Wren getting to work!!!

bdan2002

Athletics Chief Operations Officer  

This position serves as the Associate Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics and Chief Operating Officer for the division of Athletics and is responsible for overall direction and strategic planning for the areas of athletic facilities management, event management, student services, and marketing and promotions. This position is also responsible for the overall division strategic plan to include development and implementation. 

Athletics Chief Financial Officer  

This position serves as the Deputy Athletic Director and Chief Financial Officer for the division of Athletics and is responsible for overall direction and strategic planning for the areas of athletic fiscal management, business operations, contract management, vendor relations, and grounds management. This position is also responsible for developing financial strategy, metrics tied to the strategy, and ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to protect division assets and report accurate financial information. 

• Upvote 6

35 minutes ago, bdan2002 said:

This position serves as the Associate Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics and Chief Operating Officer for the division of Athletics and is responsible for overall direction and strategic planning for the areas of athletic facilities management, event management, student services, and marketing and promotions. This position is also responsible for the overall division strategic plan to include development and implementation. 

Athletics Chief Financial Officer  

This position serves as the Deputy Athletic Director and Chief Financial Officer for the division of Athletics and is responsible for overall direction and strategic planning for the areas of athletic fiscal management, business operations, contract management, vendor relations, and grounds management. This position is also responsible for developing financial strategy, metrics tied to the strategy, and ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to protect division assets and report accurate financial information. 

Hank and Nittardy's positions?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

Hank and Nittardy's positions?

Nittardy is just over the Mean Green Club.   These are executive level type titles, which Nittardy does not have.  More like this would be Nittardy's new boss.

These might be new positions that cover more than a single functional area.

• Upvote 4

Something else to keep in mind is that while this appears to be a reorganization of the Administration ranks of the department, it doesn't mean some of our "favorite" AD employees are actually gone. It just means they'll have to compete for the new positions with external applicants.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

Something else to keep in mind is that while this appears to be a reorganization of the Administration ranks of the department, it doesn't mean some of our "favorite" AD employees are actually gone. It just means they'll have to compete for the new positions with external applicants.

you say "compete".  Do you mean this like last season's "competition" between UNT & Portland St?

• Upvote 3

except for the qualifications, I am so right for this job!!!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

you say "compete".  Do you mean this like last season's "competition" between UNT & Portland St?

That's a pretty poor analogy, IMO, when it comes to hiring a candidate.

Time to end the low rent salaries and aim a lot higher to get better quality people. I just hope our fans are willing to put their money where their expectations are.

35 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

That's a pretty poor analogy, IMO, when it comes to hiring a candidate.

Time to end the low rent salaries and aim a lot higher to get better quality people. I just hope our fans are willing to put their money where their expectations are.

I don't think the fans money has anything to do with hiring this kind of person.   This is University budget funding.

It appears that our big$ fans have put their money where their expectations are in the firing of McCarney (costing quite a bit in buyout funds) and hiring of Littrell (at a higher salary).   I only wish I could contribute at that level.

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

I don't think the fans money has anything to do with hiring this kind of person.   This is University budget funding.

It could if the university raises ticket prices to supplement the cost of paying people more money. It is a possible revenue source outside of the general University budget.

2 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

It could if the university raises ticket prices to supplement the cost of paying people more money. It is a possible revenue source outside of the general University budget.

our ticket prices on pretty close to being on par with the Big Boy Football Schools.  They had better not raise them much more than they are now....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Just now, MeanGreen_MBA said:

our ticket prices on pretty close to being on par with the Big Boy Football Schools.  They had better not raise them much more than they are now....

They really aren't anywhere neat Big Boy Football, if you mean P5s.

But raising ticket prices after this past season would be astronomically dumb. If anything, they may need to consider keeping low for like three years, just to get people to consider staying or coming back. People won't pay for a loser. That's been proven over and over--especially here...

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

OK, I see what you're saying, and I'm ready for that.  
Heck, last season we had a ticket price hike (slightly lowering 2014's ticket prices while only playing 5 home games), which I gladly paid.    Then the season happened and I was no-longer glad.
I would pay more money to be glad again.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

our ticket prices on pretty close to being on par with the Big Boy Football Schools. 

Not even close when you consider the "required" donation levels to secure decent seats.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

They really aren't anywhere neat Big Boy Football, if you mean P5s.

But raising ticket prices after this past season would be astronomically dumb. If anything, they may need to consider keeping low for like three years, just to get people to consider staying or coming back. People won't pay for a loser. That's been proven over and over--especially here...

They already raised ticket proces on club seat holders, which was incredibly stupid.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

2 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Not even close when you consider the "required" donation levels to secure decent seats.

