JayDee is saying keep the faith

Jonnyeagle

1 hour ago, Big Z said:

Get better? 

image.png.91e2cb988f105e97efc3df2edf0deb29.png

Here is our total history wins/losses...

The Mean Green have played 106 seasons of football, compiling a record of 530–527–33 (.501) and winning 26 conference championships (1 in the Texas Intercollegiate Athletic Association, 8 in the Lone Star Conference, 5 in the Gulf Coast Conference, 6 in the Missouri Valley Conference, 2 in the Southland Conference, and 4 in the Sun Belt Conference). The Mean Green appeared in 12 bowl games, and they appeared in the FCS playoffs four times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_Texas_Mean_Green_football_seasons

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

This is why Morris was brought in, to build a team that can compete, he was not able to do this last year because he was not even hired at this stage of the portal being open.  I hope people remember the importance of the fall transfer window, and why programs need to have their coaching staff in order before the window opens.... And do not fire a head coach in the middle of the transfer window!!!

• Upvote 3

On 12/13/2023 at 10:39 AM, MeanGreenTexan said:

It most-certainly can.
But your sentiment is indicative of the new standard we have around here.  I like that.

Losing record check

Early departures of all the key players of 2023 check

No massive change for the defensive coaching staff with the worse FBS defense check

The only things we don’t have are players flunking out and/or getting in to embarrassing legal trouble 

All our best contributing players getting poached from a 5-7 Mean Green team that didn’t make a bowl isn’t bottom of the barrel but it is a new water mark near the bottom.  It definitely could get worse but not by a huge margin.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

58 minutes ago, Meangreen Fight said:

Losing record check

Early departures of all the key players of 2023 check

No massive change for the defensive coaching staff with the worse FBS defense check

The only things we don’t have are players flunking out and/or getting in to embarrassing legal trouble 

All our best contributing players getting poached from a 5-7 Mean Green team that didn’t make a bowl isn’t bottom of the barrel but it is a new water mark near the bottom.  It definitely could get worse but not by a huge margin.

Did you happen to be at Fouts Field on September 17th, 2005?  I was.
How 'bout Apogee Stadium on October 10th, 2015?  I was.

I've seen "worse" with my own eyes.    On both of those days, if you would have told me we'd have a 5-7 team with an incredibly explosive offense (albeit more of the same, defensively), I would have been very happy with that.   Now... Not so much.   
Standards have changed.  That's a good thing.  Now we need the football program to rise up to those new standards.  6 wins is bare minimum.  Anything less than that is failure.  CCG should be the goal every year. 

• Upvote 4
  • RV 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

On both of those days, if you would have told me we'd have a 5-7 team with an incredibly explosive offense (albeit more of the same, defensively), I would have been very happy with that. 

Actually I saw those games.  Fouts was an atrocious stadium.  Investment in that era was lacking and Tulsa was a conference championship team.  I was actually there to see Portland State beat us like it was their homecoming and not ours.  Big difference in those instances was that previous to then they had won conference and/or a bowl game.  This has the potential to go the Todd Dodge direction and all the departures on offense and lack of defense sets up well to go that way.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 2