0-4 staring us dead in the face

UNT90

1-11 or 0-12 is staring us in the face. There is just not enough developed talent on this roster and the schedule is full of teams waaaayyyyyyy ahead of where we are right now. When we lost at SMU, this became the reality. Only reason this game wasn't worse today is because Rice let up off the gas in the 4th.

To me, without any doubt, the worst statistic to deal with is this one: Dan McCarney has three plus years left in his contract after this season is done. The chances of him still standing on the sidelines in 2017 are just too depressing to realize how high they truly are. And that the #UNTADforlife will be right there with him, 

• Upvote 3

We go 2 wins this year and there isn't a chance in hell that I renew season tickets for next year. 

Join me in the tail fin, general admission. I was pissed from last year, unless something big changes 2 wins will be pretty optimistic. 

How bad is it? We could definitely be 0 - 4 on October 10 and 0 - 5 on October 11.

I just checked the status of our Homecoming sacrificial lamb. They had a bye week this week after a 2 - 0 start with impressive wins over Washington State and Idaho State, both on the road. They have dates the next two weeks with lesser programs IMO so I expect them to come in here undefeated on October 10.

Beware the wolf in lamb's clothing!

How bad is it? We could definitely be 0 - 4 on October 10 and 0 - 5 on October 11.

I just checked the status of our Homecoming sacrificial lamb. They had a bye week this week after a 2 - 0 start with impressive wins over Washington State and Idaho State, both on the road. They have dates the next two weeks with lesser programs IMO so I expect them to come in here undefeated on October 10.

Beware the wolf in lamb's clothing!

bye week?

What's that?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Want does Coach Mac's contract say specifically?  If he has 3 season on this contract not including this season the AD definitely must go.  Who was beating down Coach Mac's door with a better FBS job?

On the plus side, the club upped its game on the food today.

They better because the play on the field isn't satisfying in any way

So after the Iowa body bag game, are we going to see any changes?

I hope so but I doubt it.  Coach Mac is very stubborn and with 2 years left on his contract he can afford to be.  Coach Mac subscribes to a philosophy that not making mistakes always trumps play making ability.   So if you can throw for 150 yard with a 40% completion rate with no turnovers you will start over the QB who could could throw for 375 yards 4 TD 2INT with 70% completion percentage. Now that might be an exaggeration but maybe not by much.  Let DeMarcus Smith put up that stat line and lose the game... guess who is starting next week?  He is a hint it won't be Smith.

• Upvote 3

Dont wanna hear McNulty had 305 passing, because 130 came when nothing mattered.

Frustratikg as hell that we are down 4 scores and no other QB throws a pass.

I expect to hear the same BS "I won a championship at Florida" on Monday night.

Depressing. 

McNulty had his best half ever.  He had 170 or so yards and completed 65% of his passes and moved the offense about as efficiently as possible. 

Then the 3rd quarter happened.  The first drive ended with a bad pass that got tipped by Harris and intercepted.  The 2nd drive ended with no fault of McNulty.  The 3rd drive was 3 bad incompletions.  By then Rice had pulled away because our defense was not stopping much of anything in the 3rd.  Last drive of 3rd and the 4th quarter were ok, but by then we were pretty much toast.

It wasn't enough, but I would take what I saw offensively today if we could limit the mistakes.  I am hopeful our defense gets their act together.  We would at least have a shot at winning 4 conference games, not that we would.

I really hope we come out swinging next weekend, but most of the time Mac goes full turtle on us against P5 teams.

• Upvote 1

Dont wanna hear McNulty had 305 passing, because 130 came when nothing mattered.

Frustratikg as hell that we are down 4 scores and no other QB throws a pass.

I expect to hear the same BS "I won a championship at Florida" on Monday night.

Depressing. 

Something more depressing.  

Dane Evans from Sanger throws for 427 yards...4 TD's 0 pics for Tulsa against Oklahoma yesterday...and we didn't want him.

Recruiting, or lack of has hurt this program.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1