Wren getting to work!!!

bdan2002

11 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

How does a large donation to the MGC equate to a decrease for anyone?  I don't understand.  Required donations are per seat now as it should be, but making a large donation to the MGC dies not make for a decrease unless I am really missing something here.  I have raised my MGC donation each year on my own and have experienced no reduction in costs.  Please explain.  Have I missed a decrease somehow?  

Yes, if you are giving $20k the the MGC, a huge jump in price per seat doesn't necessarily affect you, as you can just balance it out inside your donation.

However, for those who have purchased these seats as an investment and have to live on a budget, a huge price increase at the exact time when they can just right this off as a loss will cause more than a few to do so. They have basically dropped a large, mandatory increase on those paying the minimal level for seats in the mid level and top level club seats. 

They also more than doubled the cost of seats (or the mean green club level donation) for those at the lowest level who hold 4 or more seats. 

And they did it after the worst season in UNT football history. 

But please, feel free to put your usual spin on it. 

For the non-club seat holders, the way it used to work was you pad a certain MGC donation level to be able to purchase club seats. For instance, if you wanted to purchase 2 club seats at the lowest level (20-goal line each side), it used to require a minimum MGC donation of $500 plus ticket prices for the season (another $750). UNT changed the MGC level donation requirement to a per seat level. For the lowest level, it's $300 per seat. So, if you own 2 club seats, it's only a $100 a year raise. But if you own 4 seats and were contributing the $500 minimum, your minimum just went to $1200. 

Now, at the next level the minimum donation was $1000 MGC donation, I believe (someone without an agenda please feel free to post the correct amount). But let's just say for a second it was $1000 and say UNT placed the per seat price at $600 per seat. A person who owned 4 seats would now have his donation requirement increased from $1000 to $2400. 

So when KRAM says this wasn't a proce increase to club seat holders, he is doing the normal KRAM spin. 

Look, everyone knew the prices would eventually go up, but don't serve me a sh1+ product and then try to charge me double for it. It's bad business. But that was what the former AD was best at, wasn't it. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

How does a large donation to the MGC equate to a decrease for anyone?  I don't understand.  Required donations are per seat now as it should be, but making a large donation to the MGC dies not make for a decrease unless I am really missing something here.  I have raised my MGC donation each year on my own and have experienced no reduction in costs.  Please explain.  Have I missed a decrease somehow?  

When they first announced the price set up for seats, I thought it was a joke when all you needed to donate for the MGC was a mere $500 and there was no seat limit. Poor planning from the start compared to how other schools handle club level type seats. If we had done what we are doing now from the start some people wouldn't be complaining.

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Did they?  I thought ticket prices were pretty much the same as last year with one more game this year making the total ticket cost higher due to the extra game.  But, since I am a buyer anyway, I did not pay that close attention to the ticket costs this year.  Is the per ticket cost higher?  Or,  Are you referring to "donation" levels?  Now, donation is "per seat" which it should have been from the start.  Why should a guy with one seat pay the same as a guy with four seats? Isn't it now $300 per seat?  Which actually gives some few club seat holders a decrease.  I donate well over the required minimum, so again, did not pay that close attention...is it $300 per seat or $250?  Just for reference...at Okie State, the required Club level donation is $2000.00 per seat per year.  Not comparing records...just costs.  Club seats at UNT continue to be a bargain compared to the costs for club level types seats at "big time football" schools.  The interesting thing about all this is no one is required to purchase Club Seats.  There are tons of great seats at Apogee that are not in the Club area.  Some folks prefer those bowl seats to the Club which is understandable.  I do believe that the football watching atmosphere is actually great in the bowl.

It matters not where folks want to sit...it only matters if they show up.  One's seat preference is a personal choice.  You get to pick your seat location and costs.  There are seat costs to fit every budget and every location preference.  No reason to miss a game based on costs at Apogee.  Wing Zone (end zone) costs are very reasonable while suites are a bit more costly.  Pretty much like it is at every stadium, right? 

Just be there to help fill Apogee for the SMU game for sure.  Then when the Mean Green whip up on the ponies, come back for the rest of the season.

It is all about personal finance priorities.  I would love to have club seats but really can't afford them.  If you have a young family, make under 80K, and rounded reasonable entertainment budget you shouldn't be even considering buying club seats.  The finance of big time college sports makes me feel slimy.  I love the product just don't like being exposed to the details of how its made like sausage.  That being said if UNT gets too a level where I can old afford to buy one ticket a year I would be beyond excited.  Because that would mean they are being successful at a level to attract more attention for the university and that may have a small positive affect on my career down the line at some point.  I can always watch them on TV.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

25 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Yes, if you are giving $20k the the MGC, a huge jump in price per seat doesn't necessarily affect you, as you can just balance it out inside your donation.

However, for those who have purchased these seats as an investment and have to live on a budget, a huge price increase at the exact time when they can just right this off as a loss will cause more than a few to do so. They have basically dropped a large, mandatory increase on those paying the minimal level for seats in the mid level and top level club seats. 

They also more than doubled the cost of seats (or the mean green club level donation) for those at the lowest level who hold 4 or more seats. 

And they did it after the worst season in UNT football history. 

But please, feel free to put your usual spin on it. 

