Bryce English @FAU

Cerebus

I would like to see him on the field...when he can go full speed without re-injuring that foot. Better to have him for three or four games at the end of the year than one-and-done, IMHO.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

would a medical redshirt be out of the cards for this young man?

Yes, unless they can prove when he took his first redshirt in 2015 that it was due to injury and not just a conventional redshirt. Now if he missed 70% of a future season due to injury, then he could have a case there.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Not likely, but he did lose the cart and the pump/whatever else he had... 

Guys if he was just cleared for weight bearing he's still got a LOOOOONG time to go before being on the field. If he was just cleared I'd be surprised to see him play this year. Maybe in a bowl game, but if he was just cleared, he will have to gain ROM back, and gain strength from atrophy and tolerance for walking. Playing football is a long time away. We should not even think about him being back for a good bit.  

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

Guys if he was just cleared for weight bearing he's still got a LOOOOONG time to go before being on the field. If he was just cleared I'd be surprised to see him play this year. Maybe in a bowl game, but if he was just cleared, he will have to gain ROM back, and gain strength from atrophy and tolerance for walking. Playing football is a long time away. We should not even think about him being back for a good bit.  

Well, I am afraid you are right, but I wonder why SL is not just coming out and saying that BE is likely done for the season and instead is keeping it as possibility from game to game. The details available are frustratingly sparse.

It is also just so very disappointing, as many of us were reeeeaaally looking forward to seeing him in green. Not having him renders our d-line really paper thin.

Edited by outoftown

This is starting to become the Raveyon thread part 2.  How about let's all agree he will not play this season because it is in the best for him and the program for him to completely heal?  And if he is released it will be a pleasant surprise to us all.  Deal?

13 minutes ago, outoftown said:

Well, I am afraid you are right, but I wonder why SL is not just coming out and saying that BE is likely done for the season and instead is keeping it as possibility from game to game. The details available are frustratingly sparse.

It is also just so very disappointing, as many of us were reeeeaaally looking forward to seeing him in green. Not having him renders our d-line really paper thin.

Probably doesn't want to kill the kids spirits, in therapy, motivation is a huge part of recovery. 

• Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Yes, unless they can prove when he took his first redshirt in 2015 that it was due to injury and not just a conventional redshirt. Now if he missed 70% of a future season due to injury, then he could have a case there.

at this point it might be better to try and get a medical redshirt.

• Lovely Take 1

2 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I'm saying he wouldn't have a case based on this season alone. The NCAA rule is that a player has to miss at least 70% of his team's games in TWO different seasons. 

I thought it was 75%, but your point is absolutely correct.  And that 75% has to be for medical reasons in both years.