What hotel do the UNT recruits stay in on their official visits?

Harry

Interesting, I noticed a UTSA visitor tweeting that he was staying at the Hyatt Hill Country in SA - which is a very nice hotel btw (I have stayed there).

Made me wonder where we put our recruits up?  I seem to recall NCAA rules only allow you to stay within a certain range of the university...

31 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I honestly thought this was a joke.  Wasn't there a failed convention center plan not too long ago that was supposed to be on or around UNT? 

Yes.  It was supposed to be built on top of the tailgating hill.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I honestly thought this was a joke.  Wasn't there a failed convention center plan not too long ago that was supposed to be on or around UNT? 

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Yes.  It was supposed to be built on top of the tailgating hill.

Denton hates revenue and jobs. 

And traffic.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

To be fair, the traffic has gotten pretty insufferable as of late.  It's the construction itself, not inherently the growth that's causing it though. 

Last time I drove through Denton, felt like I was in a construction maze: Random closed exits, narrow lanes, constant traffic shifts. 

But it'll be nice once (if ever) it's done. 

Edited by MeanGreen22

2 hours ago, Withers940 said:

Yeah, It will be the nicest one in town

Drove by there this weekend.  Impressive structure, for Denton, and should be in a great location, but they really need to look at traffic patterns and adjust for future growth.  Denton usually waits 2 years past the completion of the project though to address this issue.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Drove by there this weekend.  Impressive structure, for Denton, and should be in a great location, but they really need to look at traffic patterns and adjust for future growth.  Denton usually waits 2 years past the completion of the project though to address this issue.

Yep! They are so bad. Its like an old man that hates change and when its time to change its too late. They have always been this way. Never ahead of things but always behind. Lived here my entire life and its always been that way.

2 minutes ago, THOR said:

i drive denton every day, but just avoid all the bad spots.  it's easy enough if ya know the town...traffic isn't bad for me

Yeah, I live on the North Side of town and work on Dallas Dr. Best advice to everyone is stay the hell away from 380 and Lillian Miller. There is more but these are two that I abide by religiously 

• Lovely Take 1

3 minutes ago, THOR said:

i drive denton every day, but just avoid all the bad spots.  it's easy enough if ya know the town...traffic isn't bad for me

It's not the driving.  It's the parking.

Parking at NT has only gotten worse since they killed a rather large lot for the new Art Building.

8 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Tough to say since they tore down the Royale Inn an Suites. 

7 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Gotta save money, so we provide them a DCTA bus pass and put them up at the Desert Sands off 35 & Carroll.

How about the Pines Motel in Lewisville?

gallery-05.jpg

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Withers940 said:

Yep! They are so bad. Its like an old man that hates change and when its time to change its too late. They have always been this way. Never ahead of things but always behind. Lived here my entire life and its always been that way.

Very true...Denton has been home since 1965.  Always been a "day late and a dollar short" when it comes to this stuff, but the city leaders seem to like it that way.  What else could explain it?

• Upvote 1

This will be a nice addition to Denton.  Not too far off I-35 at the Newton Rayzor Ranch land area.  Wonder if the Mean Green Village will have something similar in its future?   I'd bet they could find the space for it.

Some of you remember when Mr. Rayzor hosted a Mean Green Club gathering at his ranch with all his Longhorn cattle nearby? 

Former Fry assistant and later UNT AD the late Andy Everest once told a handful of us that Rayzor would call him at all times of the morning just to talk about....everything.   

ES_exterior_712x342_FitToBoxSmallDimension_Center.jpg.9ffabd54742d54c91aab2010e52f9942.jpg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

5 hours ago, Cerebus said:

It's not the driving.  It's the parking.

Parking at NT has only gotten worse since they killed a rather large lot for the new Art Building.

I use to complain constantly about never finding parking at West Hall and moaning when I had to park at Fouts near Traditions or over near College Inn, even when I knew it was my own damn fault because I got home from a date at 3am...

And then I visited friends at UT, Baylor and A&M.

UNT students have no idea how lucky they have been with parking. Students living in dorms don't have to take a bus that goes several miles away to a parking garage to get their car like in College Station, or lucky to find anywhere at all for their car like at Baylor (though they have built a bunch of parking garages since my friends went there, one of them even has a Chili's in it). I thought UNT parking prices were outrageous until my sister started at UT. I think paying to park in the Jester garage for a full semester cost as much as tuition at UNT my freshman year. 

All that being said, come on Wren, get that track stadium built so they can tear down the rest of Fouts and build a new parking garage. Doesn't matter how far away you gotta park as long as there actually is enough room for folks park.

Oh and freshman shouldn't have cars on campus if they live in a dorm.

• Lovely Take 1

• 1 year later...