For the non-club seat holders, the way it used to work was you pad a certain MGC donation level to be able to purchase club seats. For instance, if you wanted to purchase 2 club seats at the lowest level (20-goal line each side), it used to require a minimum MGC donation of $500 plus ticket prices for the season (another $750). UNT changed the MGC level donation requirement to a per seat level. For the lowest level, it's $300 per seat. So, if you own 2 club seats, it's only a $100 a year raise. But if you own 4 seats and were contributing the $500 minimum, your minimum just went to $1200. 

Now, at the next level the minimum donation was $1000 MGC donation, I believe (someone without an agenda please feel free to post the correct amount). But let's just say for a second it was $1000 and say UNT placed the per seat price at $600 per seat. A person who owned 4 seats would now have his donation requirement increased from $1000 to $2400. 

So when KRAM says this wasn't a proce increase to club seat holders, he is doing the normal KRAM spin. 

Look, everyone knew the prices would eventually go up, but don't serve me a sh1+ product and then try to charge me double for it. It's bad business. But that was what the former AD was best at, wasn't it. 

Spin?  No Sir.  Just a reasonable discussion on a friendly basis until you decided to Do what you always do these days. If you think making a large donation equates to a "decrease", then so be it, but that, Sir, is indeed spin.  Never said it was or was not a price increase, you are the one all over that...you said ticket prices were increased.  I simply asked if they were as I missed it if they were.  It is simply a fact that some folks saw a decrease in required donation....note I said some and in my first post I said "few".  That is not spin, it is simple fact.  Because it doesn't fit your narrative does not make it spin.  Sorry you see everything as an attack on your position.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

13 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

When they first announced the price set up for seats, I thought it was a joke when all you needed to donate for the MGC was a mere $500 and there was no seat limit. Poor planning from the start compared to how other schools handle club level type seats. If we had done what we are doing now from the start some people wouldn't be complaining.

While I agree with this, the market dictated where the price fell. 

The club level was never sold out, especially at the mid level and top level seats. Don't believe me? Give the ticket office a call and tell them you want to purchase club seats at the 50 yard line. They will be falling all over themselves to take you to lunch (if they answer the phone) and provide those seats to you.

5 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Spin?  No Sir.  Just a reasonable discussion on a friendly basis until you decided to Do what you always do these days. If you think making a large donation equates to a "decrease", then so be it, but that, Sir, is indeed spin.  Never said it was or was not a price increase, you are the one all over that...you said ticket prices were increased.  I simply asked if they were as I missed it if they were.  It is simply a fact that some folks saw a decrease in required donation....note I said some and in my first post I said "few".  That is not spin, it is simple fact.  Because it doesn't fit your narrative does not make it spin.  Sorry you see everything as an attack on your position.  

Everything you post is spin. EVERYTHING. And anyone who has been around for a year or more knows it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

32 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

Totally agree with you and have made this exact point from the very beginning.  In fact, one of my very first questions to Cooper Jones when discussing Club seats was, "you mean I can buy one, two, four or six club seats with the same $500 donation level"?  When he said yes, I just shook my head and told him that was a big mistake and would come back to bite you in the rear end.

My speculation at the time was that they were more interested in the immediate stadium donations than the longer term sustaining MGC donations.  A mistake, but was what it was I guess.  I have given above the minimum so no biggie, but it has become a biggie for some club seat holders. If they couldn't see this coming, they just haven't been looking.  The good news is that the change has been made at the point where it could and there should not be such problems going forward.  I am guessing that club seat agreements/contracts going forward will spell things out much clearer and will be much longer than the ones we original seat holders signed.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Everything you post is spin. EVERYTHING. And anyone who has been around for a year or more knows it.

Sigh...UNT90 being UNT90.  If he doesn't go personal, it's just not UNT90 these days.  Sad.  No use even trying to have a discussion.  Guy gets what he wants and then just finds other random stuff to complain about.  UNT90 doing what UNT90 does.  Sigh........Glass isn't half full, it's flat empty for him.  OK, fine.

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

I'm guessing Cooper Jones no longer works for UNT, eh KRAM? 

You don't know?  In fact, he has been gone a long time.  Odd you didn't know that.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Sigh...UNT90 being UNT90.  If he doesn't go personal, it's just not UNT90 these days.  Sad.  No use even trying to have a discussion.  Guy gets what he wants and then just finds other random stuff to complain about.  UNT90 doing what UNT90 does.  Sigh........Glass isn't half full, it's flat empty for him.  OK, fine.

You don't know?  In fact, he has been gone a long time.  Odd you didn't know that.  

Gee, Mark, why don't you make a very personal comment about a personal relationship of mine again on this website? 

Because, as I recall, that's how our last Internet discussion ended.

And I do recall. 

14 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

I knew he was gone because you just talked bad about him on here. It's what you do: villify those no longer here while sucking up like a Hoover vaccum to those that remain. 

I can tell who is gone by how you post. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

41 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

I knew he was gone because you just talked bad about him on here. It's what you do: villify those no longer here....

I can tell who is gone by how you post. 

Really? Did my comment on Cooper disparage him?  I thought I was talking about the donation required. Cooper did not set those donation levels.  Did you have the feeling that he did? And, is one not to even mention a past administrator in the athletic dept?  Is that a rule here or something because I seem to see you posting about our previous AD ad naseum...."it's what you do".  Touché!

• Downvote 2

• Harry locked this topic