Kevin Patrick to Texas Tech

BillySee58

2 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

He's been here over 2 years. We have sucked something fierce in stopping the run and sacks the entire time he has been here. He may be a decent recruiter, but meh. Winning will outrecruit him 365 out of 365 days. 

And played with under sized and under recruited DL 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

Man this is the worst timing possible. I really hope he let littrell know a good ways in advance to get a hire in for DL. All the good news around here lately and then we lose a good one to freakin tech. 

I don't think so. The recruits have had no contact for 3 weeks. Come Wed we will be in their face!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Zeke said:

Bryce English is signed already and can't follow................right?

Tech is in conference with K-State. He'd lose an extra year of eligibility. It sucks that he thought he would be coached by Patrick and won't but this is still a great place for him to be.

As far as replacements, how about the departed ECU D-line coach? He obviously knows Brad Davis well.

Oh, and I'm sure that dude that was hanging around here that was fired by WVU would still want to get back into coaching. Tulane's guy is available as well.

After further review, I think the ECU coach is our best bet.

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/pi-tv-marc-yellock-virginia-230200469.html

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, p_phelps said:

unemployment where he needs to be. Maybe too harsh, retirement and he can stay there.

Tongue was firmly planted in cheek when I posted that. I'm still glowing from watching a helluva good football game...which Clemson should have managed to win.  But Bama deserves credit for taking the game. That's the way football go. I fear we are going to see lots of scores like tonight's game unless we recruit some animals for the defensive side of the ball and a solid D-Line coach to replace KP.

This next month is going to be interesting!

43 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

Let him go! We have a national champion at QB next year!

Between him, Littrell and Harrell alone there will be a number of "big-ass rings" in our locker room.

• Upvote 1

Patrick has been a good recruiter.  Patrick has been connecting with Tech for a while through social mediums. IMJ this has been an agreement since Littrell came on due to the transition period.  The staff is already connected with a couple of key DL coaches. The timing is planned too. I'm not concerned here, it seems planned. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, UNTWILLWIN said:

Patrick has been a good recruiter.  Patrick has been connecting with Tech for a while through social mediums. IMJ this has been an agreement since Littrell came on due to the transition period.  The staff is already connected with a couple of key DL coaches. The timing is planned too. I'm not concerned here, it seems planned. 

If this is true, and I don't see why it wouldn't be, that's awesome that coach Patrick finished strong here and was so instrumental in getting English on board.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If this is true, and I don't see why it wouldn't be, that's awesome that coach Patrick finished strong here and was so instrumental in getting English on board.

Because they can't put anything on the internet that's not true?

Edited by Army of Dad

6 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

Because they can't put anything on the internet that's not true?

Wasn't clear on what I was citing there...  

55 minutes ago, UNTWILLWIN said:

We know KP was the lead guy after the season was over due to coach Chico's tweet about sending any/all recruiting correspondence to coach Patrick.  We know he was working to get English on board... and I'm sure others as well.  

Thankfully he hung around here as long as he did.  I don't know if we would have landed English if he didnt.

Best of luck to coach Patrick in Lubbock.  I'm terribly sorry he has to live in Lubbock.

• Upvote 5