Florida Atlantic (3/15/24)

10 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Would have been nice to keep our guys out of foul trouble. We don’t need him to do anything other than play decent defense and eat up 3-4 minutes of the game clock so our guys don’t pick up 2 fouls…. Much less 3… but it’s too late now my phone is delayed since we are in San Diego apparently lol. 

Problem is that two of the fouls on Scott were phantom and a result of FAU bs. Boyd should have been called for a flop there. 

• Upvote 1

I actually texted this to several people at halftime, and I’ll be damned if it isnt coming to pass.

”In the second half you’ll see the same thing you saw in Denton a few weeks ago…FAU will get sent to the line repeatedly for the first 12 minutes to open up a lead, and then meaningless (non-shooting) calls will go our way late to make it look more even.”

• Upvote 3

My goodness. Not a foul on Jones. Complete bullshit. DVIs pushes off with his free arm and Rubin just sticks with him and gets called. Horrible. 

Davis is one hell of a player. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

It’s almost like the way the games were reffed this year has conditioned the aggressiveness out of our defense.  But the refs are letting them play. Should be to our benefit. FAU is taking advantage. We are not so far. 

Safe to say this hasn’t aged well…

CJ is going to have to keep being “Tournament CJ” and Buggs and Walker are going to have to step up. Would also love to see NIT Sissoko show up. Keep fighting boys. You got this. 

• Upvote 1