No love from Marshall fans, "UNT automatic win"

gangrene

https://marshall.forums.rivals.com/threads/next-three-opponents.30400/

The only achievable goal for this team is to go 6-6 and go to some pre-Christmas bowl. WKU, MTSU, and USM are automatic losses. North Texas and UNCC are automatic wins. That leaves running the table versus the Floridas and ODU.

North Texas is bad. Their only legit win is 2 OT vesus 0-5 Rice. Win.

• Upvote 2

They are ones that are screwed here, this is a game they expect to win no problem. If it is close they will stress out, and if we beat them they will freak out. I hope their team is already looking past us. 

GMG Beat'm 

13 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

They are ones that are screwed here, this is a game they expect to win no problem. If it is close they will stress out, and if we beat them they will freak out. I hope their team is already looking past us. 

GMG Beat'm 

They're the team on a 3-game losing skid.   I don't think they're "looking past" us.  They're going to be hyper-focused because they need to win to right the ship.

The Thundering Turd is due for some payback! They are 2 - 0 against us, and we definitely need some revenge for that 1988 game. Let's make their first trip to Denton one they won't forget! I feel better about this week because I think they are not as strong as the MUTS.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Their fans are known to be pretty bad.  Just ask anyone that attended or played in the game in 1988.  No love here for Marshall.

I was at the game in 1988, but have heard about it.  However, I did attend our game at Marshall last season, and every Marshall fan I ran into before, duringand after the game were very respectful and nice.  Maybe time has mellowed them a bit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We are winning this week! One thing that we have this year, that was missing last year, is hope. I fully expect that this coaching staff and this team will be better this week, because of last week. 

We tailgated with the Marshall fans last year. We told them we would return the hospitality when they come to Texas.  We were all in green, so no one could really tell who was who...lol!

Let's Go Mean Green! Beat Marshall!

• Upvote 4