Vito's Non-apology

UNTflyer

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/archives...e.html#comments

OK, fine. The Denton Record-Chronicle is on record...

"We'll poke fun at UNT because... well, they deserve it."

And I love how Vito points out TWICE that UNT is 2-12 under Todd Dodge. Not once, but TWICE he mentions that we are 2-12 under Todd Dodge.

EDIT: OK, it's been edited, but earlier he mentioned it twice.

Edited by UNTflyer

And I love how Vito points out TWICE that UNT is 2-12 under Todd Dodge. Not once, but TWICE he mentions that we are 2-12 under Todd Dodge.

What is Dodge's record? It's 2-12. Do I as a long-time supporter of the Mean Green like the fact that he's 2-12? No.

Am I going to throw my self on the floor and throw a temper tantrum and work to have a reporter, who happens to have a degree from NT, fired because calls the football team Southlake North in a blog? Hell No.

The team has a distinctive Southlake Carroll feel to it, does it not? I recommend that Lazer and all others who are calling for a ban of the DRC to take a laxative and let the pressure off.

While everyone is just poking fun and whatnot, has anyone seen Brett Vito? I'm glad I don't look like that guy! And I think that this Jeff Andrews character is just making those comments because he wishes he could take the step up to the SLC HS newspaper!

Thanks for reminding me to not lose my sense of humor, Brett!

EDIT: OK, it's been edited, but earlier he mentioned it twice.

You sound like a liberal to me......maybe even with the media itself....wanting an apology for this....really!

What is Dodge's record? It's 2-12. Do I as a long-time supporter of the Mean Green like the fact that he's 2-12? No.

Am I going to throw my self on the floor and throw a temper tantrum and work to have a reporter, who happens to have a degree from NT, fired because calls the football team Southlake North in a blog? Hell No.

The team has a distinctive Southlake Carroll feel to it, does it not? I recommend that Lazer and all others who are calling for a ban of the DRC to take a laxative and let the pressure off.

I want to officially say that I was in a really bad mood last night after the game. I do not want the Jeff Andrews to be fired nor will I stop reading the DRC. However, I still feel that the writers choice of words was unprofessional and as a result i do not respect the DRC like I used to. I think that Vito's attempt at an apology is ridiculous and a formal apology should be given. Additionally, I still think that the DRC should advertise gmg.com for free or pay Harry and Evan for an advertisement if they are going to post their stories.

WHY SHOULD HE APOLOGIZE? Should the reporters at the Fort Worth Star Telegram apologize for all the jokes they make about how crappy the rangers are? Should Galloway apologize for his comments on the Mavericks and their choking tendency? NO... Why do you people have such thin skin when it comes to this school? We are a joke right now! Things are turning around, but as of this minute we are 2-12 under the Dodge Regime, We do look exactly like Southlake Carroll (and I will go back and find post from users here bitching about that a year and a half ago!), and we have recruited the hell outta of Texas 5A football (FINALLY). I have tons of pride in my university and I am at every game I can be at, and will be for as long as I can. If you guys are going after apologies from every person who has mocked, poked fun at, or anything negative towards OUR school... Have fun, I have better things to do with my time... Flame on!

WHY SHOULD HE APOLOGIZE? Should the reporters at the Fort Worth Star Telegram apologize for all the jokes they make about how crappy the rangers are? Should Galloway apologize for his comments on the Mavericks and their choking tendency? NO... Why do you people have such thin skin when it comes to this school? We are a joke right now! Things are turning around, but as of this minute we are 2-12 under the Dodge Regime, We do look exactly like Southlake Carroll (and I will go back and find post from users here bitching about that a year and a half ago!), and we have recruited the hell outta of Texas 5A football (FINALLY). I have tons of pride in my university and I am at every game I can be at, and will be for as long as I can. If you guys are going after apologies from every person who has mocked, poked fun at, or anything negative towards OUR school... Have fun, I have better things to do with my time... Flame on!

I'm not calling for an apology, but when he's joking about something that easy for 2 years now, I think it's time he stepped up his game and used his brain a little more. We are talking about students barely 4 months out of HS. We know where Dodge came from. We know what we look like. In this day of "shock journalism", and "any publicity is good publicity" we sure do have a lot of ass clowns running around with press credentials, keyboards, and no lack of cameras to make them authorities. And don't try to defend that statement to me. Jeff Andrews is no better than Kige Ramsey. What are we going to do when good, intelligent, respectable reporters die? Well, then we run into the idiocracy scenario, and millions of Kiges.

And I wasn't calling for an apology either... my thread title was more of a response to other posts asking for an apology

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=370441

But, not only is Vito not apologizing, he's telling us we need to "get a sense of humor" because (yuk!yuk!) comparing a Div I-A program that is suffering it's worst stretch in decades to a local high school is just a knee slapper! We should all appreciate the comedy genius over at the DRC.

There are ways to be critical without being disrespectful and unprofessional. If Bret Vito if wondering why the Star-Telegram is getting better access to the Athletics Department and Coach Dodge, he only needs to read his own work. Troy Philips is critical, but respectful. As a result, he gets better stories and interviews while Vito is having to track down Dr B on Saturday morning for a quote or two on the stadium.

And I wasn't calling for an apology either... my thread title was more of a response to other posts asking for an apology

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=370441

But, not only is Vito not apologizing, he's telling us we need to "get a sense of humor" because (yuk!yuk!) comparing a Div I-A program that is suffering it's worst stretch in decades to a local high school is just a knee slapper! We should all appreciate the comedy genius over at the DRC.

There are ways to be critical without being disrespectful and unprofessional. If Bret Vito if wondering why the Star-Telegram is getting better access to the Athletics Department and Coach Dodge, he only needs to read his own work. Troy Philips is critical, but respectful. As a result, he gets better stories and interviews while Vito is having to track down Dr B on Saturday morning for a quote or two on the stadium.

zing! Reporters should report and leave the joke-rehearsal for their off days.

Well said. ;)

A reporter doesn't have to sit at his desk with pom-poms and a foam #1 finger. He can call it like he sees it. The team is not very good right now. The defense is painful to watch. The Todd Dodge era has gotten off to a very slow start. Some of the players out there look lost and they don't know how to tackle. Question pulling Riley's red-shirt. Fine.

There's nothing wrong with that because it's all true.

But to be a brat and call them a highschool team ("he-he-he") "Look at them, they're trying to be Southlake." "He-he-he"

#1 isn't funny, #2 is pointless. What's the point to call them "Southlake North?" They're struggling so let's throw some insult their way?

It doesn't make any sense to try to embarass a program when they're down.

Edited by TheColonyEagle

Frankly UNT Football sucks total balls right now. Whatever criticism or being made fun of is going on...its certainly well worth it and well deserved.

Criticism, sure. Vito and his pals can be critical all they want. But if they continue act unprofessionally, poking their fingers into the eyes of fans, they'll find all the good stories going to the Star-Telegram. Eventually, the editors will get the picture.

Everyone take a "chill pill". Newspapers, all over the country, are losing readership to blogs, on-line reports, etc., etc. Maybe the DRC is just trying to "hang on", make a little noise and get some "vibe" going. Like has been said before...all news is good news! OK, I don't care for the "jabs" either, but when you are trying to re-load and re-build some of this type of thing comes with the program. What do you think was said in College Station last week and perhaps in Arkansas this week? Let it go and enjoy the games. I had a great time at the game Saturday and at the Tailgate area before the game. All was great...except, of course, the final score. Better final scores will come.