Cobbs not going back to Steelers

cjones

Steelers | Cobbs refuses to sign with team's practice squad

Mon, 11 Sep 2006 22:39:41 -0700

Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports free agent RB Patrick Cobbs (Steelers) refused to sign with the Pittsburgh Steelers' practice squad after clearing waivers. Cobbs is expected to sign with another team's practice squad.

Guest JohnDenver

I respect his decision to not sign with them. He has an agent, so I am sure the agent has been contacted by at least one other team to allow Cobbs to do this. It felt like I had been sucker-punched when they cut Cobbs -- I can't imagine how he felt.

If Cobbs had stuck with the Steelers I would have rooted for him. But it kind of makes me feel good that Cobbs made the Steelers give the Patriots a draft pick, and they get nothing for it because they messed up the situation. I guess that still goes back to all the Steelers in the HOF that don't deserve to be there while the Cowboys have many that aren't in that deserve to be in the HOF.

Anyways, I really hope that Cobbs' agent knows what he is doing and Cobbs ends up in a good situation in the league.

Steelers' Week One impressions Pretty Negative, don't read if you don't need to be pi$$ed off.

On Sept. 1 when the Steelers acquired Patrick Cobbs - who was cut when Davenport was signed - Cowher said, "We will go with four running backs ... you have to be able to use these guys ... so they aren't going to be (tapped) out by November or December. That was a big key for us (last year) ... particularly if you're a team that runs the football."

In the few days Cobbs practiced with the Steelers, he didn't look like a back who belonged in the NFL.

The Story

Screw those guys, Patrick proved already that he belongs in the NFL he had a great preseason. I hope he ends up in a place that gives Patrick some opportunities to carry the ball.

Edited by KingDL1

This one is better!

One thing missing from today's papers. There was no word on Patrick Cobbs clearing waivers and being re-signed to the practice squad. In this case no news probably means he did clear waivers. Expect the papers to have something on this in the next day or two.

Dookie Meet Ducey