Hypothetical

Let's allow ourselves a quick hypothetical- WB comes in and turns around the MGC, rapidly increases numbers in donations, members and drastically increases attendance at stadium. He also pulls the trigger on Benford. He also raises enough money to buy out the bs schedule and work a much better one. 

If all this happens, will the apologists finally come out and say they've been wrong about the clown show that was the past 17 years or will they say RV laid the groundwork for WB's success. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

17 minutes ago, Silent Eagle said:

Let's allow ourselves a quick hypothetical- WB comes in and turns around the MGC, rapidly increases numbers in donations, members and drastically increases attendance at stadium. He also pulls the trigger on Benford. He also raises enough money to buy out the bs schedule and work a much better one. 

If all this happens, will the apologists finally come out and say they've been wrong about the clown show that was the past 17 years or will they say RV laid the groundwork for WB's success. 

Easy answer. The apologists will obviously say this is RV's "vision" coming full circle. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

i guess one could take the better late than never approach; however imagine what would have been possible with even a borderline competent AD as opposed to RV.  the fact that we've had to hit rock bottom for this to happen is retarded.  A guy like this should have been hired years ago. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, wardly said:

What difference does it really make?

It matters. We can't afford to lose any fans, even if they are/were a part of the proRV crowd. All fans have to get behind the new AD and support this guy 100%. That will be difficult for the one's that were far in RV's corner. Listening to internal or external mumblings of RV will put negative vibes into the system. This system doesn't need any of that BS. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

When our three main programs turn around due to the Littrell, Wren, and Mitchell hires, the proRV crowd will forget about all of the time wasted on RV.  I look at it as 15 years wasted!  Wren will look at Benford's accomplishments(?) and will know what to do.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, wardly said:

We will never live another minute in the past. Next man up, lets see what you got!

4 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

When our three main programs turn around due to the Littrell, Wren, and Mitchell hires, the proRV crowd will forget about all of the time wasted on RV.  I look at it as 15 years wasted!  Wren will look at Benford's accomplishments(?) and will know what to do.

I've never seen him quoted, but I've always thought that Smatty was a basketball man...how could he not be? Couple that with Wren (he has shown he knows basketball) and I conclude that our wandering in the wilderness is about over where basketball is concerned.

1 hour ago, Silent Eagle said:

How about will the naysayers get on board?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, Silent Eagle said:

If there are any RV apologists still around then they are hopeless and will never see the light.  It's best just to ignore them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't know what EagleMBA means when he says "Next man up, lets see what you got!", unless its a circle jerk.It would probably be best if we drew a line in the sand and moved forward. Baker looks like a good hire,as does our new football coach, and deserves all the support we can give him.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, wardly said:

I don't know what EagleMBA means when he says "Next man up, lets see what you got!", unless its a circle jerk.It would probably be best if we drew a line in the sand and moved forward. Baker looks like a good hire,as does our new football coach, and deserves all the support we can give him.

Sorry I didn't articulate that thought very well. I meant that what is done is done...no do-overs. Old what's-his-name is history and Baker is the next man up. I am excited about what he brings to the table based on what he has already accomplished elsewhere. I am definitely looking forward to seeing him attack our problems with his proven skills.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, wardly said:

This.  UNT athletics is bigger than any one individual.  Bigger than Odus Mitchell, Hayden Fry, Mean Joe, etc...  All great men, all contributed to our past as will those that follow.  Very few weremtotal failures, and whether you liked them or not, most did something positive except maybe Helwig.  Even Trilli, as bad as he was at coaching, got rid of the orange seats in the SP.  Why should we harp on our perceived failures of past employees.  Let them go in peace and support the program moving forward.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

39 minutes ago, wardly said:

On that I hope we can all agree. The past is past, and the future looks bright. I am 73, and hope to live long enough to see some "mean in the green".

Agree! I'm a snot-nosed brat of 71...but I was taught by my parents to respect my elders. :)

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

This.  UNT athletics is bigger than any one individual.  Bigger than Odus Mitchell, Hayden Fry, Mean Joe, etc...  All great men, all contributed to our past as will those that follow.  Very few weremtotal failures, and whether you liked them or not, most did something positive except maybe Helwig. the or Even Trilli, as bad as he was at coaching, got rid of the orange seats in the SP.  Why should we harp on our perceived failures of past employees.  Let them go in peace and support the program moving forward.  

I didn't remember that Trilli was behind it. I do remember being one of a number of folks who wrote checks.

• Upvote 1

Only after watching Republican and Democrat's conventions.On another note,UNTLifer sums up the state of the union at UNT far better than I could, and for what's its worth I agree with him 100%. It's time for all of who care about our university to put the past behind us and move forward together.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

16 hours ago, Silent Eagle said:

Who cares. The unintelligent can never admit a mistake. Don't care. New era. Time to move forward. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 12