North Texas Portal Entry Thread

TheReal_jayD

11 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

So, I love everyone that talks about "give them time to learn the playbook" whether it is an offensive or defensive player, but this is a prime example of not having a chance to learn. How do keep a player long enough to learn the playbook? 

Welcome to the new NCAA D1 football world. It sucks but things aren't going to change. 

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

If you're wondering how much money is being thrown around for these top players.

(I wonder how many of these offers flop?)

I thought Cam was entering the draft? I’m seeing he would be a first rounder. As for Mac, we have always been able to attract WR’s and RB’s. With this offense maybe more so, than in the past. Good luck! GMG

• Upvote 1

giphy.gif

Maclin was a no brainer if he had his grades in order to graduate.   Looks like he does.   Dude was fun to watch, and I'm glad we got to see him in Green for 2 years.  In an Air Raid, I'm not really worried about losing WRs though.  Hoping Ward stays, and I bet with how Sides came on at the end of the year, he could jump in and get some looks.
...Hold onto your butts if Rogers happens to have his grades in order to graduate as well.

Miner is a tough loss.  He should get an opportunity at one of those Northern ACC schools like BC or Syracuse if he wants it, and he'll be closer to home.

Losing Adaway, if true, is going to be tough.  Hoping at least 2 of Adeyi, Ragsdale, & Johnson come back.

And like last offseason, if we happen to lose Rod Brown, we're going to be worse on defense next year, while some other lucky team gets much better.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

giphy.gif

Maclin was a no brainer if he had his grades in order to graduate.   Looks like he does.   Dude was fun to watch, and I'm glad we got to see him in Green for 2 years.  In an Air Raid, I'm not really worried about losing WRs though.  Hoping Ward stays, and I bet with how Sides came on at the end of the year, he could jump in and get some looks.
...Hold onto your butts if Rogers happens to have his grades in order to graduate as well.

Miner is a tough loss.  He should get an opportunity at one of those Northern ACC schools like BC or Syracuse if he wants it, and he'll be closer to home.

Losing Adaway, if true, is going to be tough.  Hoping at least 2 of Adeyi, Ragsdale, & Johnson come back.

And like last offseason, if we happen to lose Rod Brown, we're going to be worse on defense next year, while some other lucky team gets much better.

We're going to lose Adaway!?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, untcampbell said:

I think it says a lot about North Texas that the conversations between JMac, family and close friends were long conversations.

That said, it was fun watching 9.

(support the school, the program, the jersey.....everything else is temporary)

GMG

I agree. This isn't a typical "I'm leaving" post. It seems apparent to me that he really is grateful for North Texas and the opportunity our school gave him. He made the most of it. He came here as the cousin of former NFL WR Jeremy Maclin and left as Ja'Mori Maclin, 1000 yard receiver also known as routerunner9. I don't think he takes this decision lightly.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Maclin has stated that he was close to quitting football when he decided to transfer here.  He is appreciative of what he was able to accomplish and for rediscovering his love of the game.  Outside of that, I hate the portal.  I am thankful I got to watch people like Patrick Cobbs, Johnny Quinn, Booger Kennedy, Cody Spencer, etc. for four or five years here.  Those days are long gone because of this bullshit.

Right there with u bro

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Maclin has stated that he was close to quitting football when he decided to transfer here.  He is appreciative of what he was able to accomplish and for rediscovering his love of the game.  Outside of that, I hate the portal.  I am thankful I got to watch people like Patrick Cobbs, Johnny Quinn, Booger Kennedy, Cody Spencer, etc. for four or five years here.  Those days are long gone because of this bullshit.

How do you think we would have done this past season if we didn't pull Rogers out of the portal ourselves?

It works both ways.

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 1