The Radisson...

UNTLifer

OK, if you insist, I will address the stadium issue. My source, who I consider very credible, says based on other sources he believes to be credible that NT has recently procured the big money commitment for the stadium. He said "I don't know how they did it but they did it". He gives all the credit to Bataille. In fact he can give me a list of accomplishments of Bataille on the academic side that are as impressive as the athletic info he shared. The way he talks about her it seems that she exceeds the best assets of each of our last 3 presidents (I don't count Vandiver, may he RIP, in that list since he wasn't here very long and we got lucky and A$M took him off our hands).

(1) She is a better cheerleader for NT than Pohl.

(2) She is smarter than Hurley.

(3) She has more connections than "Jitter" Nolan.

Remember that of course this info is hearsay based on hearsay so it is triple hearsay to you.

But then... :ph34r:

OK, if you insist, I will address the stadium issue. My source, who I consider very credible, says based on other sources he believes to be credible that NT has recently procured the big money commitment for the stadium. He said "I don't know how they did it but they did it". He gives all the credit to Bataille. In fact he can give me a list of accomplishments of Bataille on the academic side that are as impressive as the athletic info he shared. The way he talks about her it seems that she exceeds the best assets of each of our last 3 presidents (I don't count Vandiver, may he RIP, in that list since he wasn't here very long and we got lucky and A$M took him off our hands).

I don't doubt any of that, honestly. She's solid. Thanks for the info

Remember that of course this info is hearsay based on hearsay so it is triple hearsay to you.

But then... :ph34r:

...but can she out-party Jitter?

I worked for the University one year on a crew that basically moved furniture and set up tables and chairs for special events. One of the events that we help set-up was at the President's house. When we went into the garage to get some "supplies" I was stunned at all the cases of wine, beer and liquor that were in there. That guy really knew how to........raise funds. :rolleyes:

C.C. "Jitter" Nolan...now there's a name from the past. Perhaps the only president in our history without an earned doctorate.

North Texas used to provide a lovely mansion for its president's residence. "Jitter" promptly moved out and turned it over to the school. Does anyone remember when it was torn down?

C.C. "Jitter" Nolan...now there's a name from the past. Perhaps the only president in our history without an earned doctorate.

North Texas used to provide a lovely mansion for its president's residence. "Jitter" promptly moved out and turned it over to the school. Does anyone remember when it was torn down?

It was torn down to make way for the Gateway

Ccenter to be built.

• 4 months later...

Either 2000 or 2001, I believe.

Too bad they can't keep the Rad standing for SMHM as mentioned above. U of H has a hotel run by their HM Dept. This would be such an easy way to keep up with one of the only Texas schools larger than us.

...but can she out-party Jitter?

I worked for the University one year on a crew that basically moved furniture and set up tables and chairs for special events. One of the events that we help set-up was at the President's house. When we went into the garage to get some "supplies" I was stunned at all the cases of wine, beer and liquor that were in there. That guy really knew how to........raise funds. :rolleyes:

Silver, we should share "Jitter" stories sometime! I have some doozys!

Drex suggested that I could find out about a demolition permit for the Radison. So I did.

There has been no permit requested for the Radison, but the very nice lady that answered the call told me that if the property was owned by the University, that no permit was needed. "State trumps city," she said.

So I'll look somewhere else.

Owl...The other white meat

GO MEAN GREEN