60. Davidson?

There are three that could still be on the squad but they haven't been seen lately...Davis (LB), Hager (LB) and Lewis (DB?). I also don't know whether the long snapper, Davidson, is playing with or without a scholarship.

Since we only have 80 scholarships this year (5 taken by NCAA) that would give us 20 or 21 depending on Davidson's status. One goes to grayshirt Nick Leppo and he may hold one for a punter.

There are also a number of walkons that may very well get a scholarship at the end of this season. Among those are (most likely) Deheck and Jackson, as well as Baine and Fortenberry.

There are usually one or two who do not return each year so the number of scholarships that we'll have to give could vary between 13 and 23.

Since we only have 80 scholarships this year (5 taken by NCAA) that would give us 20 or 21 depending on Davidson's status. One goes to grayshirt Nick Leppo and he may hold one for a punter.

There are usually one or two who do not return each year so the number of scholarships that we'll have to give could vary between 13 and 23.

We can only have 20 new ships max or a total of 80

Glass will not be back next year

With eyebrows raised, it is amazing that the wr position is in such disarray. It appeared that the wr position was TD's greatest success in recruiting, however it has turned out to be far from expectations. Despite the large quantity and supposed quality of wr recruits, there is only one thus far marginally contributing, Roberson. The primary contributors are two holdovers from DD and several walk ons.

With eyebrows raised, it is amazing that the wr position is in such disarray. It appeared that the wr position was TD's greatest success in recruiting, however it has turned out to be far from expectations. Despite the large quantity and supposed quality of wr recruits, there is only one thus far marginally contributing, Roberson. The primary contributors are two holdovers from DD and several walk ons.

It may not have been TD's fault they are gone. <_<:ph34r::nuke:

Edited by NT80