North Texas "Finds"

UNTLifer

58 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

It does when people like Seth Littrell wore it all the time.  Hopefully, the new staff doesn't follow that lead.

EMo seems to be really embracing the "Texas De" or so called on Voertmans....SOW over Texas outline.  Generic, but it's not bad either.  Bought one of the polos.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, untcampbell said:

Anyone seen the NT pop-up shade tent at Costco? Friend sent me a crappy pic, $189. What I could see is it has a picture of DATCU almost filled (probably the Houston game). He couldn't tell me other pics it had on it, but it looked interesting.

GMG

i was told that the Costco near Alliance Airport had some UNT stuff. 

43 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

I had that green "Mean" hat made before last football season by an ETSY shop.  The guy running the merch booth at the first home Basketball game asked me where I got it.  I told him it was "custom made." Now they've taken my billion-dollar idea.

I demand a finders fee from Voertmans.

Hahah nice!  I told my wife it’s probably not something I’d wear but I’d be happy to buy it for her or my daughter.  

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/23/2023 at 2:00 PM, UNTLifer said:

I would prefer the NT-Star.  

Also, when they do a hat with the flag, I would prefer that it be waving like the Texas Rangers flag.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, greenjoe said:

Does anyone that actually attends a North Texas game refer to us as “UNT” ?

No. I only hear "North Texas". I think elements in the school tried to push UNT for a while but it never really caught on except in social media because we're all basically lazy and typing UNT is easier on our poor overworked thumbs. 

Properly, it's THE University of North Texas, much like people pronounce THE Ohio State University.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

21 hours ago, ADLER said:

No. I only hear "North Texas". I think elements in the school tried to push UNT for a while but it never really caught on except in social media because we're all basically lazy and typing UNT is easier on our poor overworked thumbs. 

Properly, it's THE University of North Texas, much like people pronounce THE Ohio State University.

I thought it was exactly the opposite due to Austin fighting against us including the "The", but again, my memory is horrible.

On 12/11/2023 at 8:53 PM, greenjoe said:

Exactly.  I read once that the media guide asks sports writers to refer to our athletic teams as “NT” or “Mean Green” and not “UNT.”  I asked Vito about that once and he said he just ignores that.

Most ignore Vito and his opinions.

On 12/11/2023 at 10:08 PM, DentonLurker said:

I live in Denton and work in Dallas. North Texas seems pretty restricted to athletics fans, honestly. I hear UNT all over Denton, and I don't think I've ever heard anyone at work say North Texas. It's always UNT.

I never say or write ‘UNT’ except in this one case. I never said ‘NTSU’ either. I never say or write UVA, for where i went after, either except in this one case. I don’t hear anyone saying TTU for Texas Tech.

Why would anyone in support of this school ever have pushed or joined in for such branding/nomenclature?? I get it for $mu and Tcu; otherwise their names are a little long maybe. We should always be: North Texas, exclusively.

• Thanks 1
  • Ray 2

9 minutes ago, Aquila_Viridis said:

I never say or write ‘UNT’ except in this one case. I never said ‘NTSU’ either. I never say or write UVA, for where i went after, either except in this one case. I don’t hear anyone saying TTU for Texas Tech.

Why would anyone in support of this school ever have pushed or joined in for such branding/nomenclature?? I get it for $mu and Tcu; otherwise their names are a little long maybe. We should always be: North Texas, exclusively.

Agree.  "North Texas" covers all eras and generations of fans and alums.   Similarly I will use NT in writing sometimes, but never UNT.  I didn't attend UNT!

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Found this for $8 thrifting this weekend. Don't know what team this is supposed to be for but I bought it anyway. Also the letters and numbers have rhinestones lol. Gonna be my softball getup for the cooler games.

image.png.d209fffd7e489c27931fbdee427b8f5a.png

image.png.775567175112891848ec0630d1597375.png

Rhinestones?

Paris Is Burning Gay GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2