Undergraduate Enrollment

MCMLXXX

According to that, we're actually exactly #10 period, including the conglomerated (?) Puerto Rican schools. What are they counting? Full-time undergrad? Seems unlikely since about a quarter of our students are grad students.

We can't; as crazy as it sounds, by law, only UT gets to have "The" in their name in Texas (for public schools anyway).

Officially, yes that is the case. Doesn't mean alumni can't though. I say I am from The University of North Texas all the time.

ut with only 33,063 undergrads?

Those are the numbers supplied to the NCAA by UT on 8/31/07. I think that the total enrollment (not just undergrads) includes the Law School, Pharmacy School, any other professional schools, and the Graduate students located on the main campus.

Look at the numbers for Houston's main campus. Bottom line is that if these numbers provided by the schools is correct (why would it not be?) then we are number 3 in undergrad enrollment behind A&M and UT.

UNT has the 3rd largest undergrad enrollment in the state and the 3rd largest Grad enrollment in the state. However, when Uof H adds in their professional schools (ie. law, optometery & RX) they presently exceed our total enrollment.

On a side note, UNT presently rolls it's UNT Dallas figures into our totals while UH does not count the UH-Downtown or UH-Clear Lake enroillments.

Having a high enrollment is great and all but its really useless if much of them dont really care for the university, school pride, and the athletics <_<

Not if you beat off to enjoy the Dept of Education enrollment report like I do.

The numbers reported for NT are obviously in error. It appears to be the total Denton campus enrollment. Below is NT, Denton Campus enrollment for the Spring.

Classification
2007 Spring Enrollment

Freshmen

Sophomore
Junior
Senior
Post-Bach
Masters
Doctoral
Total
Edited by GrandGreen

The numbers reported for NT are obviously in error. It appears to be the total Denton campus enrollment. Below is NT, Denton Campus enrollment for the Spring.

Classification
2007 Spring Enrollment

Freshmen

Sophomore
Junior
Senior
Post-Bach
Masters
Doctoral
Total

If you subtract the graduate students from the total you provide we still are number 3 in Texas in undergraduate enrollment (24852).

Having a high enrollment is great and all but its really useless if much of them dont really care for the university, school pride, and the athletics <_<

I am always in amazement when students knock or ignore their own school. To me that's like saying look at the loser I am for the choice I made. Meanwhile the admins crow about enrollment but molly coddle these ingrates by knee jerking to their every whim about tuition , fees etc. If we want to BE a large enrollment university begin by projecting a BIG university image. # 1 stick a $50. per student per semester athletics fee increase on the tab and don't take a vote, just pay it or go find some place cheaper where you can get the same quality of education. They won't find it . Even if they do what is lost but another parasite commuter who takes but never gives back. We have been left behind by the rest of the SBC not to mention light years behind other non-BCS schools because of this entitlement attitude of our students. Whine all you want, but unless we succeed in athletics, the state of Texas doesn't give a rat's A-- about Music, Teachers, or any of the liberal BS that the "White Squirrels" find so important. Alumni will invest in stadium bonds but student fees, event revenue, and big game guarantees must eventually retire those bonds. It's a joint effort of students and alums. It's just time for the admins to get the gonads to make this happen. Once it does pride and respect will replace apathy.