Meatloaf

edcollopy

I'm not going to get into this too much, but how can you say that. Unless you count relevant as having your song in the background of a Dr. Pepper commercial. Don Henley is way more relevant than Meatloaf. If Meatloaf's went by the name Gary Smith then hardly anyone would remember him at all.

COME ON ...BAT OUT OF HELL 1 AND 2 SOLD 75 MILLION COPIES WORLDWIDE...INCREDIBLE AS A SINGLE ARTIST..AND DON'T BRING UP THE EAGLES...DON HENLEY AS A SOLO ARTIST SUCKED! BAT OUT OF HELL STADIUM....EVERYTHING'S LOUDER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE!

That's because all the pot heads kept losing their albums and had to buy it again. :)

Edited by Green Crazy

COME ON ...BAT OUT OF HELL 1 AND 2 SOLD 75 MILLION COPIES WORLDWIDE...INCREDIBLE AS A SINGLE ARTIST..AND DON'T BRING UP THE EAGLES...DON HENLEY AS A SOLO ARTIST SUCKED! BAT OUT OF HELL STADIUM....EVERYTHING'S LOUDER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE!

Album sales hardly make you relevant just ask Milli Vanilli. Aside from making the same record twice Meatloaf hasn't been doing much other than sitting around eating cheeseburgers. Henley on the other hand has been saving Walden Woods, Caddo Lake etc. That seems relevant to me.

Album sales hardly make you relevant just ask Milli Vanilli. Aside from making the same record twice Meatloaf hasn't been doing much other than sitting around eating cheeseburgers. Henley on the other hand has been saving Walden Woods, Caddo Lake etc. That seems relevant to me.

Don Henley v. Meatloaf -- I like Meatloaf. But Henley is in a different category altogether. Think "Hotel California" and "Desperado" just for starters. But he's just an entertainer. I couldn't care less what he does outside his music.

Meatloaf has supposedly been more relevant than Don Henley in the past 20 years, yet you have to refer to an album released 30 years ago? That wasn't too long after the Eagles released Hotel California, and The Long Run came out after that. Not to mention the numerous hits that Don Henley had through the 80's, i.e. coming within a range of 20 years. Nothing major against Meatloaf, but there is really no comparison.

Hey, Meatloaf was featured in the Rocky Horor Picture Show. What has Henley been in? JK, Henley had influenced pop music to a pretty high degree as Meat has not. Unless they are giving us money they are just notalbe names.

And Barksdale, I get a strong feeling that you like the Dixie Chicks.

Go Mean Green!!!!!

Meatloaf is awful.

If I only had four alumni to list I would go with

Norah

Thomas Haden Church

Larry McMurtry

Joe Green

if I was given a fifth choice I would go with either Dr Phil, Bill Moyers or Quoner.

It was pretty funny how hard they had to look for the two Ark St alum they listed.

And Barksdale, I get a strong feeling that you like the Dixie Chicks.

You think? :lol: I've actually never heard them, since I don't listen to CW.

My point is, entertainers are just that - entertainers. Never understood why people invest singers or actors with such political importance. :huh:

And to the person who scolded me for leaving out Henley's body of work from the 80s and 90s, I agree. There was some good stuff there. And you'll notice in my previous post, I referred to Hotel California and Desperado only "for starters."

Meatloaf is awful.

If I only had four alumni to list I would go with

Norah

Thomas Haden Church

Larry McMurtry

Joe Green

if I was given a fifth choice I would go with either Dr Phil, Bill Moyers or Quoner.

It was pretty funny how hard they had to look for the two Ark St alum they listed.

Wow, what an FU you to the Robocop guy and Roy Orbison.

Quoner Field House (and gentlemen's spa) has a nice ring to it though. I can imagine the statue outside now...

Sigh.

Meatloaf has supposedly been more relevant than Don Henley in the past 20 years, yet you have to refer to an album released 30 years ago? That wasn't too long after the Eagles released Hotel California, and The Long Run came out after that. Not to mention the numerous hits that Don Henley had through the 80's, i.e. coming within a range of 20 years. Nothing major against Meatloaf, but there is really no comparison.

I did like how ESPN compared notable alumni from UNT vs. those from Arkansas State.

UNT: Mean Joe, Dr. Phil, Norah Jones, Meatloaf, Don Henly, Roy Orbison (couple others)

ASU: Mike Bebee and Al joyner

---Their list was short and looked pretty desperate......... We could come up a bunch of other names not listed that would be very worthy of the list... Pat Boone, Larry McMurtry, Peter Weller (Robocop), Shirley Cochran, Joe Don Baker, Ann Sheridan (well-known actress from the 30's-40's, from Denton and played basketball for NTSTC ) and a lot more including some Von Eriks.

News Flash: Rice and Tulsa won their first round of CUSA over UTEP and East Carolina........ We have wins over both Rice and Tulsa.

aawwwwwh: Smu lost to So. Miss. ....poor thangs.