If I Were AAC Commissioner

TheReal_jayD

If Cal and Stanford don't want to come to the AAC, this would be my second choice.  If one of them (Boise State or SDSU) doesn't want to leave the Mountain West I'd try UNLV.  If both won't leave I'd try to get Colorado State. 

I'd bet that Aresco comes up with a good solution. 

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

Any sympathy for the non-football sports? Gotta be a nightmare travel schedule for teams that don't get to fly.

Good point.
I do not see any way to keep college football from separating from the other sports. Money is the ruling factor but, it's not only about the money, it's also about students attending classes.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

I don’t really get the fascination with the service academies. They just don’t move the needle very much.

I hate the thought of having to face the triple option a couple times a year, but they guarantee national (and international) support.

Army-Navy is annually one of the biggest games in all of CFB, and the winner of the Commander in Chief trophy is also a pretty big deal that's often talked about during the season.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Army-Navy is annually one of the biggest games in all of CFB, and the winner of the Commander in Chief trophy is also a pretty big deal that's often talked about during the season.

But outside of that game, playing the service academies isn’t getting you a prime time tv slot or selling out your stadium.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

But outside of that game, playing the service academies isn’t getting you a prime time tv slot or selling out your stadium.

The Army at UNT game in 2017 was a top 5 attended game in DATCU Stadium history. The service academies draw eyeball. They draw more eyeballs when playing verse each other. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

The Army at UNT game in 2017 was a top 5 attended game in DATCU Stadium history. The service academies draw eyeball. They draw more eyeballs when playing verse each other. 

Was going to say. Similar was in 2007 the Navy game had about 26k at Fouts. The home game immediately before (MTSU) and after (WKU) had 18k and 5k respectively.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I would argue that had more to do with excitement around our program than playing Army at that time. We only had 200 fewer fans than that the week before against UTEP.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, ColoradoEagle said:

Was going to say. Similar was in 2007 the Navy game had about 26k at Fouts. The home game immediately before (MTSU) and after (WKU) had 18k and 5k respectively.

I still have nightmares about that game.  Felt like I was watching a tennis match.  My neck gets sore just thinking about watching each offense run up and down the field.

• Haha 1