North Texas vs Navy (10/06/2023) Score Predictions

Big Z

If we make it to 6 wins this is a must win.  I actually think the triple option can help condense things down for our defense (not holding my breath).  If they can actually fill the box and not worry so much about spreading out in coverage it may help.  Lotta points, whatever happens. 

The odds line has went from Navy -5 to -6 points for our game.

Navy hosted USF last weekend.  Navy controlled the clock 31 min to 29 min (expected with a running offense).  Navy rushed 48 times for 254 yds.  USF 44 times for only 135 yards.  However, Navy only passed 11 times for 90 yards, compared to USF passing 34 times for 338 yards. 

In summary Navy had 59 plays to USF's 78 plays.  USF won 44-30.

Navy will get their yards rushing, but we have to get a lot more passing!

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Navy - 56

North Texas - 41

And all of you who think Navy will win by driving the ball down the field and eating clock are WRONG.  

We don’t tackle..anybody.  They will gash us for 60 yard runs, not 6 yard runs.  

We’ll score with them early but in the second half it will be our OFFENSE that is tired because they don’t get a breather.  😭

Yep.
Our defense is not at the level of "keeping things in front of them", and staying gap-disciplined, that most defenses, where we can hope to keep Navy chewing up clock.

Anyone recall what Cal's RB did to us?   He had all of those huge chunk runs without the threat of misdirection that comes with the Triple Option.   
We're going to have LBs & Safeties whiffing at air and tackling the wrong guys all over the field.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

Nice find, @El Paso Eagle. The source has a better average track record on overall predictions. 

I'm not sure what to think of our defense. Over the last two games and much of FIU, it appeared our guys were in position to make a stop, but couldn't tackle. If you can't tackle, it really doesn't matter how many guys you have on the line. Tackling is something that can be fixed during the season but it has not been fixed yet. 

I'm not as worried about the offense as we've shown we have the ability to score quickly when we are trying to do so. 

I would feel better about this game if it were in Denton as our road record, regardless of coach, is simply awful. 

I think we lose by less than 10. 

• Upvote 1