Coach Morris Buying Lunch for Students

TheReal_jayD

This is fantastic. We need lots of this.

Even if lunch is maxed out at 350 students, the graphic/tweet should make its way to at least 3x that by way of friends texting one another the post with "Should we go get free lunch?" Now, you have ~1,000 (potentially new) student eyeballs on the football program during game week.

• Upvote 2

Genius. 

The best way to get the attention of youth (or just about anyone) is feed them. And feed them something they are most likely to like. THEN talk to them about your passion and your vision for THEIR SCHOOL.  They are more likely to listen when that happens. 

Hayden Fry (a fellow west Texan) would approve.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

I don’t know why students should even need to “claim a ticket” at all. I think students should be a swipe your student id at the entrance and walk in the building transaction.

Until such time as there's a chance that there won't be enough seats/SRO for all who show up, I agree.

...and we haven't come close to "such time", even for that UH game.  There's a lot of SRO space at the DAT.

Edited by kj86
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kj86 said:

Until such time as there's a chance that there won't be enough seats/SRO for all who show up, I agree.

...and we haven't come close to "such time", even for that UH game.  There's a lot of SRO space at the DAT.

Agreed. Even if there’s a chance there won’t be enough seats, I would still just swipe ids and put a huge “countdown clock” to show everyone on the hill how many student seats are left and maybe it would encourage some students to go in early.

• Upvote 6

45 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

Agreed. Even if there’s a chance there won’t be enough seats, I would still just swipe ids and put a huge “countdown clock” to show everyone on the hill how many student seats are left and maybe it would encourage some students to go in early.

It is kind of wild how hard they make it. I just graduated but my fiancé is finishing up this year. We go to as many games as we can, We had a bunch of issues with passwords and the logins being different and difficult to get into last year and it's a lot of links to click through. We have it down now and it's not like we aren't grateful but if you want students in seats you want the process to be easy and seamless. Any amount of friction can lose you attendance for students who aren't yet big fans.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, Coltonw83 said:

It is kind of wild how hard they make it. I just graduated but my fiancé is finishing up this year. We go to as many games as we can, We had a bunch of issues with passwords and the logins being different and difficult to get into last year and it's a lot of links to click through. We have it down now and it's not like we aren't grateful but if you want students in seats you want the process to be easy and seamless. Any amount of friction can lose you attendance for students who aren't yet big fans.

Am disappointed to hear this, yet this is VERY important feedback that needs to get to Coach Jared asap!

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Coltonw83 said:

16 minutes ago, Dannymacfan said:

Am disappointed to hear this, yet this is VERY important feedback that needs to get to Coach Jared asap!

This is a tangent from the original topic, but just in case anyone from the AD sees this feedback and wants tangible ways to improve it, one of the best resources I've ever encountered on user experience is "Don't Make Me Think" by Steve Krug. The book has stood the test of time, and the principles of the book can be applied to most marketing, sales, and all components of customer experience within the department (not just web/mobile user experience). 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

I don’t know why students should even need to “claim a ticket” at all. I think students should be a swipe your student id at the entrance and walk in the building transaction.

When I was attending, they had a kiosk setup by the Library during the week where you showed your ID and got a ticket. I know everything HAS to be an app these days, but they really make it way too difficult. They already have a system setup around campus to use Eagle Dollars or whatever the hell it's called by swiping your ID. Should be just as easy to swipe, show Active/Inactive Student status, if active you can walk right on in, if inactive, we'd like to direct you to the ticket booth. 

It's not rocket science

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1