Welp

cdizzle86

Are you kidding me?  Unless there are some facts to this we are unaware of taking place, which probably there are, that is one A-Hole of a Denton Cop.  Do our police in Denton have nothing more to do than arrest people for walking in the street?  Seriously? A warning and a "get on the sidewalk" wouldn't do?

I am wondering if the charge is just a "favor" that is reduced from a potentially more serious offense?  Perhaps the Cop was actually doing the kid a favor at the end of it all. I do recall a nice Cop in Charleston, SC taking pity on my then sea touring Merchant Marine Academy son with his ship in Charleston harbor, and citing him for a far lessor offense after a "Mariner" drinking party in town one night.  Does happen.  So, let's give both parties here the benefit of the doubt and hope..."lessons learned".

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

My most likely guess, and this is with no knowledge of Antoine, so please pardon me if I'm mistakenly pointing a finger, is that he was drunk in public, necessitating the cop bring him in to the holding tank for a bit, but not wanting to cite him with the more serious PI, they gave him a ticket for jaywalking.

• Upvote 1

My most likely guess, and this is with no knowledge of Antoine, so please pardon me if I'm mistakenly pointing a finger, is that he was drunk in public, necessitating the cop bring him in to the holding tank for a bit, but not wanting to cite him with the more serious PI, they gave him a ticket for jaywalking.

I don't know if this is what happened, but considering the amount of paper work generated by any arrest, I hope there was something else going on here.

A little perspective for the usual idiots on this subject.

This was either him being politely asked to move out of a roadway and throwing out the typical "I know my rights, you can't tell me what to do" B.S. and refusing to obey, leaving the cop no other choice but to arrest (if he won't get out of the street, writing him a ticket won't make him get out of the street.

Or

He was in the middle of a neighborhood know for street dealing narcotics and this offense was used for probable cause to detain him. (Before the idiots start screaming "racial profiling," they should read Whren v US. But they won't because they really could care less about facts when it comes to police encounters). When he was detained, he then reverted to the conduct described above in the "either" section.

Michael Brown could have saved his own life and gotten away with strong armed robbery had he simply complied with an officer's direction to get out of the road.

The idiocy of the black lives matter "movement" is having an extremely detrimental effect on young black males who get sucked into the propaganda and then make terrible decisions based on false information. 

Lets just be thankful that he didn't resist arrest and really complicate his future.

Well, at least they didn't shoot him for walking in a threatening manner.

one of the stupidest, ill informed, moronic posts ever by you.

You should be ashamed, especially since police protected your sorry butt  when you had to go into a dope house to remove children. 

I hope you need a cop someday and they just don't come.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 7

This was either him being politely asked to move out of a roadway and throwing out the typical "I know my rights, you can't tell me what to do" B.S. and refusing to obey, leaving the cop no other choice but to arrest (if he won't get out of the street, writing him a ticket won't make him get out of the street.

Or

He was in the middle of a neighborhood know for street dealing narcotics and this offense was used for probable cause to detain him. (Before the idiots start screaming "racial profiling," they should read Whren v US. But they won't because they really could care less about facts when it comes to police encounters). When he was detained, he then reverted to the conduct described above in the "either" section.

Michael Brown could have saved his own life and gotten away with strong armed robbery had he simply complied with an officer's direction to get out of the road.

The idiocy of the black lives matter "movement" is having an extremely detrimental effect on young black males who get sucked into the propaganda and then make terrible decisions based on false information. 

Lets just be thankful that he didn't resist arrest and really complicate his future.

welp, indeed. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

this is also a very real possibility. Thanks for adding some sanity.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't know if this is what happened, but considering the amount of paper work generated by any arrest, I hope there was something else going on here.

Very good chance it's something like PI or other minor issue. You can't sign a citation if your are intoxicatedz it could also be something simple as not having ID on him. While you do not need ID to be in public the officer will need it before citing you and you sign your promise to appear. If Jimmy didn't have ID then the officer has to cut him loose or arrest him to allow the judge to deal with it.

Unless there is more to the story this shouldn't turn out any different than a traffic ticket.

Hope so- really, really hope this is the case.

[...]

You should be ashamed, especially since police protected your sorry butt  when you had to go into a dope house to remove children. 

Yet another classic satire from UNT90! I'm sure some people won't understand that you are totally being in character here, but it really should be obvious based on the extreme exaggerations made and jumps in logic and shoehorning of limited ideology based on the tiniest bit of speculation! It's great! 

Stephen Colbert left his post as Lead Satirist and I'm nominating you for the vacancy! 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

Or

Wow.

Stick to the RV bashing, there is actually some truth to those posts.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

this is also a very real possibility. Thanks for adding some sanity.

It seems like the sane thing to do is quit treating the speculations as fact.  Of course there is the possibility there is more to it, but all anyone posting here actually knows is that Jimmerson was brought in for "pedestrian walk on roadway where sidewalk prohibited."  If you are going to make speculations, at least have the decency to treat them as such.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It seems like the sane thing to do is quit treating the speculations as fact.  Of course there is the possibility there is more to it, but all anyone posting here actually knows is that Jimmerson was brought in for "pedestrian walk on roadway where sidewalk prohibited."  If you are going to make speculations, at least have the decency to treat them as such.

Nah. This was an emergency - the post count was slipping this week and that task alert to #hit6postsperhour was staring a hole from the iPad all the way to his driving gloves as he kept looking down to check for new alerts.

• Upvote 2

Likely this. I can't believe I wasn't cited for "jaywalking" a few times during my time at UNT. He was probably walking home from Fry or somesuch, which is much better than driving by the way, and was on the road so they brought him in to sober him up. But again, all speculation.