Air Force AT Sam Houston

meangreenbob

22 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

AT NRG stadium, not at SHSU which doesn't hold 25K and there were quite a bit of Air Force folks

This is why I'm all for Army and Air Force joining the American. Big brand names, big rivalries, and their fans show up for games. 

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

18 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Kinda handcuffed on sh*t talking service academies without coming off as unpatriotic, though. What am I supposed to do? Thank them for their service when they turn the ball over?

They’re just people. You might be surprised how many people actually talk crap about the service academies that are in the military. It’s easy to separate the football team from the actual branch itself. 

• Upvote 4

21 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Kinda handcuffed on sh*t talking service academies without coming off as unpatriotic, though. What am I supposed to do? Thank them for their service when they turn the ball over?

How about:

”Nice throw number 9! I know they let women into the academy but didn’t know they let them play QB. Thank you for your cervix!”

• Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

18 hours ago, meangreenbob said:

UCF at Boise 

36,500 in attendance. Sold out. 

at Boise.

13 hours ago, MCMLXXX said:

Tarleton State hosted North Alabama and had 20,127 in Stephenville. That is about 1000 less than we had for California.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore/_/gameId/401540201

in Stephenville.

• Eye Roll 2

4 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

They’re just people. You might be surprised how many people actually talk crap about the service academies that are in the military. It’s easy to separate the football team from the actual branch itself. 

Exactly. Most everyone on my ship preferred officers who did ROTC programs at traditional universities. The Naval Academy grads were always very high on themselves. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

Exactly. Most everyone on my ship preferred officers who did ROTC programs at traditional universities. The Naval Academy grads were always very high on themselves. 

I love bringing up North Texas beating Army to all the West Point officers. 😆