MGB: UNT picks up 17 QB Cade Pearson (updated with new quotes)

Brett Vito

Good to see us getting a quarterback early in the process instead of getting the leftovers.  This may be hard to find out but I wonder if there is a list of quarterbacks that Seth Littrell inked.  Not kids that were signed while he was OC but ones he recruited and signed.  I think this will give us a gauge on his eye for talent.  

Edited by StealthEagle84
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I hope he gets a chance to compete against Frank Harris... Though I doubt that happens. I am willing to bet the reason Cade Committed today was because the coaches got word that Frank is committing elsewhere and officially accepted Cade's Commitment (likely made soon after his visit). We'll see shortly if I am right and Frank is going elsewhere. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Brett Vito said:

This does not make me happy. I can read between the lines. This kid UTSA nabbed held offers from Georgia Tech, Baylor, UCF, and Navy. Win these battles Seth.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

I watched 4 plays, and was sold. I didn't need to watch anymore of it. I think he will be our qb in 2018.

Don't count Mr. fine out... He's under sized BUT, he's the ONLY two time Gatorade POY in the state of Oklahoma 

1 hour ago, Side Show Joe said:

This does not make me happy. I can read between the lines. This kid UTSA nabbed held offers from Georgia Tech, Baylor, UCF, and Navy. Win these battles Seth.

Baylor offer appeared out of no where... I'm comfortable saying in 5 years this kids numbers will be better than Harris.  The likelihood Harris stays at UTSA is minimal. He's going to get a few bigger schools come in and offer, and leave. 

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

Baylor and some of those other offers were for him to play DB.  Harris didn't want to play DB, so he pretty much nullified the offers.

2 hours ago, GMG24 said:

The likelihood Harris stays at UTSA is minimal. He's going to get a few bigger schools come in and offer, and leave. 

I don't think so.  He's already shown he's not going to be swayed by that stuff.  Good for him.

Oh, and welcome to Mean Green Nation, Cade!  Home of a few hundred thousand friendly alumni, and a few old soreheads.

• Upvote 3

It's the University of North Texas, Cade. But you will learn. Welcome to the Mean Green Nation!

Very pleased to already have a quarterback for next year's class.

P.S. Are their NCAA rules that state we cannot go after players that have already signed/committed to other schools? Maybe we should convince some of Baylor's 2016 and 2017 class to come here.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Don't count Mr. fine out... He's under sized BUT, he's the ONLY two time Gatorade POY in the state of Oklahoma.

Not counting him out yet. I want Fine to be successful here, I think he is going to be a project. I am also a little biased to Pearson because he is from East Texas. The competition he has faced will help him adapt to the college game a little quicker.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, StealthEagle84 said:

Good to see us getting a quarterback early in the process instead of getting the leftovers.  This may be hard to find out but I wonder if there is a list of quarterbacks that Seth Littrell inked.  Not kids that were signed while he was OC but ones he recruited and signed.  I think this will give us a gauge on his eye for talent.  

Mitch Trubisky

Recruiting Profile

Who knows how accurate this is Littrell "All Time" recruits according to 247

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Brett Vito said:

so wait... now kids aren't even waiting for Signing Day to do the three hat monty thing? they just do it whenever they decide to commit?

hope he doesn't get any bigger offers that make that utsa hat go away...

interesting pick up. kid averages only 160 yards a game through the air. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1