Tackling

edcollopy

Just now, El Paso Eagle said:

Maybe they will adjust but if you're going to run a gimmick defense and you're going to hire coach with no coordinator experience and you don't have the Personnel to run that type of gimmick defense we are seeing the results

We certainly are. This was never going to work. 

In the conceptual idea of defense, the idea is to take away something...preferably what the opposition is best at.  Nevertheless, the easiest thing to take away is also the easiest thing for the offense to want to do, the run. The run is always taken away by pre-snap alignment and then body placement... penetration and containment...the 4-3. The stack is a weak mans defense for a weak mans football team. It's not sustainable unless you're playing the true air rais, and maybe that's why air raid coaches run it. It's a really bad defense vs a multiple offense. Really, really bad. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

It's the philosophy with underrecruited players. This is the result and it's on Morris. All of it. 

How is it on Morris?  How many of those defensive starters were his recruits, or as you called them, underrecruited players?  Here’s a hint. The answer starts with Z and ends with o. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

How is it on Morris?  How many of those defensive starters were his recruits, or as you called them, underrecruited players?  Here’s a hint. The answer starts with Z and ends with o. 

Well I suppose I would have to ask WHY he couldn't be bothered to recruit the defensive side of the ball then.

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 2

19 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Because he hired a never before DC that was a stack to come try to be a DC and implement the godawful stack. He did that. That's his his. That's his stamp of approval. How do you not understand this? 

• Upvote 2
  • RV 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Because he hired a never before DC that was a stack to come try to be a DC and implement the godawful stack. He did that. That's his his. That's his stamp of approval. How do you not understand this? 

Because your comment focused on “under-recruited players” which none that starter or played much last night were recruited by Morris. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Don't care. He rolled them out there. Fix it. 

This is why I don’t take you seriously.  You claim one thing, and then when called on it switch targets.  I am ready to start winning so you will go back into hiding. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

This is why I don’t take you seriously.  You claim one thing, and then when called on it switch targets.  I am ready to start winning so you will go back into hiding. 

I'm claiming nothing outside of the football team being an embarassment. 

The who, what, whatever,  none of that matters to me. Fix it. That's the only solution as it sits. I don't care how, just do it. 

• Puking Eagle 1

Isn’t Caponi running the Iowa St defense that was so good in the Big XII?  I fail to believe that a new coaching staff is hinging their future success on a gimmick. Tackling was the issue yesterday, plain and simple. 
I just got back home and am going to watch the replay either tonight or tomorrow, and that may change my mind, but either way, we better learn how to tackle and fast.