Should we storm the court if we defeat SMUt tonight?

Should we storm the court if we defeat SMUt tonight?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should we storm the court if we defeat SMUt tonight?

• Yes
    • No

I don't care how much we hate SMU (it's a lot), but storming the court will be a terrible look. SMU already thinks they're our "Super Bowl," so this wouldn't help our case. Memphis comes into town in February. Assuming they're still ranked at the time, we storm the court if we beat them

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

39 minutes ago, GoGreenBeans said:

I don't care how much we hate SMU (it's a lot), but storming the court will be a terrible look. SMU already thinks they're our "Super Bowl," so this wouldn't help our case. Memphis comes into town in February. Assuming they're still ranked at the time, we storm the court if we beat them

Yep!   And let's do that with all of the students we pick up as "die-hards" tonight (whether they rush the court or not).  Fingers-crossed!

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

It shouldn't be.   
Us, along with TCU & UTA should have a round-robin each year to crown the metroplex champs.  Rotate home/away between teams each year.  If tied, point diff crowns the champs.   It just makes too much sense, and since there are so many non-conference games in basketball, it should be fairly easy to schedule.

In the past [ and I mean way back ] there was talk about having a holiday tournament in DFW with UNT,SMU,UTA, and TCU as participates.Naturally it sounded too good to be true, and as it turned out it wasn't.Oh well!

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, UNT Family Man said:

They did not. They came on the court as a part of the after party. There was no storm- in that entering the court. 

OK.  Not all of the student section dumped out immediately after the final whistle like we would normally call "storming the court"...  my bad, technically.   Sheesh.

But:

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

OK.  Not all of the student section dumped out immediately after the final whistle like we would normally call "storming the court"...  my bad, technically.   Sheesh.

But:

And those kids I’m sure will remember this moment and have a much more fond outlook on UNT athletics for the rest of their time at UNT and beyond than kids who showed up for the first time to watch Benford ball get run out of the gym by SFA or something. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Y'all were 13-5 (4-1) with nice wins over FLSt, & current 1st place Charlotte, in addition to a nail biter VS Memphis.   

Hate to rain on your self-deprecation-for-the-sake-of-excusing-your-loss but...  Y'all are good.   

I anticipate February 11 to be another really great game between 2 very good teams.

I hope, but am not very confident, that you are right.  Because if you are not right, next year will be very very painful for SMU.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, DentonStang said:

Hate to rain on y'all parade but...... We are not very good.  

Comon be a better sport. It literally came down to one shot. If that 3 had gone down, I would be unhappy, but I wouldn't be saying our team is not that good. It's the kind of game you shake the other team's hand and just say "Good game." We have sure been on the other end of that. 

Go back and look at our Fordham game. Lost by a fingertip to a team that's a 3 digit NET team. Doesn't mean we aren't good. Bottom line is it's hard to win road games in any league. See the big 12 right now also.

Edited by BigWillie
  • Upvote 2