MGB: Could David Bailiff be a candidate at UTSA?

Brett Vito

Why would Rice give permission for nUTSAck to interview unless they have plans to go another direction for some reason. Bailiff has no connection to nUTSAck that I know of. He was born in Dallas and played for Texas State. This seems very odd as it would be a lateral in-conference move.

4 minutes ago, Travis said:

Is this one of those, "i want to get a raise from my employer" type plays he is making?

If it is then it could backfire on Baliff in a big way. Rice says no to a raise and then he is stuck going to nUTSAck. If it were a ploy for a raise then I would guess you would want your agent to float rumors that there is interest from other schools. This has gone as far as asking permission from Rice for an interview for what would seem to be a lateral/downward move. 

15 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

If it is then it could backfire on Baliff in a big way. Rice says no to a raise and then he is stuck going to nUTSAck. If it were a ploy for a raise then I would guess you would want your agent to float rumors that there is interest from other schools. This has gone as far as asking permission from Rice for an interview for what would seem to be a lateral/downward move. 

The success he has had at Rice has proven he is good coach! Would be a great hire for UTSA!

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

If so then I'm not sure I understand the thinking from Rice for wanting to move on.

I don't really know how the A.D./administration feels, but as you can tell from the Rice fan thread about this topic, they view this as an opportunity to lose Bailiff and hire someone else: http://csnbbs.com/thread-766272.html

giphy.gif

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I don't really know how the A.D./administration feels, but as you can tell from the Rice fan thread about this topic, they view this as an opportunity to lose Bailiff and hire someone else: http://csnbbs.com/thread-766272.html

giphy.gif

Welp, they may get what they wish for. Kind of like Cowboy fans clamoring for Romo to be gone. Well, they just got a taste of what that will be like. Be careful what you wish for.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, MeanGreenRoadrunner said:

There is interest.  Baliff might be looking to coach and play in front of more than 2k people on saturdays.  Not trying to knock Rice, but they are competitive in cusa and no one goes.   Also, it looks like UTSA is ready to offer about 800k/year to the next hire.

giphy.gif