**Important Meeting for All UNT Alumni, Boosters and Fans**

Harry

If they were hired by the university to act as consultants I don't know why they didn't get access to the season ticket holder/MGC member email addresses.  Don't even have to give them the info, just forward on an email from them to that mailing list.  

In fact, I would strongly encourage them to do so, unless they don't really want to get feedback from "All North Texas Mean Green Athletics Alumni, Boosters and Fans"  

Just now, TreeFiddy said:

Maybe the chat room will be open. 

Harry and Evan, how about a live podcast from the meeting? (No, I don't ask for much)

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

If they were hired by the university to act as consultants I don't know why they didn't get access to the season ticket holder/MGC member email addresses.  Don't even have to give them the info, just forward on an email from them to that mailing list.  

In fact, I would strongly encourage them to do so, unless they don't really want to get feedback from "All North Texas Mean Green Athletics Alumni, Boosters and Fans"  

This is something you should definitely bring up in the meeting. The thought may not have crossed anyone's mind.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Wonder if Mattress Mac will attend?  Former player, donor.

And my point about not all Alumni not receiving an invitation to this meeting had more to do with the fact that UNT does not share Alumni databases with other departments, i.e. UNT Athletics.

That used to be the case, yes. But within the last five years and especially the last two, Development and individual Colleges have been bringing down those silos under the last two Presidential directions.

Athletics is still halfway holding out but that may disappear here shortly.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

Athletics is still halfway holding out but that may disappear here shortly.

I really don't think people understand how isolated the athletic department, and specifically the former AD, wanted that department to be. 

Kingdom building.

I really hope a full audit is done of the AD by UNT and the new AD. It's sorely needed, over due, and may uncover some pretty major things. 

And it's just good business.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

22 hours ago, Harry said:
Attention -- All North Texas Mean Green Athletics Alumni, Boosters and Fans:

The University of North Texas needs your feedback so we can work together to make our athletic program the very best it can be.   Our fans are the foundation of the program and it is extremely important they provide input during our restructuring process.

You are invited to participate in an open meeting being held at the Club level of Apogee Stadium on June 27, 2016 at 6:30pm.  This meeting will provide for an open, honest discussion regarding the state of the athletic department.   The goal of the meeting will be to outline steps which will better engage and involve our alumni, boosters, fans and their families.

I realize that not everyone will get this message, so please help us by passing this invitation along to everyone you know, via facebook, twitter and social media.  Please let them know how important their feedback is to us.   This is a critical juncture in the history of our athletic program and your input and support is very much appreciated.

Go Mean Green!

Are we making HISTORY? I can not remember this ever happening before. The fingerprint  of the changes that have taken place and this reach out has Prez Smat down all over it.

Looking forward to the opinions and ideas. GMG

• Upvote 4

Like listed above, Please get your voices heard for the out of towners like me. I really wish  could be there, but I live almost almost 1700 miles away from Denton.... I really hope you guys make it clear to the powers of UNT, that we want a new AD and that the UNT curse stops now... 

It's time for a Mean Green Revolution! 

• Upvote 3

This is a HUGE positive step! Hat's off to Trip for doing this and being willing to listen to the actual fans. I'm very glad this is NOT an athletic department event as that means everyone can express their complaints without having the AD employees becoming defensive. I believe there will be a lot positive suggestions - ways of fixing the problems that caused the complaints.  

To those who plan to periscope the event, please post a link here so we can find the feed! 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, UNT90 said:

I really don't think people understand how isolated the athletic department, and specifically the former AD, wanted that department to be. 

Kingdom building.

I really hope a full audit is done of the AD by UNT and the new AD. It's sorely needed, over due, and may uncover some pretty major things. 

And it's just good business.

Excellent points to consider for this forum.

• Upvote 2

Is this thing open forum?  Is it worth my time to jot down a few notes so as to be more articulate and less rambling?  Or am I to expect to sit in a room listening to how great things are and how ignorant I am?

^^^^^Note #1:  I've built up an incredible sense of distrust.  Here's why.......

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 5