I have my "Charlie Burger's"- combination of ground chuck mixed with

ground vinison, mixed with only 2 secret ingredients, hand formed BIG

patties cooked just right! Tip--never ever "mash" your burger patties

while cooking and only turn the patty over one time--takes a little

practice on the cooking time for each side, but, makes a huge difference

in the quality of the burger!

Guest JohnDenver

My group does this meal every year.

Smoked Pulled Pork w/ special sauce -- requires manning the smoker in the parking lot all night (or very early morning)

Mashed Plantains

JD's Colorado baked beans

.. various sentries ..

Another one that I love is our fried chicken with salads and mac n' cheese.

Fried turkey is a big hit. I find it boring though.

This year our tailgating friend (meangreenbean) has an awesome catfish batter that we will fry up.

My group does this meal every year.

Smoked Pulled Pork w/ special sauce -- requires manning the smoker in the parking lot all night (or very early morning)

Mashed Plantains

JD's Colorado baked beans

.. various sentries ..

Another one that I love is our fried chicken with salads and mac n' cheese.

Fried turkey is a big hit. I find it boring though.

This year our tailgating friend (meangreenbean) has an awesome catfish batter that we will fry up.

Mmmmmmmm, I always try to set-up right by my old friend Chad.:thumbsup:

I try to mix it up every game.

Here are the staples.

BF Fajitas

Hot Links topped w sauteed onions/japs. Parmesan, Mustard & Cholula...whammy

Chili that will blow your mind (I am planning on making my return to the cookoff after a 15 year layoff)

I have been working on a tailgate friendly recepe for Shrimp Tacos that I plan on busting out this season.

The best thing Ive come up with yet is Shrimp wrappd in Beacon, then grilled and basted with a combination of BBQ sauce and Beer

Curious - does it glow or just flash? :rolleyes: I do a similar grill but add some jalapeno with the shrimp, then wrapped with bacon. Baste it with italian dressing (which the shrimp have been marinated in).

Shof

pretty much the same as all college football tailgaters across the nation:

Cranberry Chutney and Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin

I'm just an ordinary, boring tailgater :lol:

GM,

You don't tailgate, you boulevard!

I usually grill up whatever road kill I can find on my drive over to the stadium. Add to that the leftover chips, crackers, pretzels, whatever the kids leave on the floor or under the seats, and you are looking at some fine tasting pre-game vittles!

So, how many of you shall I expect at the 'ol smoker???

Curious - does it glow or just flash? :rolleyes: I do a similar grill but add some jalapeno with the shrimp, then wrapped with bacon. Baste it with italian dressing (which the shrimp have been marinated in).

Shof

Shof, correct me if I am wrong, but aren't you a ULL fan? If so, the folks from Lafayette know a thing or two about grilling seafood and swamp critters. Better try the above!

Baby back pork ribs.

After trimming, marinate overnight (at least 12 hours) in a combination of Stubb's Pork Marinade & Jack Daniels. (The whiskey helps break down the meat.)

On day of, I take the ribs out of the marinade, allow them to drip dry a bit, then rub them with salt & pepper to taste.

While on the grill, I mop them every 20-30 minutes with Woody's Cook-in Sauce. (I use Woody's because it is low in sugar, which has a tendency to burn if left on the meat too long.)

When the meat is very close to being done (less than 20 minutes or so left), I mop them one last time with the BBQ sauce of choice (no need to worry about sugar at this point as they won't be on the pit for much longer). Personally, I like to put one last layer of Woody's Cook-in Sauce on there and then add just a sprinkle of brown and white sugar. (Not too much...the meat should just have a very faint taste of sweet and absolutely should NOT taste like a candy bar.) However, I sometime improvise with other sauces, especially if someone prefers one.

Cooking time is about 4 hours, give or take. Much better to cook slow than cook fast. Cooking too quick will make the meat tough...even with all the marinating.

Prep takes about 13 hours, with 12 of it being the time the meat needs to marinate. Takes about 30 minutes pre-marinating for 4-5 racks.