Predict the UNT/SMU score

Matt from A700

If I recall, most of us were predicting a close game or possible upset when TD debuted against Oklahoma and we all know how that went.  And we were over the top about Mac and his debut against FIU and we all know how that went.

But I just can't bring myself to predict a Mean Green loss so:

UNT  21

The worse cheaters in the history of college sports: 14

Edited by letsgiveacheer
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Stix said:

30?  Why?  Oh, that's right, you're "The best dressed band in the Land".  So, looking good is more important than sounding good.*

Do you still play "Sunrise, Sunset"?  Y'all have been playing that since at least 1980.  Worst choice of music for a marching band, ever.  Maybe you could book some Bar Mitzvahs in the off-season.

* But you still look like a bunch of Carnival Barkers!

"Step right up, see. Watch this Mean Green get whipped by a buncha Lil' Ponies, see. You won't believe it til ya see it with your own eyes! *creepy carny music* "

Sunrise is in the book and played by the alumni group (I'm in that).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I really hope you and I are wrong, but I think this is the most accurate prediction I've seen here.

On 8/29/2016 at 2:24 PM, Eagle-96 said:

First game in new offensive and defensive systems. First meaningful game action in 5 years for the most important player on the field for us. No depth to speak of.

UNT - 16

SMU - 31

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, letsgiveacheer said:

If I recall, most of us were predicting a close game or possible upset when TD debuted against Oklahoma and we all know how that went.  And we were over the top about Mac and his debut against FIU and we all know how that went.

I endured the trip to Norman with its horrendous ass-kicking...but I'm still alive! The worst problem that day was defense, as I recall (well, the worst of the worst). I think we have improved on that side of the ball but I'm a little leery of stopping the run. On offense, I think we will surprise some folks with our execution; this assumes the pass blocking holds up well enough. OK...here goes nothing...

UNT 35,   SMUt 24

New offense & defense. The team wasn't very good last year and talent was definitely part of the problem. I'm confident SL will have these guys playing hard and headed in the right direction. 

SMUrf DooDoo - 38

UNT - 31

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, malonish said:

How many different uniforms does the brigade have? SMU has over 30 combinations :D

Anyway, my prediction:

SMU: 1

UNT: 0

Going for the Rouge point.

Well, when you can afford personal shoppers, it's easy to do that.  Custom Brooks Brothers, I assume? 

On August 30, 2016 at 3:44 PM, UNTexas said:

42-17 SMU

Sorry, after last season I can't drink the Cool Aid.

If UNT can only manage 17 points against one of, if not THE, worst defense UNT will play all year, get ready for a 1 or 0 win season. I think UNT scores a lot, but I think SMU scores 14 more.

• Upvote 2

Last year, I posted on here that if we couldn't beat SMU, 1-11 was a certainty--and that was what happened.

This year, if we beat SMU, I think we will actually win 3 or more games. I'm on record that I think we are 2-10 or worse, but a win over SMU would really be a nice start to this year.

We have these FBS opponents that our 68 scholarship players can probably compete with--SMU, Army, and UTSA. Beat SMU, Butt Cookman, and one or both of these other two and you have had a spectacular start to the Littrell Era here. There's many reasons we are generally rated as one of the three bottom teams in FBS right now, along with UMass and ULM, but its that depth that is the main one. And this SMU game in game one at home represents a GOLDEN CHANCE at a win, just because we won't have depth issues show up yet, as it will later in the season. Same goes for the Butt Cookman game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, UNT90 said:

If UNT can only manage 17 points against one of, if not THE, worst defense UNT will play all year, get ready for a 1 or 0 win season. I think UNT scores a lot, but I think SMU scores 14 more.

After what I saw last season, nothing would shock me. I love our school but I have really low moral these days.

4 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Fair point, but I'm just not sure the offense is humming yet.  It is a new system, and there are a lot of new players who have never played with each other before.  I would expect the offense to be much more cohesive by the time conference play starts.