UNT_92_Fan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 97and03

1) JayDub wasn't banned

2) JayDub is a drama queen

Cerebus just launched a personal attack. Ban yourself. Facist.

Oh and how is this football related?

I have grown so fond of saying that.

Edited by 97and03

Jaydub we will miss ya, you are right it has been a bit tense on the board these days. Keep in touch.

You got that right, it has been tense these days....wonder why he got banned. It's too bad too, he had good posts, and you never like to see a fan like him leave.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

Also, I want to make sure that if anyone has any complaints about the way things Admin's/Mod's handle things around here, we are willing to listen. Send me a PM. Unless of course you have a complaint against me, in that case you can PM Harry :)

But seriously, if you have any complaints, even about the way I handle things, feel free to contact me.

Cerebus aka "Tell Me How That Made You Feel Eagle"

In the past couple days, we've had a bunch of moved topics, a tempa-ban, several deleted threads, and we're just a couple days away from spring football?

If you think people are wandering around looking like a druggie that hasn't gotten their fix right now, wait until after spring football is over. It's gonna get ugly before it gets better.

1xzxDRA93Nk

I'm not sure of the exact details on the situation but my first thoughts are this is very unfortunate. Isn't this a fan message board? Why is there such a tight grip here to help appease the Athletic Department? Does UNT pay to help keep this site up? Just curious.......

Alright, here goes.

First, Justin is a friend of mind, and as such, usually gets away with internet murder around here. However, he has a real "anti man crush" on one of the mods, I chalk it up to a personality conflict. JayDub has consistently received warnings, reprieves from bans, shortened sentences, etc for a long long time now. He knows we don't like him to keep calling this mod a nazi, douchebag, A$$ Hole, etc etc but he just persists. So finally, I put him on too weeks moderation. Moderation is where every post a person makes has to be seen and approved by an admin before it can be seen by non admins. It's a vetting process. JayDub first response is to PM this mod again and call him names, and then post a personal attack on him. So really, lets not get all teary eyed over this. I've give him a lot of rope, he's decided to use it to hang himself. He can actually post right now and it will be approved if its not, you know, an attack on someone. After two weeks he goes back to unrestricted posting.

For the record, other people have had to go through moderation status, including JayDub, and so far it hasn't killed anyone.

Second, this is not yuck monkey d ick joke joke central. Sorry. It never has been. Harry and I and the other admins don't put time money and effort for this place to turn into BaylorFans. This is supposed to be a place any fan can be proud of, that will shed a positive light onto NT athletics. We are going trying to keep it classy and dignified on this board. Anyone who knows me knows that my sense of humor and I are neither of those, so if I can play by the rules, I expect almost anyone can.

Third, we try and stay on the good side of the AD because we like to bring people stories and pictures from the games and athletes, and the best way for us to do that is to get media credentials from this school and others. Does that mean we censor our selves and become total boot lickers? Of course not. This place was Fire Dickey Central, and before that it was the Vic Trilli Should Be Fired HQ and before that it was the Tar and Feather Craig Helwig Posse. There is plenty of criticism of current coaches and administrators going on right now. But WE DO expect it to be dignified adult conversation that doesn't devolve into name calling and personal attacks. There are also certain verboten subjects like sexualising our student athletes.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Guest 97and03

I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Did you know Hitler or Mussolini personally or just admire their style from afar?

What do boots taste like?

What is the square root of Pi?

Just couldn't resist.

Did you know Hitler or Mussolini personally or just admire their style from afar?

Rank amateurs. I Always modeled myself on Sulla. The proscriptions will begin shortly.

What do boots taste like?

Depends on the brand. Nothing beats the taste of a Danner.

What is the square root of Pi?

Pi is irrational, but a close enough approximation for government work is 1.77245

...wish I read this before I made a comment on his blog.

...So he was stunned, not banned? ...I take back my comment about Banning being Gay then since you didn't ban him.

...I understand why people are up-in-arms about certain people who shall remain nameless, and how that is hard to balance with the need to stay friendly with the AD, but when one person has such a focus on his/her back for negativity, the AD should be made aware of the feelings of those who by and large support the program, IMHO.

If it helps, when I registered I figured I'd be banned within a month. FFR even called me a troll.

I guess I'm the good kind of troll that doesn't charge tolls or eat babies.