Become #UNTouchable

All About UNT

Props. A step in the right direction. 

This was long overdue.  Schools were doing this in 2013.  Now we have coaches out there dancing and dabbing...hanging with rapper Paul wall and getting grills...

Time to step it up. I haven't been on the urban music scene in a while, but I know the Dallas area had a local music presence about 15-20 years ago.  If that is still the case, UNT needs to get on it...SMU may be too uppity to get with local artists and celebs, but you never know.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, GOMG2013 said:

I haven't been on the urban music scene in a while, but I know the Dallas area had a local music presence about 15-20 years ago. 

28 years ago?

Edie_Brickell_-_Shooting_Rubberbands_at_

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Harry said:

They are really going after the social media aspect which is huge.  think about it -- what is the one resource we have above most all of our competition?  Numbers!  We have tons of alums and graduates who are on social media.  Under Mac we never really maximized this abundant natural resource.  Great job by the AD.

Great to have a coach who really seems to know what he is doing.  Now if we can just get this AD to really take this to where it needs to go it would be awesome.  Maybe start selling some shirts with this on it.  How about a shirt with this hashtag and the school song words printed inside the letters?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

It has a certain swagger to it...but it could also be used against us. EX: untouchable = lepers; untouchable = gangstas. Think "nUTSAck". JMO.

Haha I have to admit, the first thing I thought of after "Hey, cool!" was, "Wait...like syphilis?"

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, rcade said:

#UNTOUCHABLE is more than a good football slogan. It explains how RV still has a job.

Haven't you heard? Those of us that wanted consequences for terrible job performance were just on "a witch hunt" according to one of the 17. 

He will be here until he wants to leave. Only at UNT would the allegiance be to a man and not to what is best for the university and, more importantly, the student athletes. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

14 hours ago, H-towngreen said:

Social media is a huge tool in recruiting now

Not only that but personalized social media has become huge in recruiting. It was once just facilities and seeing a jersey in a locker  now it's personalized stadium intros, social media, and photos shoots on recruiting trips. Anything that make a recruit feel special. This is a major step forward. A visual arts/visual media crew can be a major asset in recruiting.

Glad to see the new staff on top of it!

#untouchable 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, MeanGreenHoops said:

This board really needs to auto correct RV to something else to avoid the same tired discussion every time.

The new staff has really upped their social media game. Probably have professional help and not only is that ok it's good news.

I would have liked to have seen the look on Littrell's face when he found out we weren't dong the little things like this that most other schools were doing. It's not rocket science. We should have been utilizing social media a long time ago. And no, Capper talking about seeing Iowa in a bowl game or busting DT's balls doesn't count.

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

I would have liked to have seen the look on Littrell's face when he found out we weren't dong the little things like this that most other schools were doing. It's not rocket science. We should have been utilizing social media a long time ago. And no, Capper talking about seeing Iowa in a bowl game or busting DT's balls doesn't count.

And then the look on Littrell's face when he realized it would be completely up to him to make sure things like this get done. 

Completely.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

16 hours ago, GOMG2013 said:

Time to step it up. I haven't been on the urban music scene in a while, but I know the Dallas area had a local music presence about 15-20 years ago.  If that is still the case, UNT needs to get on it...SMU may be too uppity to get with local artists and celebs, but you never know.

Bobby Sessions, Blue, The Misfit, Sam Lao, Buffalo Black, Spinderella, Alsace, and The Outfit, TX from Dallas say, "wassup." Closer to home in Denton, you have your pick of AV The Great, the whole roster of Gitmo artists, Character., Ritchy Flo, S.GOOD, Stu Brootal, Black Mamba, D-Mar, Muenster, Kye Yote, and on and on. They're all here, and pretty good (though I lean in favor of the Dallas artists for this one). #nofakehandshakes

1 hour ago, MeanGreenHoops said:

This board really needs to auto correct RV to something else to avoid the same tired discussion every time.

I nominate Jimmy Johns.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

Finding little things that we can do that others aren't is the KEY to us landing recruits. 

4 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

And then the look on Littrell's face when he realized it would be completely up to him to make sure things like this get done. 

Completely.

Not to burst your bubble, but most coaching staffs come up with their slogans and fancy stuff like this then push it to GA's to get it done.  Just fyi, they may get some help from very low people in the AD but that is mostly writing notes to recruits etc.  Just saying.  

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Haven't you heard? Those of us that wanted consequences for terrible job performance were just on "a witch hunt" according to one of the 17. 

He will be here until he wants to leave. Only at UNT would the allegiance be to a man and not to what is best for the university and, more importantly, the student athletes. 

200_s.gif

Edited by EagleMBA