How to get fans to the games??

How do we get fans to games...all games?

I am asking to hear actionable suggestions on what "WE" as supporters of the program can do to bring more people to the games. Also, what real and actionable activities the AD and school to do to bring fans to the game. 

I commit to bring 4 new people to a game this year that have not been to a game in the past 10 years...  Not much, but a start

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Why not recruit some cheerleaders to these alumni events at bar Louie Mexican sugar the happiest hour and hula hut!  I won a sweet mug and pennant last night but two smu tickets would have been as delicious as that cake!  Optimism reigns this time of year get more sporty where you have a collection of Green!!!!!

gmg

• Upvote 3

Go into Denton and surrounding suburbs to promote the program. Put up schedules at various places. Air commercials on the ticket, and random TV stations. Send a buy one get one free or half off voucher in the UNT alumni magazine. 

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

How do we get fans to games...all games?

I am asking to hear actionable suggestions on what "WE" as supporters of the program can do to bring more people to the games. Also, what real and actionable activities the AD and school to do to bring fans to the game. 

I commit to bring 4 new people to a game this year that have not been to a game in the past 10 years...  Not much, but a start

An empty seat is a wasted opportunity! TUM day... Next year we play Army at home that is the time to have a Thank You Military Day.

At the beginning of the year inform all organizations that there will be a fund raiser for military scholarships and the org that raises the most money will be recognized during the game.Have donation bends all over campus.

Blast an email within a 25mi radius that military personnel  in uniform and a companion gets in free to sit in the Wing Zone. Fill  the wing with men and women in uniform great photo op!

Establish green bucks in $10.00 amounts that are redeemable at the stadium store.

Friday before the game have green day (everybody wears their green) and TUM day (all military past and present wears their uniforms) have cheerleaders, players, and coaches walk thru campus passing out bucks and taking photos for Social Media. Drive SM content.

Game day recognize some vets and the org that raised the most money!

After the game have the band do a concert of patriotic music.Maybe 1 1/2 hours...If not to expensive fireworks to close the night.

We would be wiling to donate our club seats to a Vet. We can sit in GA.

I would also do a first responders day with a similar format....GMG

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

An empty seat is a wasted opportunity! TUM day... Next year we play Army at home that is the time to have a Thank You Military Day.

At the beginning of the year inform all organizations that there will be a fund raiser for military scholarships and the org that raises the most money will be recognized during the game.Have donation bends all over campus.

Blast an email within a 25mi radius that military personnel  in uniform and a companion gets in free to sit in the Wing Zone. Fill  the wing with men and women in uniform great photo op!

Establish green bucks in $10.00 amounts that are redeemable at the stadium store.

Friday before the game have green day (everybody wears their green) and TUM day (all military past and present wears their uniforms) have cheerleaders, players, and coaches walk thru campus passing out bucks and taking photos for Social Media. Drive SM content.

Game day recognize some vets and the org that raised the most money!

After the game have the band do a concert of patriotic music.Maybe 1 1/2 hours...If not to expensive fireworks to close the night.

We would be wiling to donate our club seats to a Vet. We can sit in GA.

I would also do a first responders day with a similar format....GMG

I like it...

• Upvote 1

-UNT should contact old supporters of the program, offer them a few games tickets for free... bring back some old fans that aren't interested and doesn't really hurt with the # of empty seats... UNT could then make some $ off them through parking and whatever they buy at the game..

-Also, they could offer cookouts to former boosters...

--Not sure if this is allowed, but would be great if we could offer something to students for them to come and fill the stadium, such as they get extra credit in class or something to this nature, with free food from the Union or something...

-Do something with the bars on fry street possibly for Students that are over 21... such as they bring in game tickets or something...

-Not sure if this is done anymore, but I remember at Fouts when we were going to the Bowl Games, fans could go out on the field after the game and play out on the field... 

-Not sure if this could/would be done.. but could be a big boost in terms of $ to the program.. is maybe having a few coaches break down game film a few hours after the game.. and then we could have the likes of Johnny Quinn, Orr, Robertson, Dunbar, J.Thomas, B.Kennedy, etc come and be quest speakers to break down film as well or even have them do it during the game...

-Would also think it would be great if the football program did something like they set aside tickets for any HS kid to walk up and get tickets... Maybe make it the Head Football Coaches of the HS teams, sign something and the kids just give to the office for a free ticket/tickets.. would be nice to help improve the # of kids that would consider walking on and also, we would see which HS have the most kids come so we know where to focus or expand our visits...

-Last but not least, work out something with local hotels for fans to get discounted rooms...

The thing that I think hurts UNT compared to the likes of UT, UTSA, TCU, SMU, etc is that those colleges have a bunch of stuff for people to do when they go down.. Would be great if we were to expand and develop around the stadium to attract more fans.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

-UNT should contact old supporters of the program, offer them a few games tickets for free... bring back some old fans that aren't interested and doesn't really hurt with the # of empty seats... UNT could then make some $ off them through parking and whatever they buy at the game..

-Also, they could offer cookouts to former boosters...

--Not sure if this is allowed, but would be great if we could offer something to students for them to come and fill the stadium, such as they get extra credit in class or something to this nature, with free food from the Union or something...

-Do something with the bars on fry street possibly for Students that are over 21... such as they bring in game tickets or something...

-Not sure if this is done anymore, but I remember at Fouts when we were going to the Bowl Games, fans could go out on the field after the game and play out on the field... 

-Not sure if this could/would be done.. but could be a big boost in terms of $ to the program.. is maybe having a few coaches break down game film a few hours after the game.. and then we could have the likes of Johnny Quinn, Orr, Robertson, Dunbar, J.Thomas, B.Kennedy, etc come and be quest speakers to break down film as well or even have them do it during the game...

-Would also think it would be great if the football program did something like they set aside tickets for any HS kid to walk up and get tickets... Maybe make it the Head Football Coaches of the HS teams, sign something and the kids just give to the office for a free ticket/tickets.. would be nice to help improve the # of kids that would consider walking on and also, we would see which HS have the most kids come so we know where to focus or expand our visits...

-Last but not least, work out something with local hotels for fans to get discounted rooms...

The thing that I think hurts UNT compared to the likes of UT, UTSA, TCU, SMU, etc is that those colleges have a bunch of stuff for people to do when they go down.. Would be great if we were to expand and develop around the stadium to attract more fans.

Like most of these, but I don't think they can give away anything in athletics to HS kids to remain NCAA compliant.

I think they stopped allowing people on the field to protect the turf. That seems valid to me, but might be something that could change under new management.

• Upvote 1

"Friday before the game have green day (everybody wears their green) and TUM day (all military past and present wears their uniforms) have cheerleaders, players, and coaches walk thru campus passing out bucks and taking photos for Social Media. Drive SM content."

Great idea.  I have over a year to lose 35 pounds so I can squeeze into my '60's - '70's era dress uniform.  Or would I be better in jungle fatigues?

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Army of Dad said:

Like most of these, but I don't think they can give away anything in athletics to HS kids to remain NCAA compliant.

I think they stopped allowing people on the field to protect the turf. That seems valid to me, but might be something that could change under new management.

If thats true about protecting the turf, its a super lame reason... I remember tearing down the field goal posts then then everyone carrying it out of the stadium at Fouts LOL.

and to the about giving away tickets... Wonder if we could create or title it in a way that boosters could donate/buy tickets for players.. or do something like this.. It may lead to more kids from the area coming to UNT for games, which then could lead to a few more staying at home.. 

• Upvote 1