Meet & Greet With Coach Littrell

KRAM1

Just a few minutes ago I received an email from North Texas Football about this event. The subject line provides the date but the email only contains a picture of Seth giving a thumbs up.  The text of the email giving the location and information about what is happening cannot be viewed because IT'S IN WHITE TEXT ON A WHITE BACKGROUND!  

Really guys?  This is the best our AD office can do?  Can they really be this incompetent at their jobs?  

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Just a few minutes ago I received an email from North Texas Football about this event. The subject line provides the date but the email only contains a picture of Seth giving a thumbs up.  The text of the email giving the location and information about what is happening cannot be viewed because IT'S IN WHITE TEXT ON A WHITE BACKGROUND!  

Really guys?  This is the best our AD office can do?  Can they really be this incompetent at their jobs?  

This must be one of Capper's famous Twitter gags...

Right?

Seriously though, by the 3rd or 4th one of these, Littrell will turn to RV and ask "why are the same 17 people the only people who come to these things?" to which RV will pull Littrell aside and whisper softly in Littrell's ear "that's the way we like it at UNT."

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 3

20 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Right?

Seriously though, by the 3rd or 4th one of these, Littrell will turn to RV and ask "why are the same 17 people the only people who come to these things?" to which RV will pull Littrell Sade and whisper softly in Littrell's ear "that's the way we like it at UNT."

"And if you don't kiss up to them, like I do, you'll get fired if you can't turn things around...that's why the last guy got canned"...RV to SL

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

32 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

giphy.gif

38 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Right?

Seriously though, by the 3rd or 4th one of these, Littrell will turn to RV and ask "why are the same 17 people the only people who come to these things?" to which RV will pull Littrell Sade and whisper softly in Littrell's ear "that's the way we like it at UNT."

200.gif

1 hour ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I emailed Eric Capper and some others about this and got an answer back in under 2 minutes. He's going to check on getting a fix created if possible. I just did that about 5 minutes ago so we'll see if they can fix it. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Somebody needs to replace Eric Capper(More like Eric Crapper, stupid, but I had to). Excuse my french but that guy is a jackass. Snarky, rude, and inefficient. Sounds about par for the course with our current AD staff.

He's got a cute back-and-forth going with a guy on Twitter right now.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tyler Maryak said:

I saw that. Kept arguing with him. He said to come up to Littrell and ask if the staff was amateur, I replied and said every head coach the current AD has hired has a record of 31-78. Seems pretty amateur to me.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

The graphic promoting the event is embarrassing. It's something that a junior high booster club would put out, and that's not even considering the spelling mistake. Just like most things we do, it's not up to the level of FBS college football.

Capper should be ashamed. The day RV and his crew are gone couldn't come soon enough.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, GRN-WHT said:

The graphic promoting the event is embarrassing. It's something that a junior high booster club would put out, and that's not even considering the spelling mistake. Just like most things we do, it's not up to the level of FBS college football.

Capper should be ashamed. The day RV and his crew are gone couldn't come soon enough.

I'd be embarrassed if I was affiliated with a high school whose graphics were that bad... but a D1 university? Unacceptable. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, GRN-WHT said:

That day should be in roughly 10 years...

14 hours ago, Marty said:

I got that email also. Couldn't read it on my phone, so I checked it on my laptop when I got home and it was readable there. Kind of an odd layout though.

I'm curious, could you see the type on you laptop? I couldn't read it on my desktop. I didn't try a phone or tablet. I don't know how they created it nor. How it was checked which is where the problem happened.  

OK, so I just looked at my email and found the note below from Eric and what he found. The mistake wasn't done by anyone in the athletic department but rather from CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive was trying a new template and THAT was what caused the white on white problem. Getting all of the bugs out of software or a website before it goes live simply isn't possible as no one can test for every single situation that comes up. I suspect someone at CBSInteractive is already working to fix the template. 

But this problem wasn't in the athletic department, it was at CBS Interactive. The department does make mistakes, but this wasn't one of them. 

