A List of chores Wren left Jared

Tom McKrackin

21 minutes ago, ExADofficeIntern said:

I’m honestly to lazy and could not find the part of the press conference but JM talked about expanding the AD office and the athletes tutoring/studying center… or something along those lines if I heard correctly..

can anyone clear up what was actually said or what was implied when he did this?

Basically that there was not enough space to do what they need to do and places for the people they need to hire to work. The project needs 20-25 million and they are prioritizing 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Basically that there was not enough space to do what they need to do and places for the people they need to hire to work. The project needs 20-25 million and they are prioritizing 

So that sounds as if they do not currently have the $20-25M to upgrade those two buildings/centers currently… 

once we do get that money they would tackle those issues then move onto next..

I assume they did not give a $ that they are short. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ExADofficeIntern said:

So that sounds as if they do not currently have the $20-25M to upgrade those two buildings/centers currently… 

once we do get that money they would tackle those issues then move onto next..

I assume they did not give a $ that they are short. 

No, but I do not believe that have to have it all to start. Projects can also be broken in the phases and prioritized. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

No, but I do not believe that have to have it all to start. Projects can also be broken in the phases and prioritized. 

Well let’s hope they think of some ways… I know some of y’all have wanted Jackets from the sideline, people wanna have meet and greets with the coaches, sounds like one hell of a way to raise some money right there to get the ball rolling 

• Upvote 1

Who knew this topic would end up being 50% posts about whether or not to fire our most successful coach in our most successful sport?  I guess with Seth being gone, we now have a need to fire someone else.  I swear, we have a lot of Ricky Bobby's on this board -- "if you're not first, you're last".   Just waiting on someone to start a "Let's fire all the coaches" thread.

• Thanks 1
  • Ray 1

On 12/14/2022 at 4:52 PM, Matt from A700 said:

Adding men's/women's lacrosse. Let's beat UT/OU/A&M/SMU to something!!

I believe gymnastics is the way to go.  We would be filling a huge hole in D1 gymnastics.  I might personally want to see lacrosse or baseball but starting the only D1 gymnastics program in the state of Texas would be huge.   Just imagine if Simone Biles was a UNT Alumni or wanted to coach college gymnastics in her home state.  

https://apnews.com/article/simone-biles-sports-business-gymnastics-college-f8eaae4ef2a03730b120cc1824ee58a4

• Upvote 1