MGB: Morris transfer closer to being finalized, sources say

Brett Vito

5 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

I'm excited about Alec Morris coming to NT.  Is it against NCAA rules for me to ask Alec to try on his National championship ring ?  I guess I could've asked MaC.

I shook Mac's hand once. Ring nearly broke my finger. I still feel that ring at night sometimes...

DjWVflsZ3r07m.gif

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Army of Dad said:

This is why RV picked you to be saved from the GMG fire.

...to be clear, I believe with all of my heart that the Athletic Department reads this board.   Why wouldn't they?   This is the core of their fanbase.   And, doggone it, there is quality entertainment here.
Now, does that mean that everything anyone in the Athletic Department says/does is a direct response to what's going on in the most mundane of threads around here?   No.  
UNT90 has more posts on this site than anyone else... by far.  He is pretty obsessed with this site, I think we can all agree.  It would be easy to see how someone so wrapped up in this place would think EVERYTHING comes back here.   It doesn't though.

3 minutes ago, pastorgrant said:

I don't want to get in between, but I would like to say that while I think 90 has a good point, it would be nice to be able to talk about other things on the board, too. Maybe you can cut down the number of threads you take in this direction, 90. I think more people would want to hear what you have to say if you wouldn't hijack every conversation.

Eh, the problem really isn't me. Like Hunter said, if y'all would have ignored my one post, that's all it would have been.

Instead, to believe some of you, Alec now has to read more about me than himself and no recruit will ever pick UNT again. 

There has been lots o silliness on this board the last month. This just encapsulizes all of it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Wow this is exciting - so this means he can start in the spring, correct?  I think we may end up getting some Allen fans show up similar to what happened when TDodge was here. Any attendance boost would be great.  Who knows, maybe we'll actually win some games and keep those fans around. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Eh, the problem really isn't me. Like Hunter said, if y'all would have ignored my one post, that's all it would have been.

Instead, to believe some of you, Alec now has to read more about me than himself and no recruit will ever pick UNT again. 

There has been lots o silliness on this board the last month. This just encapsulizes all of it.

Sigh.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Right it isn't the initial comment that is the cause , it is everyone's reaction to it. Just as traffic isn't the cars that got in the wrecks fault , it is just the cars building up behind causing the backup.. They should just know to take a different road and avoid those drivers.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GreenBeer09 said:

Right it isn't the initial comment that is the cause , it is everyone's reaction to it. Just as traffic isn't the cars that got in the wrecks fault , it is just the cars building up behind causing the backup.. They should just know to take a different road and avoid those drivers.

Except it's like the cars continually rear ending the one car that hit the median, then griping at the car that hit the median. I mean rear ending, backing up, and rear ending again. 

For people who claim not to want to talk about something, y'all sure do talk about it a lot...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 10

1 hour ago, Stan R said:

Wow this is exciting - so this means he can start in the spring, correct?  I think we may end up getting some Allen fans show up similar to what happened when TDodge was here. Any attendance boost would be great.  Who knows, maybe we'll actually win some games and keep those fans around. 

That would be awesome to get some Allen fans up for a game.  I didn't even consider that possibility.

1 hour ago, Aldo said:

If Morris at the very least is able to make Mean Green football more exciting next season, it's a connection to Allen HS, and their fans, I hope we can foster.

As long as our WRs can catch what he slings their way, this upcoming season is going to be a heck of a lot more exciting, even if the record ended up being similar.  (Which I don't think it will be.)

7 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I am pretty amped up for this season.....scoring 40 pts a game will be nice......  I hope the D can hold its ground..

Having a QB who can make plays and move the chains will automatically make our defense better.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 5

I am just a fan of the game unable to break it down like some of you can. What do you think we have in Morris? I realize he 

has a good pedigree coming from Alabama, but do you think his lack of playing time will be a hindrance to becoming our #1 qb? 

4 years to be sitting on the bench is a lot to ask for someone to come in here and just become our number one qb like that. He also

will be learning a new offensive system. I guess I am asking if you think we have a serious upgrade here at qb? Your thoughts? 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, djohnnie said:

I am just a fan of the game unable to break it down like some of you can. What do you think we have in Morris? I realize he 

has a good pedigree coming from Alabama, but do you think his lack of playing time will be a hindrance to becoming our #1 qb? 

4 years to be sitting on the bench is a lot to ask for someone to come in here and just become our number one qb like that. He also

will be learning a new offensive system. I guess I am asking if you think we have a serious upgrade here at qb? Your thoughts? 

I think your first sentence describes so many of us that you should consider yourself at home.  My thought it that someone whose opinion is considered to matter in college football has been impressed with him as a quarterback prospect.  Most often, we have watched our passing game, and overall offensive execution, with our only coherent thought being "who else have we got?".

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, djohnnie said:

I don't expect Morris to be a record setting QB here at NT. But I know for a fact, at this moment, Morris is the best QB that North Texas has right now. If you don't believe me, look at how many transitions we went through at QB last year.

He will be rusty being that he was a 3rd string QB at Alabama. But he hopefully the off-season can wash most of that rust off.

On 1/13/2016 at 10:51 AM, UNT90 said:

Encapsulates? 

Seriously, though, as to Alec getting hit and being ready off the bench...if he really was too much of a vajayjay, don't you think Bama would have dropped him altogether much sooner, rather than keeping him on the depth chart?  Also: do they let their QBs get hit during camp?  If so, and if he's been taking hits from Bama's defense, then...game on.

5 hours ago, GreenTexan13 said:

I don't expect Morris to be a record setting QB here at NT. But I know for a fact, at this moment, Morris is the best QB that North Texas has right now. If you don't believe me, look at how many transitions we went through at QB last year.

He will be rusty being that he was a 3rd string QB at Alabama. But he hopefully the off-season can wash most of that rust off.

We are better at QB with Morris. The debate is how much better and will it be enough to make a difference in the won/loss record.

For those who are thinking we are going to score 40 points a game, get off the peyote. 

Right now, the enthusiasm I have about Morris largely rests in his reputation at 'Bama for excelling in the off field work - work that will be crucial in turning around the NT program.  

If he can come in and help Littrell transition by demonstrating the dedication needed to exceed at a high level, I think his impact will be felt even in subsequent seasons.

• Upvote 1