Florida Atlantic (3/15/24)

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Have to ball deny Davis. Face guard any time it's appropriate. Force anyone else to beat us. Anyone. 

I've thought about this.  That we do such a great job containing Goldin, but Davis goes off.

Maybe we need to reverse this approach?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Unfortunately I doubt he's active tomorrow.

Is this just pessimism or do you know something we don't?

I've thought about it being just stress, which would be good news, or appendicitis, which would be awful for everyone.  Recovery from surgery would extend beyond the tournament.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I've thought about it being just stress, which would be good news, or appendicitis, which would be awful for everyone.  Recovery from surgery would extend beyond the tournament.

I saw Rubin's mom after the game. Don't know for sure yet as Aaron's dad left with him. From our conversation I do not think we will see him tomorrow.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 3
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Going to the hospital isn’t a good sign. Hopefully it is just gas. I don’t think it is stress. Young man has played too many big games to let a game against Tulane stress him out. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

6 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I think Goldin is big, skilled, and soft. Making Goldin beat us seems like a good approach. 

Or, if Scott is out, we have Walker on Davis as much as possible and do the normal on Goldin?

we have lost 4 straight games to them. 3 by 4pts and 1 by 3pts.  We have got to get over the hump.  And I really hope it’s while Day is still their coach because it is unlikely they will reach this level again, at least immediately.  

you know most of their team is going to transfer once he leaves.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Aaron’s health is way more important than a basketball game. I hope it is nothing serious, but nothing serious doesn’t usually end up in the hospital.  He looked miserable. Whatever it is, it came on fast as he was waiting to enter the game. 

He looked awful on the sideline. I was yelling at the tv to get him out of there.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If it was his appendix, then you are looking at 3-4 weeks. His season would be done more than likely. 

Need to remember our Roots tonight. Low turnovers, rebounding and make free throws. Keep driving to the rim and make the refs call the game. 

Edited by UNT Family Man
  • Upvote 3

16 hours ago, greenminer said:

My mind immediately went to appendicitis when I saw the amount of pain he was in. Basketball availability aside, hope he was able to get the treatment he needed. 

• Upvote 1

His father posted "God is Good" on X/Twitter so it sounds like maybe he's good to go.

image.png.85079b95639f5348cdb4fdb04dcaaf75.png

We should have an assistant assigned to this and in their ear before and during the game.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, wardly said:

I am disappointed that our Athletic Department has not issued a statement on Scott's health.

They never issue statements on a player's health.

• Upvote 1