UNT student shot in head in suspected road rage incident

Denton Police said a car crash that sent a University of North Texas student to the hospital in critical condition this morning was the result of gunfire rather than a New Year’s Eve drunk-driving accident.

Shortly after 2 a.m., police responded to a car that smashed into an electrical pole at the 1700 block of North Elm Street near Texas Woman’s University. A 20-year-old woman, whose name wasn’t released, was found lying on the ground with a gunshot wound to the head.

Witness told authorities that the gunfire came from a dark colored or black Toyota or Lexus SUV. The shooting appeared to be the result of a road rage incident. Police said people in the two vehicles “exchanged” words just before multiple shots were fired.

read more: http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2016/01/unt-student-shot-in-head-in-suspected-road-rage-incident.html/

Cops are asking anyone and everyone who threw the party who the guys were.  At least two in the SUV were at that party.  

Of course the people who threw the party have zero blame and everyone needs to STFU about it cause they didn't do anything.

This dumb f*ck neanderthal is wearing a UNT Hoodie so I just have to imagine he is a student..... with that nickname and audacity.  UNT at it's finest here.

Really love this girl below...... reminds me of Anne Hathaway playing gangsta in Havoc

What a tragic event.  Very sad to see this news, and I send my prayers out to the family and friends of this young lady.  Lost so very young with her future in front of her.  And, lost in such a violent and tragic way. So sad.  I hope those responsible are found by the authorities soon and that they face the Justice they so rightly deserve.

• Upvote 2

Road rage? Doubtful. Not at 2am after a party. This was drunken/high stupidity. The truck full of dudes probably got turned down harshly by the car full of girls in a way that rubbed one og wrong. The whole truck full should be considered fugitives and all should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

14 hours ago, All About UNT said:

Cops are asking anyone and everyone who threw the party who the guys were.  At least two in the SUV were at that party.  

Of course the people who threw the party have zero blame and everyone needs to STFU about it cause they didn't do anything.

This dumb f*ck neanderthal is wearing a UNT Hoodie so I just have to imagine he is a student..... with that nickname and audacity.  UNT at it's finest here.

Really love this girl below...... reminds me of Anne Hathaway playing gangsta in Havoc

I guarantee those stupid F'k heads know or have a damn good idea who's behind this. I can't believe these kind of people live here in Denton. I wish they could be neutered to be taken out of the gene pool. The world will be better off. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

I guarantee those stupid F'k heads know or have a damn good idea who's behind this. I can't believe these kind of people live here in Denton. I wish they could be neutered to be taken out of the gene pool. The world will be better off. 

And even worse is that they probably go to UNT. I've said for a while we should probably consider tightening up our admissions standards. Sad all the "yeah but that party was dope tho" posts I saw on Twitter. 

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

And even worse is that they probably go to UNT. I've said for a while we should probably consider tightening up our admissions standards. Sad all the "yeah but that party was dope tho" posts I saw on Twitter. 

What?  You don't think some of these kids are Harvard material?

https://twitter.com/ashleysimpsonn/status/656268156080664576

Edited by MeanGreenTeeth
  • Upvote 1

Road Rage? No.

Why candy coat this? Call it what it really is. It was a hate crime, or it should be investigated as so until it can be proven otherwise.

Handle it the same way as if four white men left a party and went out to kill a black girl.

These four scum may be no different than the scum that murdered James Byrd Jr in Jasper and likely deserve the same fate.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Actually, our admissions standards are a lot higher than they were 15-20 years ago.  Maybe even a little more tightening would be in order, though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JesseMartin said:

Actually, our admissions standards are a lot higher than they were 15-20 years ago.  Maybe even a little more tightening would be in order, though.

I was about a year and a half into my master's program in our highly esteemed accounting program before anyone bothered to tell me I might ought could fill out an application for admission, please and thank you.  

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I was about a year and a half into my master's program in our highly esteemed accounting program before anyone bothered to tell me I might ought could fill out an application for admission, please and thank you.  

For the program, or for the school?!  Master's can be weird though.  A lot of times the departments will submit forms and process things for you just to get things rolling.  Still funny, though.

The individuals who threw this party can say they're not responsible all they want, but when you have a party openly inviting illegal behavior, you are at the very least partly liable for actions that arise by those leaving.  Similar to overserving people at a bar and then allowing them to drive home.

• Upvote 3

On 1/2/2016 at 1:48 PM, ADLER said:

Road Rage? No.

Why candy coat this? Call it what it really is. It was a hate crime, or it should be investigated as so until it can be proven otherwise.

Handle it the same way as if four white men left a party and went out to kill a black girl.

These four scum may be no different than the scum that murdered James Byrd Jr in Jasper and likely deserve the same fate.

You dont have your facts strait at all and should find them out before your spit out "Hate Crime". The girl was a white female and the suspected shooters were two black men in there 20's so dont give me that hog wash. NO Hate crime, just some idiot with a gun that had no business with one and its as simple as that. Oh and The girl wasnt dragged behind a car for three miles but was shot so should those two from NYE event get the same fate as the three POS perpetrators of Mr Byrd crime got?  Below is your supposed "Black Girl":

Sara Mutschlechner, a 20-year-old junior at the University of North Texas and philanthropy chair of her sisterhood, was shot dead during an apparent road rage argument in the early hours of New Year's Day

Edited by Withers940
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4