Seat backs

MattyV

I purchased some season tickets and I read that, "Season-ticket holders can add a seat back for $40 per seat for the season."

http://www.meangreensports.com/tickets/football.html

But there doesn't seem to be any information on how or where to purchase them. 

Also, do you recommend these seat backs as opposed to one i could buy at Academy and bring to each game?

• Upvote 1

Just now, oldguystudent said:

I could be entirely wrong here, but don't they half heartedly ban the clip on chairbacks because the plastic ones are available for purchase? 

They did at one point, but that was several years ago (still in Fouts) and they lifted the ban after people complained. We brought them in last year with no one batting an eye.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

@Side Show Joe brings his to every game.  I don't think he's ever had a problem before.

I've had the chair back, but found them too hard, and not as comfortable as a carry in seat. You should try the chair back first, and if it isn't comfortable enough then switch. MGTexan is right. You just need to call the ticket office.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MattyV said:

I purchased some season tickets and I read that, "Season-ticket holders can add a seat back for $40 per seat for the season."

http://www.meangreensports.com/tickets/football.html

But there doesn't seem to be any information on how or where to purchase them. 

Also, do you recommend these seat backs as opposed to one i could buy at Academy and bring to each game?

You order them when you order your season tickets (I've only ever ordered over the phone, so there's that).

My back is sensitive to gravity, so I've brought my own chairbacks with armrests and a cupholder for years. The Apogee-supplied ones are way more comfortable. Going to be switching to that next season.

5 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

I just stand the whole game. No need for a seatback 

exactly why i got my seats on the top row...no one can bitch about me standing

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 2

I like the seat backs.  Since they bolt on, they sit a little further back on the bench, giving you a little more legroom than you get when you bring your own.  Tip:  if you get the seat backs and it's been raining, don't forget to bring a towel or napkins with you.   If you bring your own seat backs, you have a dry seat when you arrive. 

3 hours ago, THOR said:

exactly why i got my seats on the top row...no one can bitch about me standing

If they did tell them this is big boy football we stand the entire game!! 

We are on the top row of the lower bowl. While some around us have the seat backs, on the top row, you can lean back against the wall easily. It also give you a place to put drinks, programs, etc. but that spot isn't accessible - at least not easily - if you have a seat back. The seat backs are great for every other row than the top!

I tried the plastic seatbacks the first year when Apogee opened, and I didn't like them, so I bought the ones from Academy made by "The Stadium Chair Company".  I highly recommend them, They're solid, with a metal frame, and because you're sitting on a canvas seat an inch or two above the metal bleacher, extremely comfortable.

I got mine in August, when Academy was having a "buy one, get the second for 1/2 price" sale.  I had to go to two stores, but I was able to get four of them in green.  Maybe they have that sale every year?

Don't ask what shade of green - at least they're green!

Edited by Stix
  • Upvote 3

18 hours ago, GMG24 said:

If they did tell them this is big boy football we stand the entire game!! 

I admire those that are able to do so but not everyone is 30 or have no physical problems with standing the entire game.  

I hope that the standees take up an entire section or the back part of partial so that those who pay the same amount for tickets are at least able to see the game.

• Upvote 1

On 7/7/2017 at 2:55 PM, Stix said:

I tried the plastic seatbacks the first year when Apogee opened, and I didn't like them, so I bought the ones from Academy made by "The Stadium Chair Company".  I highly recommend them, They're solid, with a metal frame, and because you're sitting on a canvas seat an inch or two above the metal bleacher, extremely comfortable.

I got mine in August, when Academy was having a "buy one, get the second for 1/2 price" sale.  I had to go to two stores, but I was able to get four of them in green.  Maybe they have that sale every year?

Don't ask what shade of green - at least they're green!

Thanks for the tip!