Apparently these newsletters are auto generated by our website provider from content we provide them. CBS was apparently trying out a new template that didn’t pick up the text. We are going to work with CBS to re-send a new newsletter.

Thanks again for the heads up.     

Eric Capper

Sr. Associate Director of Athletics

University of North Texa

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, MeanGreenDan said:

I'd be embarrassed if I was affiliated with a high school whose graphics were that bad... but a D1 university? Unacceptable. 

Look who his boss is. There is zero accountability inside the athletic department. Everyone knows they can do what they want and face no consequences from their boss, who faces no consequences from the BOR and the big donors. 

Isn't it funny how lack of accountability rolls downhill? 

And people think Littrell will be successful in that poisonous environment. Lol. 

52 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

OK, so I just looked at my email and found the note below from Eric and what he found. The mistake wasn't done by anyone in the athletic department but rather from CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive was trying a new template and THAT was what caused the white on white problem. Getting all of the bugs out of software or a website before it goes live simply isn't possible as no one can test for every single situation that comes up. I suspect someone at CBSInteractive is already working to fix the template. 

But this problem wasn't in the athletic department, it was at CBS Interactive. The department does make mistakes, but this wasn't one of them. 

It's never anyone's fault at the UNT athletic department.

Just ask them.

Just a thought, but you might want to review the newsletters you are sending out instead of Twitter fighting with alumni. ?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

14 hours ago, Tyler Maryak said:

so petty/snarky.   The kind of thing you would expect from an underling... not from the Assoc. AD, Director of Communications.

Mr. Capper, if you read this, please take the high road from now on, you're making yourself and the AD look bad.   Fans are gonna vent.  Feel free to ignore.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Just a thought, but you might want to review the newsletters you are sending out and stop Twitter fighting with alumni. ?

It's obvious you've never worked with a global interactive company or you'd know it's not practical to review every automated response AND get them out in a timely fashion AND to it for less than $100K or more a year. Pick two, not three. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

It's obvious you've never worked with a global interactive company or you'd know it's not practical to review every automated response AND get them out in a timely fashion AND to it for less than $100K or more a year. Pick two, not three. 

And Twitter fight with alumni.

Ya, it's super hard. How could we ever expect anyone to include themselves in the email distribution and take 5 minutes to review the content for errors and then fix said errors. 

I mean, who would insult Derek Thompson on Twitter in the mean time? 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

How could we ever expect anyone to include themselves in the email distribution and take 5 minutes to review the content for errors and then fix said errors. 

But they ARE fixing the errors. That's the point - you can't have an automated system that anticipates every option before it gets into the field. When you find a mistake, you fix it. 

I don't know about the specifics of the twitter argument. I do know a company should respond quickly and accurately to negative twitter comments. That doesn't mean getting into an argument, but putting out your corrected information and moving on. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

But they ARE fixing the errors. That's the point - you can't have an automated system that anticipates every option before it gets into the field. When you find a mistake, you fix it. 

I don't know about the specifics of the twitter argument. I do know a company should respond quickly and accurately to negative twitter comments. That doesn't mean getting into an argument, but putting out your corrected information and moving on. 

Didn't he thank you for bringing it to his attention? 

Which means he isn't monitoring content that is disseminated to MGC members.

The wrong dates and wrong times for games would also indicate this. 

Meanwhile, Twitter is his friend. 

Monitor your content and fix your mistakes as quickly as possible. It's not a lot to ask, unless you are asking it of this athletic department.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

45 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Didn't he thank you for bringing it to his attention? 

Which means he isn't monitoring content that is disseminated to MGC members.

Web customer service 101 starts with always, ALWAYS thank someone for bringing a situation to their attention. You never, EVER say you were already aware of the problem. 

Secondly, companies I've worked for in the past had entire departments dedicated to distributing information via website, twitter and other social media. In every single case, the public always catches some of the mistakes that go out. You can either NOT use social media or accept some mistakes but those are the only two choices. 

I know you have a desperate case of buyers remorse over your club seats and want to blame the athletic department for everything that you don't like in the world. But in this case, it's simply not their fault. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2