Are there bad seats? I can answer after attending OU and going to several ATM games, NO. There are zero bad seats, just some with added comforts us commoners can't afford ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, bdan2002 said:

I could do this job.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Are there bad seats? I can answer after attending OU and going to several ATM games, NO. There are zero bad seats, just some with added comforts us commoners can't afford ;)

Huh?  I was talking about the costs for decent seats at the "big time schools" compared to the costs at Apogee.  My point was that costs at Apogee are not even close to those at the big time football schools for decent seats when you add in the costs of their "required" donations.  "Decent seats" being those at the "big time schools".  Was not referring to seats at Apogee...where, yes, all are good seats by comparison.

My comment was in reference to a poster claiming UNT seat prices had been raised to levels close to these big time football school costs....nope, not even close.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

They already raised ticket proces on club seat holders, which was incredibly stupid.

Did they?  I thought ticket prices were pretty much the same as last year with one more game this year making the total ticket cost higher due to the extra game.  But, since I am a buyer anyway, I did not pay that close attention to the ticket costs this year.  Is the per ticket cost higher?  Or,  Are you referring to "donation" levels?  Now, donation is "per seat" which it should have been from the start.  Why should a guy with one seat pay the same as a guy with four seats? Isn't it now $300 per seat?  Which actually gives some few club seat holders a decrease.  I donate well over the required minimum, so again, did not pay that close attention...is it $300 per seat or $250?  Just for reference...at Okie State, the required Club level donation is $2000.00 per seat per year.  Not comparing records...just costs.  Club seats at UNT continue to be a bargain compared to the costs for club level types seats at "big time football" schools.  The interesting thing about all this is no one is required to purchase Club Seats.  There are tons of great seats at Apogee that are not in the Club area.  Some folks prefer those bowl seats to the Club which is understandable.  I do believe that the football watching atmosphere is actually great in the bowl.

It matters not where folks want to sit...it only matters if they show up.  One's seat preference is a personal choice.  You get to pick your seat location and costs.  There are seat costs to fit every budget and every location preference.  No reason to miss a game based on costs at Apogee.  Wing Zone (end zone) costs are very reasonable while suites are a bit more costly.  Pretty much like it is at every stadium, right? 

Just be there to help fill Apogee for the SMU game for sure.  Then when the Mean Green whip up on the ponies, come back for the rest of the season.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

12 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Did they?  I thought ticket prices were pretty much the same as last year with one more game this year making the total ticket cost higher due to the extra game.  But, since I am a buyer anyway, I did not pay that close attention to the ticket costs this year.  Is the per ticket cost higher?  Or,  Are you referring to "donation" levels?  Now, donation is "per seat" which it should have been from the start.  Why should a guy with one seat pay the same as a guy with four seats? Isn't it now $300 per seat?  Which actually gives some few club seat holders a decrease.  I donate well over the required minimum, so again, did not pay that close attention...is it $300 per seat or $250?  Just for reference...at Okie State, the required Club level donation is $2000.00 per seat per year.  Not comparing records...just costs.  Club seats at UNT continue to be a bargain compared to the costs for club level types seats at "big time football" schools.  The interesting thing about all this is no one is required to purchase Club Seats.  There are tons of great seats at Apogee that are not in the Club area.  Some folks prefer those bowl seats to the Club which is understandable.  I do believe that the football watching atmosphere is actually great in the bowl.

It matters not where folks want to sit...it only matters if they show up.  One's seat preference is a personal choice.  You get to pick your seat location and costs.  There are seat costs to fit every budget and every location preference.  No reason to miss a game based on costs at Apogee.  Wing Zone (end zone) costs are very reasonable while suites are a bit more costly.  Pretty much like it is at every stadium, right? 

Just be there to help fill Apogee for the SMU game for sure.  Then when the Mean Green whip up on the ponies, come back for the rest of the season.

It's money out of pocket of club seat holders. Parse it any way you want to, but that is an increase. 

It isn't a decrease for anyone unless they donate a large sum of money to the MGC. It's a huge increase for those that have purchased the most expensive club seats, pricing people out of their seats.

And done after the worst season in UNT history. Incredibly stupid. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

40 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

It's money out of pocket of club seat holders. Parse it any way you want to, but that is an increase. 

It isn't a decrease for anyone unless they donate a large sum of money to the MGC. It's a huge increase for those that have purchased the most expensive club seats, pricing people out of their seats.

And done after the worst season in UNT history. Incredibly stupid. 

How does a large donation to the MGC equate to a decrease for anyone?  I don't understand.  Required donations are per seat now as it should be, but making a large donation to the MGC does not make for a decrease unless I am really missing something here.  I have raised my MGC donation each year on my own and have experienced no reduction in costs.  Please explain.  Have I missed a decrease somehow?  

Edited by KRAM1
  • Downvote 8